Options

The Papa John's guy is a tool...and out of a job.

Comments

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    81 wrote:
    To compare pizza hut to true chicago pizza is a massive slap in the face to chicago pizza
    I've had authentic Chicago pizza and i like it. Just a comparison to the statement that if NY style is like pizza everywhere then Chicago style is like pan pizza everywhere. But of course neither is, that's the point. They are both unique and different. And GOOD!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    81 wrote:
    eddiec wrote:

Yeah, like how pizza is made everywhere else. I get all that. I'm just saying there's a point for saying Chi town style. It's completely different.
    No, everybody has tried to copy the New York style that is why it is more recognizable. But once you travel out of the Tri-state area you tend to just get bad imitation stuff and it never compares. Chicago style is obviosly different but that also has been copied all over the country. Anywhere they cook deep dish in a pan is similar to Chicago style. Like Pizza Hut.
    To compare pizza hut to true chicago pizza is a massive slap in the face to chicago pizza

this coming from a little ceazers fan... :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Nobody is comparing to or claiming lc is anything but good cheat pizza.

5 bucks....sign me up
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    as the winner of a free pizza and a pepsi max, I'm wondering.....where's my fucking email??? :?

you better not screw me, papa john :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    Its not top 10. First choice is lou. For cheap quick pizza its little ceasers

Dude, you've got to get a better cheap/quick choice. I worked there for two 1/2 years when I was in high school (bought a lot of grass and CD's with those paychecks :lol:) . Don't buy from Little Caesars. It is the king of fraud pizza. Fuck that place. I think that "butter" that they paint onto the breadsticks could kill Keith Richards in 5 minutes.

To each their own, but I encourage you to venture out and re-crown your cheap quick choice with something better, even if the margin is small.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    as the winner of a free pizza and a pepsi max, I'm wondering.....where's my fucking email??? :?

Free pizza? I'll bring the beer. ;):lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I met him in college while I worked at Papa John's and he was visiting stores in the area. Guy was a total douche. We spent 3 weeks cleaning the store and making every single surface shine and making sure every bag, box, and whatever else was perfectly arranged and looking sharp, as per his orders, and he zoomed in and out in 5 minutes. And during those 5 minutes he was as rude and douchey as a guy could be.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    Terrible pizza. That said, it does the trick if you're drunk...or stoned. At that point, I will not complain if a Papa John's pizza is in front of me! :D
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Terrible pizza. That said, it does the trick if you're drunk...or stoned. At that point, I will not complain if a Papa John's pizza is in front of me! :D

True. I know I just bashed on Lil' C's, but I am guilty of being drunk and/or stoned and stuffing that crap in my mouth plenty of times. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    Everyone (outside of Chicago) associates "Chicago style pizza" with deep dish. While its true, Chitown does have some amazing deep dish pizza, people forget that Chicago thin is some of the best pizza in the world.
    NY dough is typically made with high protein/gluten flour that rises for a couple to a few hours. Chicago thin usually a mix of higher protein bread flour and an AP flour which is left to rise for many hours with multiple punch downs. The higher protein dough allows for the stretchiness common of NY pizza. The lesser protein allows for a firmer texture which at high temps gets crispy/crustier crust...seen in Chicago thin.
    Give me a Chicago thin any day! Mmmmmmm!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Everyone (outside of Chicago) associates "Chicago style pizza" with deep dish. While its true, Chitown does have some amazing deep dish pizza, people forget that Chicago thin is some of the best pizza in the world.
    NY dough is typically made with high protein/gluten flour that rises for a couple to a few hours. Chicago thin usually a mix of higher protein bread flour and an AP flour which is left to rise for many hours with multiple punch downs. The higher protein dough allows for the stretchiness common of NY pizza. The lesser protein allows for a firmer texture which at high temps gets crispy/crustier crust...seen in Chicago thin.
    Give me a Chicago thin any day! Mmmmmmm!

I don't think I've ever had any Chicago thin, but I think people know about it. If you order a thin crust pizza from most places, they call the square cut "Chicago Cut". If you order it from a place that just cuts it into slices (like fucking idiots) you tell them Chicago Cut, and they know what you mean. I think it goes for any pizza place. I'm not saying any of it tastes like Chicago thin, but people do associate thin crust with Chicago, if only just in the way it's cut.
  • Options
    I met him in college while I worked at Papa John's and he was visiting stores in the area. Guy was a total douche. We spent 3 weeks cleaning the store and making every single surface shine and making sure every bag, box, and whatever else was perfectly arranged and looking sharp, as per his orders, and he zoomed in and out in 5 minutes. And during those 5 minutes he was as rude and douchey as a guy could be.

nobody does what papa johns does.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Be a douche?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

Be a douche?

He uses only the freshest douchiness.
  • Options
    He uses only the freshest douchiness.

Better arrogance. Better douches. Papa John's
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    You know what I call papa johns pizza....Porta John's.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    imalive wrote:

that bastard still hasn't emailed me as to how I can claim my free pizza. I'm envisioning an email at about 11:00 tonight, telling me I have until midnight to redeem :x

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I hated that super bowl commercial. He looked like a complete Douche bag saying his catch phrase with the football players or announcers whatever.

Whats more pathetic is dominos new commercial! The one where they were offended at themselves for how bad their cheesy bread is. its CHEESY BREAD! its greasy crappy bread with cheap ass cheese!!! they make it seem in the commercial that cheesy bread is some classy prestigious food and they were ashamed that theres doesnt live up to the hype. give me a break!

Oh and do they still have UNO's? I know they were basically the TGIF of fast food pizzerias but I always loved that place.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options

Oh and do they still have UNO's? I know they were basically the TGIF of fast food pizzerias but I always loved that place.

I loved UNO. I used to have one a stone's throw away in vegas. It closed, tho, and I think the whole chain was in $$$ trouble. :cry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

I loved UNO. I used to have one a stone's throw away in vegas. It closed, tho, and I think the whole chain was in $$$ trouble. :cry:

Is that Uno Chicago Grill? There's one in downtown Ft. Worth, but I've never been to it.
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    imalive wrote:

that bastard still hasn't emailed me as to how I can claim my free pizza. I'm envisioning an email at about 11:00 tonight, telling me I have until midnight to redeem :x

is papa a fraud?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

we have an uno's not too far from us. i like their pizza

edit-- we're talking about Pizzeria Uno's right? :?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    yes. pizzeria uno's, chicago style pizza chain. There used to be one where I live, closed down years ago, now its a Chuck-E-Cheeses (WTF). Thought that place went down under too.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    yes. pizzeria uno's, chicago style pizza chain. There used to be one where I live, closed down years ago, now its a Chuck-E-Cheeses (WTF). Thought that place went down under too.

I think at one point Chuck E Cheese filed for bankruptcy and closed down a whole lot of its restaurants, but they never completely went out of business and made a complete comeback. There are a bunch around here, and there were a bunch when I was a kid, but at one point there were only 1-2 of them around.

Showbiz Pizza Place went completely out though. Or I think they were going out and Chuck E Cheese bought them, and eventually turned them into Chuck E Cheese. Or something like that.
  • Options
    you guys like bertucci's?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Showbiz Pizza Place went completely out though. Or I think they were going out and Chuck E Cheese bought them, and eventually turned them into Chuck E Cheese. Or something like that.

Wow that's a name I had completely forgot about.

I don't think Papa Johns is that bad. It sure as hell beats Little Cesar's. Donatos is where it's at though, their chicken mariachi pizza is the shit.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

is papa a fraud?

if I don't get my free pizza, he's a RATFUCK :x

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I like Papa John's. It's not my first choice if I want pizza but it's good once in a while and when a real pizza place isn't an option. It's easily the best of the big chains, in my opinion. Pizza Hut would be closer to it if it wasn't so greasy. Handling a slice of their pizza is dipping your hands into a bowl of oil.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    it's the best chain pizza out there...the garlic dipping sauce is heaven
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Papa Johns is to pizza what McDonalds is to the burger.