Options

The Papa John's guy is a tool...and out of a job.

The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
edited December 2017 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone else sick of seeing his stupid face in every other commercial?
chinese-happy.jpg
Post edited by The Juggler on

Comments

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    I don't understand why anyone would eat Papa John's. It's not real pizza.
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Even his stupid car stinks.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    jshin wrote:

i hate how they parade him around in these commercials like he's some kind of celebrity too...who the hell would be that happy to see the papa johns guy walk into a room? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    jshin wrote:

I read somewhere that was his first car and he sold it when he was like 20. Then when he became rich he hunted the car down and told the owner he would pay anything to have it back. $250,000 later it was his.
    He even paid the person he sold it to in 1984 $25,000 for tipping him off to who the current owner was.

The car is only worth about $15,000. That alone makes him a tool.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    jshin wrote:

I read somewhere that was his first car and he sold it when he was like 20. Then when he became rich he hunted the car down and told the owner he would pay anything to have it back. $250,000 later it was his.
    He even paid the person he sold it to in 1984 $25,000 for tipping him off to who the current owner was.

so that actually is Papa John in the commercials?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    who the hell would be that happy to see the papa johns guy walk into a room? :lol:

people who are stoned

seriously, the dude is bringing pizza, crappy that it is...when i'm stoned i'll eat wallpaper if i've got ranch dip

;)

:wave:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    who the hell would be that happy to see the papa johns guy walk into a room? :lol:

people who are stoned

seriously, the dude is bringing pizza, crappy that it is...when i'm stoned i'll eat wallpaper if i've got ranch dip

;)

:wave:
    Pizza is like sex, even when it's bad it's still pretty good.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Its not terrible pizza, but not a first choice. Lou's rules
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    My favorite pizza ever!!! Ordered it when I was at work yesterday, large pie, half plain, half pepperoni and bacon, and then a cinnapie for dessert!! Love that pizza, the best!

Don't have an opinion on the guy, but the commercials were the reason why I didnt order Quiznos (yea, they deliver!)
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Options
    manutd3581 wrote:
    My favorite pizza ever!!! Ordered it when I was at work yesterday, large pie, half plain, half pepperoni and bacon, and then a cinnapie for dessert!! Love that pizza, the best!

Don't have an opinion on the guy, but the commercials were the reason why I didnt order Quiznos (yea, they deliver!)
    There aren't any real pizza places in North Jersey? Many places in North Jersey are as good as ones in the city. Try some local family run places. Really, Papa John's is not good pizza, sorry.
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    manutd3581 wrote:

There aren't any real pizza places in North Jersey? Many places in North Jersey are as good as ones in the city. Try some local family run places. Really, Papa John's is not good pizza, sorry.
    There are some really good pizza places near me, and in NYC, obviously. Bruno's is a good place near me, Sam's too, but I like Papa John's more than them. I'm not one to turn down pizza, just love me some Papa Johns. Maruca's Pizza in Seaside Heights is really good, too.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    youngster wrote:
    jshin wrote:

meanwhile there's someone on this board willing to shell out $600-$800 for Benaroya vinyl
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Its not terrible pizza, but not a first choice. Lou's rules

if papa johns is even a top 10 choice in your area, i feel for you man...don't you live in chicago? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Its not top 10. First choice is lou. For cheap quick pizza its little ceasers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    anyone else sick of seeing his stupid face in every other commercial?

So much hatred...
  • Options
    81 wrote:

little ceasers... :lol:

who is this lou you speak of? deep dish i'm assuming?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,772
    I never understood the whole Chicago-style vs. New York-style(which shouldn't even be a style, it's just pizza) because the former isn't even pizza. And I don't mean that as a knock, it's just that it's a meal in the way meat loaf or a turkey dinner is a meal.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Lou is classic chicago deep dish. Some say its the best. Good stuff.

Ceasers is good in its own right. I like it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I never understood the whole Chicago-style vs. New York-style(which shouldn't even be a style, it's just pizza) because the former isn't even pizza. And I don't mean that as a knock, it's just that it's a meal in the way meat loaf or a turkey dinner is a meal.
    Ny is like eating cardboard. Ha. Jk, ny style isnt bad.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

i love both styles
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Ny is like eating cardboard. Ha. Jk, ny style isnt bad.

I just don't know why they say "NY style" - it's just pizza. I understand why they say Chicago style. That's a huge difference.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

only little ceasers i've ever seen was in a kmart...that shut down years ago.

as far as "fast food" pizza chains are concerned, i always opt for pizza hut.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

only little ceasers i've ever seen was in a kmart...that shut down years ago.

as far as "fast food" pizza chains are concerned, i always opt for pizza hut.

I remember when Little Caesar's made a push around here in like the late 80's/early 90's. Guess they had to scale back. They're just in the northern midwest now, right?
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    PAPA'S IN THE HOUSE !!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    NY style uses a strong flour which allows the dough to be hand stretched and baked directly on the stones in the oven. This is what gives the crust its flavor. The dough can be stretched thin without breaking and not be thick and gooey. Cooking pizza in a pan is not the NY style, and it's not the way the Italians do it. Also, New York pizza shops (at least the real ones) always use tomatoes from the Napoli region of Italy.
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    NY style uses a strong flour which allows the dough to be hand stretched and baked directly on the stones in the oven. This is what gives the crust its flavor. The dough can be stretched thin without breaking and not be thick and gooey. Cooking pizza in a pan is not the NY style, and it's not the way the Italians do it. Also, New York pizza shops (at least the real ones) always use tomatoes from the Napoli region of Italy.

Yeah, like how pizza is made everywhere else. I get all that. I'm just saying there's a point for saying Chi town style. It's completely different.
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:

Yeah, like how pizza is made everywhere else. I get all that. I'm just saying there's a point for saying Chi town style. It's completely different.
    No, everybody has tried to copy the New York style that is why it is more recognizable. But once you travel out of the Tri-state area you tend to just get bad imitation stuff and it never compares. Chicago style is obviosly different but that also has been copied all over the country. Anywhere they cook deep dish in a pan is similar to Chicago style. Like Pizza Hut.
  • Options
    There's plenty of good pizza outside of New York.
  • Options
    Hey 'Juggler' can you change your name back to Jeagler? This new moniker sucks man, I don't like it. Please, for me buddy?

And yeah, the guy's a tool. I'd like to catch that guy and wait for him to say that stupid catchphrase, "Better Ingredients, Better Pizza, Papa John's" and give him a swift kick in the gonads.
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    eddiec wrote:

No, everybody has tried to copy the New York style that is why it is more recognizable. But once you travel out of the Tri-state area you tend to just get bad imitation stuff and it never compares. Chicago style is obviosly different but that also has been copied all over the country. Anywhere they cook deep dish in a pan is similar to Chicago style. Like Pizza Hut.
    To compare pizza hut to true chicago pizza is a massive slap in the face to chicago pizza
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg