Options

Anyone ever had this reaction regarding PJ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Hebejebe wrote:
    I think you'll find that a great number of people find Ed's voice an acquired taste.
    yeah definitely, i always get that from people i talk to, it seems to be the main obstacle for many. different strokes for different folks
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    Unfortunately my husband couldn’t stand Ed’s voice, which has been a problem over the years… Since I’ve exposed him a lot to Pearl Jam, he has sort of become used to Vedder’s voice (but still isn't too fond of it).

This summer we went to see them in Copenhagen (fantastic show). He thought that the band was great and about Vedder he said: “He is very, very skilled”.

I recently found my husband watching IIC all by himself, so I guess there is some sort of hope...
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    Ed's voice to me is quite amazing, it holds so many tracks together as does the tightness of the band overall. That I guess is what makes them so good, take any of them away and it just wouldn't be the same.

Btw, great debate on this thread. Pleased its had some good attention and interesting comments.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    I know people who don't like PJ because of EV voice. In their opinion ED sings like he has stomach ache or like old woman in a church. Sometimes (sorry, Ed) evev for me he sounds like that. But anyway - i love this unique voice. Other people just can't stand the music - it's a chaotic rasp! They just don't understand it
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    jessejesse Posts: 170
    ed's vocals are amazing but i know some people have gotten sick of his style due to all the imitators, maybe thats why some people who are new to the band may dislike his voice. many people who ive introduced then band to tell me they sound like creed.. and im not joking
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    jesse wrote:
    ed's vocals are amazing but i know some people have gotten sick of his style due to all the imitators, maybe thats why some people who are new to the band may dislike his voice. many people who ive introduced then band to tell me they sound like creed.. and im not joking

Thats a very good point but never considered it myself, it could be very true.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"