Options

Yamaha clavinova question

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
edited January 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
I don't play one but someone I know very well does. She's got a Yamaha CLP-511 and she wants to add more instrumentation. Not knowing about that side of things, I thought perhaps a USB MIDI interface and a laptop with a VST host/ load of good plugins might do the job. But I might well be talking out of my arse. I'm a guitarist, not a keyboard player. Is there anything in the hardware/software/combo department she can use to expand her sonic armoury? I've googled and looked at the Yamaha FAQs, but I thought someone who has played one of these fuckers might know more.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I've played one, taken it on tour and destroyed it in the process. Never tried to update the library though. Sorry.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd be disinclined to go with updating anything internal here like drivers or whatever, as things might fuck up and then I will get murdered. Something you can plug in is safest. We're dealing with a passionate artist. :lol:
  • Options
    Well, it has a midi out. So if you're willing to spend a few bucks go on ebay and look for a soundmodule. That way you don't have to mess with anything internal. Usually though, (official) patches work just fine.
  • Options
    That's great. Thanks. I'll pass this on.
  • Options
    Glad I could help.