Options

Pearl Jam dreams

Comments

• Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    U_it'sUUU wrote:
    this has got to be one of the most enjoyable threads to read! makes me feel I'm not the only one psycho here. People see dreams or nightmares about Pearl Jam regardless sex, age and status (married-single...) etc...At first I thought it would be just women seeing the band members in intimate scenes but these are like ordinary snapshots of a typical pj concert...
    And the weird thing is that every once in a while that I visit it, I end up seeing alike dreams. Makes this 6-8 h. sleep session the best part of the day...
    The other day I saw Stone. I was in a room with many people, Stone among them but I only knew 1 or 2 and of course Stone but he didn't know me, just my friend. I was waiting for someone who would come but it was too late to wait and I wanted to rest my head a bit. I actually remember that even in my dream I had to take the courage first and ask Stone if I could sit next to him. He replied "yes, you may" and smiled. I woke up and talked to myself, like beforehand mentioned, too, "oh stone..."
    (#psycho maybe, yes!)

Hehe, never thought I would post here but I also had a vivid one. I wish it were Stone like yours, since he's my favorite but I saw Eddie. At a young age of his. We met at the sea, while swimming, which is understable given that he likes it there.
    I dont remember the details but remember that he was very friendly but I remember that, even in my dream, still had this pressure that, OK, I have to be really cool and high-energy to keep this conversation going. Hahahah.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Last night, I dreamed of Mike throwing out picks and me with my brothers collecting them from the floor at the end of a PJ concert (I was trying to pick up as many as possible, while many others were doing the same). :) And I also saw Ed asking me smiling something along the lines of "How much"? (we were in a seminar room, I was sitting behind a computer and he was in front of me acting like the facilitator of the seminar). I looked down at something that was resembling a menu with a receipt attached on it and said 88 Euros. He looked at me still smiling and said: "Good. It's OK". ;) :P
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap wrote:
    Last night, I dreamed of Mike throwing out picks and me with my brothers collecting them from the floor at the end of a PJ concert (I was trying to pick up as many as possible, while many others were doing the same). :) And I also saw Ed asking me smiling something along the lines of "How much"? (we were in a seminar room, I was sitting behind a computer and he was in front of me acting like the facilitator of the seminar). I looked down at something that was resembling a menu with a receipt attached on it and said 88 Euros. He looked at me still smiling and said: "Good. It's OK". ;) :P
    ha ha!!!sleep a bit more so we can have more of your dreams ;-) i haven't dreamt about them any more...
  • Options
    U_it'sUUU wrote:
    Pap wrote:
    ha ha!!!sleep a bit more so we can have more of your dreams ;-) i haven't dreamt about them any more...

Hey U! :wave:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    I had such a strange dream last night!

I dreamt that Stone and his wife were my neighbours and in my dream, Stone was known in my area for being a romantic husband, so everybody called him "Stoneo" (pronounced "Stone-e-o", instead of Romeo).In my dream, Stone had an aggressive guard dog protecting his garden, and it jumped the fence when I walked by and it snapped at my dogs.

I have such wacky dreams...I wonder how on earth my mind came up with that one!
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    edited September 2014
    Post edited by electronblue on
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Three days ago, I saw a strange dream. They were playing in a small amphitheater (no more than 50 people capacity) and I was replacing Mike. Who had imagined that? I've always dreamt about being the drummer of this band. See, I don't like guitars as much as I like drums. Even though, I don't know how to play them. Anyway, long story short, I was rocking the stage with Jeff (but not at Mike's spot, just behind Ed) and Matt! Yeah, Matt was playing guitar too. It reminded me of that Live at the Garden special feature scene. I couldn't see who was playing the drums and once I moved towards Stone's side I couldn't see him either. During the encore, we had a discussion with Ed and Jeff about what we were going to play next and suddenly Jeff leaned next to me with a big smile on his face and told me: "Choose a path for your PhD". First, I was like /:) and then :-O and :D . Finally, we decided to play a rarity called Last Day. It turned out to be Last Soldier. During the song, I walked towards Stone (remember I couldn't see him) and I saw someone backstage preparing for the next song. He was more like a hybrid of Krist Novoselic and Pete Townshend. In my dream, he was supposed to be Pete though. As he was coming out on stage, I asked him what he were going to sing and he told me: "That's your guess". I was surprised and anxious about not knowing what we were going to play next. You know, I care about our audience. :)) Last thing I saw, it was him going to sit on the drum kit. :-?
  • Options
    LosientoLosiento Posts: 282
    The girlfriend had a dream about him the other night. Quite frankly made me jealous. I guess that's why I am here. She is the Pearl Jammer not me. So I figure I would check this place out. I did meet her in Seattle on a road trip.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    edited January 2014
    I guess this is really nerdy, but I had a dream a few days ago that there was a 10C member's clubhouse for us to use. Like a fan headquarters - no 10C staff involved. There was a secret combination to the door (and for some reason the door was like a doggy door that we had to squeeze through), and there was a drop box like the Salvation Army ones out front where members put their spare Pearl Jam merch for other members to browse through and take. Inside it was just a big rambling party house filled with comfy chairs and sofas, and a sweet stereo system next to every single piece of vinyl and every single CD boot ever produced by the band, and the system was hooked up to speakers in every room of the house. :P :-B
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Last night, I dreamt of Mike (celebrant) and Stone. Me and Stone were sitting on two black leather barcaloungers and Mike was sitting alone between us on a big leather sofa. He was rolling cigarettes and laughing like this: image the whole time, while all me and Stone were doing was taking 15-minute naps then suddenly waking up all bleary and red (probably from some kind of heat). At some point, Stone went to sit next to Mike and then we had a short conversation. I asked them about the process behind songwriting. My exact question was: Do you guys ever tell yourselves, I'm going to have finished a song by the end of the day? Of course, they both laughed (Mike looked at me right between the eyes wearing his signature smile (see the picture above)) and Stone proceeded elaborating more on their laughter. He said that when he has a conversation with friends, he sometimes stops for a moment and listens carefully to what the others have to say. If an interesting word comes up (I remember he used the word "sea" as an example), he writes it down. That's how he slowly develops the ideas on his mind. I never got to hear Mike's view...
    Post edited by Pap on
  • Options
    Last night I dreamt of Stone. I was transferred back on an early nineties PJ stage, from where I was watching Stone singing solo (in a voice resembled that of Vedder and Gossard combined together) an exceptionally beautiful song. It isn't a known song, but it sounded like Acoustic #1. He was sporting the usual beige shorts that he was wearing at the start of the nineties. He was half naked and all I could see was his bare stomach going back and forth as he was singing.
  • Options
    gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    I have at least 10 Pearl Jam dreams a year that very from being at the show in the crowd, being on stage, hanging out at some various place with them, to members of the band just being in a dream that isn't focused on Pearl Jam.

I have never noticed a correlation with something in real life (such as listening to them a lot, or upcoming shows); they seem random.
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    This morning, I saw Mike sitting on the drum kit for SOLAT and then Matt on acoustic guitar singing Thumbing My Way accompanied only by Jeff on a big uke bass. Matt sounded like Bruce Springsteen, while we all know that his voice resembles more to that of Josh Homme.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    I didn't even know this thread existed. The other night I had a dream I was at the October Milwaukee concert (it's going to be a great show, by the way!) and Ed walked through the audience letting people touch the old corduroy jacket. At the end of the dream show, I remember thinking "that was awesome, but too bad they didn't play RVM" - I hope that part isn't accurate.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    I had a dream last night Ed opened Cincinnati with a solo acoustic set. Also in the dream I got the last poster and the guy at the merch booth damaged it before i could grab it.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Last night I saw Jeff and Stone playing with another singer (couldn't recognize him) on the beach of a Greek island. It was a summer night. Next morning, me and Jeff were walking around Acropolis and were discussing potential venues for Pearl Jam in Greece. At the end of the dream, Stone and Jeff were visiting me in my old house and were inspecting my CD collection making comments about album covers.
  • Options
    Two nights ago, I saw a 50yo Matt discussing with me a new song that he just finished. Its title had the words "Take Into" in it. He was so proud that he couldn't stop laughing. Immediately after that moment, I saw a 25yo Eddie tapping my back and smiling to me so merrily that it gave me a smile on my face while I was sleeping. I don't know why he was laughing but overall that was a really good sleep. :smiley:
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Had a dream about the 93' Mercer poster (the really long one, almost panoramic). I was trying to photocopy it for a friend and then all the guys showed up and told me there was a copier in Seattle that could do it. End of dream. Weird.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Last night, I dreamt that I was singing Parachutes in my sleep. :whistle::smiley:
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    PJ_Soul said:

I guess this is really nerdy, but I had a dream a few days ago that there was a 10C member's clubhouse for us to use. Like a fan headquarters - no 10C staff involved. There was a secret combination to the door (and for some reason the door was like a doggy door that we had to squeeze through), and there was a drop box like the Salvation Army ones out front where members put their spare Pearl Jam merch for other members to browse through and take. Inside it was just a big rambling party house filled with comfy chairs and sofas, and a sweet stereo system next to every single piece of vinyl and every single CD boot ever produced by the band, and the system was hooked up to speakers in every room of the house. :P :-B

That would be soooooo awesome!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    There was a whole bunch of us from the boards at a baseball game. It was was suppose to be Wrigley Field and the Cubs but looked like a newer stadium. I was getting something to eat or drink and it was around the 7th inning. After I did what i had to do I made it to the outfield and somehow was standing right next to Eddie. He started singing the Take me out to the "ballgame". And i was singing with him. He was very drunk and forgot the beginning verse so I helped him out. After we got done singing i said thanks. And like an idiot I was thinking to myself I should have taken a video or selfie with him. Got back to where everyone was seated and told you guys what happened.

There was more to the dream than this but that was the PJ part.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Dreamt the guys were playing Global Citizen. They only announced the line-up and dates/times. They were playing 3 different dates (I guess Global Citizen was more than a day in my dream. Anywho they were playing from 7-10, 3 hours, each day. Only other band I remember that was suppose to play was The Kills.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    had I dream that I was at a foo fighters concert in current time and they brought out Eddie Vedder from 1995 to play Do The Evolution. Odd? Yes. Does it count? Maybe. Does it make sense? No.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    The other day I had a dream that pj played msg, the new msg(those who have been there know what I'm talking about). I was sitting in the 300's like normally. This dream happend the very day pj posted that subway special announcement picture.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Last night I dreamt that they announced 3 gigs: 1) Seattle Convention Centre (thumbnail picture next to the "buy tickets" button -> image) , 2) Italy Convention Centre (thumbnail picture -> image and 3) Greece Convention Centre (thumbnail picture -> image). :lol:
  • Options
    I was at the beach sitting on this thing that was wildly rocking back and forth while people were fishing. I was talking to someone I know, next hing I know I see Eddie Vedder next to me playing the ukulele. The thing i was sitting on kinda went in the ocean and back like a rocking chair. It went out like that cause of the waves. Anywho while he was playing his uke the "chair" i was sitting on went out again and I thought it would be cool to get the best selfie so i turned on my phone and took some pics of me on this swinging thing with Eddie playing his uke and also splashing me a few time with water. Pics turned out ok except I was making a funny face (not on purpose). Than a young Shia Lebeouf (like from his "Even Stevens" days came out and asked him to play Thin Air at a certain time. There was more to the dream but that was the Pearl Jam part.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    i've never had a dream about pearl jam
  • Options
    Last night, I dreamt that I was laying in a van with Jeff and Mike. While I was talking nonsense and having a fun time with Mike, suddenly the conversation revolved around Pendulum (I vividly remember the picture of Mike playing guitar with a bow). Then, I started telling Jeff that Skerik or Jason Leung would have been a better guitarist than Mike, and Mike could have been a great PJ violinist. Jeff was just looking at me laughing while Mike started to feel a liitle bit intimidated. :smiley:
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Okay, this isn't precisely a Pearl Jam dream but last night I dreamed I was in Vancouver and somehow I ended up visiting PJ_Soul at her apartment. We had a great time hanging out, and PJ_Soul, your dream apartment is really nice. :smile:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Okay, this isn't precisely a Pearl Jam dream but last night I dreamed I was in Vancouver and somehow I ended up visiting PJ_Soul at her apartment. We had a great time hanging out, and PJ_Soul, your dream apartment is really nice. :smile:

i think there's a dream about board members in the AET thread.

yes there is http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/128428
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD