Options

Free Pearl Jam postcard 'contest'

Comments

• Options
    Is there a song that PJ covered that you haven't heard, but want to hear or was is your favorite PJ cover?!?

(Was VERY happy when they came out dressed up as DEVO and sang 'Whip It")

:mrgreen:
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Got mine today :D

DSC_90631.jpg

DSC_90641.jpg

em jot wrote:
    I would like to see your favourite song lyrics,but not just the quote,the actual song lyrics,if it's not a big problem :)

Thanks very much Ellen! That was fun! :D
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    em jot wrote:

DSC_90631.jpg

DSC_90641.jpg

em jot wrote:
    I would like to see your favourite song lyrics,but not just the quote,the actual song lyrics,if it's not a big problem :)

wow what an amazing card. and the answer was amazing too.
    I love I'm Open. So many times when i've been very miserable, the song has helped me.
    The last line "Dream up a new self, for himself" is one of my favourite lyrics of all time
  • Options
    em jot wrote:

Yeah, that was a tough one to fit on one card! :D
    wow what an amazing card. and the answer was amazing too.
    I love I'm Open. So many times when i've been very miserable, the song has helped me.
    The last line "Dream up a new self, for himself" is one of my favourite lyrics of all time
    My favourite bit is:
    "when he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him, by nine he deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact ... no tradebacks. So this is what it's like to be an adult ... if he only knew now, what he knew then ..."

Brilliant!!!!
    "Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change"
    (Arnhem 2006 - Antwerpen 2006 - Verona 2006 - Düsseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam II 2012 - Berlin 2012 - EV Amsterdam I 2012)
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I got mail today :D Thank you, Ellen, what a wonderful surprise! My question was: What was the PJ song that got you hooked on the band?

pj_postcard_front.jpg

pj_postcard_back.jpg
  • Options
    9 down ... 16 on their way ... and about twelve more to write/post ... :)
    (Arnhem 2006 - Antwerpen 2006 - Verona 2006 - Düsseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam II 2012 - Berlin 2012 - EV Amsterdam I 2012)
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Wow, good on you! Doing an awesome job! :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:
    I got mail today :D Thank you, Ellen, what a wonderful surprise! My question was: What was the PJ song that got you hooked on the band?

pj_postcard_front.jpg

pj_postcard_back.jpg

another very cool card
    and I'm not surprised about the answer. There are no words that could describe how amazing Black is :)
    Loulou wrote:
    Wow, good on you! Doing an awesome job! :D

+1 :clap:
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    Got mine over the weekend. Thanks so much Ellen!!! It looks great on my refrigerator. Definetely a topic piece when people come over.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    PJPOst.jpg
    PJPOst1-2.jpg

Sorry, having problems with my scanner but got this yesterday!!! Thanks so much Ellen!!!

My Question was:
    Has anyone on here suspected they had a response from the actual band.

Answer:

Hey Loulou,
    Not that I know of.....
    I doubt they would. I can imagine they might read some of it... I know I would :)
    All the best for 2011

And there was this little message on the side:
    "It's Evolution Baby"
    (Coming from the speakers as I write this)
    Thanks so much was awesome to recieve it and my hubby was excited too!! :lol::lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Black PearlBlack Pearl Posts: 116
    edited January 2011
    My pleasure! I enjoyed writing them ... and it's exciting to see them pop up here. Thanks!

I need to get the last batch out ... sorry to those who have to wait this long. This is turned into a little bigger project than I anticipated. Then again, it's also way more fun than expected! :)
    Post edited by Black Pearl on
  • Options
    got mine yesterday!!! Thanks Ellen :D
    Since I suck at posting pics here, I received a Vitalogy postcard with a skeleton figure on the front.
    My question was: If you could see our boys play at any venue, where would it be, and who would you choose to open the show?
    Answer: "How about m living room? :D No? OKay then...How about Tivoli, Paradiso or another really remote venue, filled with 10c members only. I already saw them in Verona, that was really special too. I'd go for Kings of Leon to open the show..."
    Thanks again Ellen, made my day! And nice choices by the way :thumbup:
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Since I suck at posting pics here, I received a Vitalogy postcard with a skeleton figure on the front.
    My question was: If you could see our boys play at any venue, where would it be, and who would you choose to open the show?
    Answer: "How about m living room? :D No? OKay then...How about Tivoli, Paradiso or another really remote venue, filled with 10c members only. I already saw them in Verona, that was really special too. I'd go for Kings of Leon to open the show..."

Damn, would love to see that. I don't think I've ever seen it before.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I got my post card on Saturday...my scanner is being picky so....

question: which band member was the first to cut off all their hair?
    Answer: there was more than one?

:lol:

that was really fun Ellen...thanks so much!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Got mine a couple of days ago, thank you so much Ellen, it is awesome!!!! My question was: What is your favorite Pearl Jam album artwork? speaking of which....... :D

5341484900_f4bfa2d99a.jpg
    100_5763 by ricoborrego, on Flickr

5341484786_2264a8906a.jpg
    100_5764 by ricoborrego, on Flickr
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Answer: "How about m living room? :D No? OKay then...How about Tivoli, Paradiso or another really small* venue, filled with 10c members only. I already saw them in Verona, that was really special too. I'd go for Kings of Leon to open the show..."
    Thanks! And I was thinking just now, wouldn't the Tivoli be the ideal location for their 20 year celebration in Europe? :P Ed obviously has some fond memories of the place. :)

3216632932_d93f659e4f.jpg
    116484208_0e21b38134.jpg?v=0
    *small correction
  • Options
    oops! thanks again :D
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    Five more went out this morning ...
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Got mine a couple of days ago, thank you so much Ellen, it is awesome!!!! My question was: What is your favorite Pearl Jam album artwork? speaking of which....... :D

5341484900_f4bfa2d99a.jpg
    100_5763 by ricoborrego, on Flickr

5341484786_2264a8906a.jpg
    100_5764 by ricoborrego, on Flickr

love it

again very nice of you Black Pearl
    I love reading the questions and answers
  • Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 673
    Got mine today along with my LOTL package was totally surprised. That was total awesome, thank you soooo much!!! :D
    Paul D.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738
    Got thy sweet postcard today. Thank you Ellen! :) My question was: What's your favorite official Pearl Jam Bootleg CD release? And what is your favorite unofficial Pearl Jam Bootleg CD release?

postcardEleen2.jpg

postcardEleen1.jpg

:D
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    demetrios wrote:
    Got thy sweet postcard today. Thank you Ellen! :) My question was: What's your favorite official Pearl Jam Bootleg CD release? And what is your favorite unofficial Pearl Jam Bootleg CD release?

postcardEleen2.jpg

postcardEleen1.jpg

Wow - cool post card :thumbup:
  • Options
    Got mine in the main last weekend, thank you!!! It was a very pleasant surprise and put a smile on my face! :D
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

postcardEleen2.jpg

postcardEleen1.jpg

Wow - cool post card :thumbup:
    Yeah, that was probably my favourite of the whole bunch.:)
    Thanks for posting the pics ... that in turn puts a smile on my face! :)
    I really need to get those last ones out. I should be able to get a new batch out this weekend!
  • Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 1,062
    Wow, this is becoming more and more exciting, day by day and obviously, I can't wait to receive mine!

I was just amazed to see all the cards received so far and wonder how did you collect them all??
    I've never seen any of them around and they all look SO good!

Congratulations on your great idea and patience! :)
  • Options
    Black PearlBlack Pearl Posts: 116
    edited January 2011
    Owl wrote:
    Wow, this is becoming more and more exciting, day by day and obviously, I can't wait to receive mine!

I was just amazed to see all the cards received so far and wonder how did you collect them all??
    I've never seen any of them around and they all look SO good!

Congratulations on your great idea and patience! :)
    As it happens ... I just sent yours out this morning. ;)

I'm trying to find as many I can. So far I have found 23 different ones, most of which I found on ebay ... so if anyone has any others, they're more than welcome. I have the details for a shop in the Netherlands that sells most of the ones I have, but I wanted to wait until everyone has received their cards to post it, otherwise the surprise is gone ... but if you can't wait, send me a pm. :)
    Post edited by Black Pearl on
  • Options
    Can't wait for mine!!!

**fingers crossed**
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 1,062
    As it happens ... I just sent yours out this morning. ;)

I'm trying to find as many I can. So far I have found 23 different ones, most of which I found on ebay ... so if anyone has any others, they're more than welcome. I have the details for a shop in the Netherlands that sells most of the ones I have, but I wanted to wait until everyone has received their cards to post it, otherwise the surprise is gone ... but if you can't wait, send me a pm. :)

YAAAY! (/me bouncing up and down)
    I do love the surprise, so I'll be patient :crazy: :lol:
    Thank you and have a great weekend! :wave:
  • Options
    Ellen,
    I got my post card here in New Jersey USA. :D Thank you for answering my question and the SWEET Jeff Ament post card. I wish I was good enough to post a picture of it. :roll:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    200120111001.jpg

200120111002.jpg

THANKS ELLEN...BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”