Fakkin' 'ell

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
edited November 2010 in A Moving Train
http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2010 ... ack-school

“One girl was blabbering as if in a strange language. I could not understand what she was saying. “It was sounding like ‘shebbaberbebeb shhhhee.’"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Wow.... don't underestimate the devil or anyone who says they can put a spell on you!

Or is this going to be another case of 'mass hysteria'. After all, it's all young girls....
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    We need Animus here. It's all in the synapses.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    it IS all in the synapses.

reminds me of a story i once heard of a batch of bad (well, Lysergide; d-lysergic acid diethylamide), well lets just say rather unpleasant experience i once heard about from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend...actually, i do hear that much of it was really rather pleasant, but then things went downhill rapidly. or so the story goes.

what might explain some of the mass hysteria, and the described hyperreflexia, as well as the hi-jinx, even the speaking in tongues (as in a highly suggestible state)...is ergot, a rye mold, when ingested or inhaled via spores over a period of time,one of the majorly accepted explanations for the strange goings on in Salem in the 1600s...crazy moldy kids. right? Ergot contains ergotamine,and some amounts of lysergic acid..Human poisoning w rye bread made from ergot-infected grain was common in Europe in the Middle Ages and still not so uncommon in less than developed areas where grain storage is less than optimal.

Ergotism can be similar to a "trip" (acid trip) which I will attempt to describe here, all gathered from stories I've been told and definitely not from any 70s experiences i might have had myself...definitely not...anyway..the trip, it varies greatly from person to person, depending on previous experiences, state of mind and environment, as well as dose, and from one trip to another, and even as time passes during a single trip. effects may include an experience of radiant colors, objects and surfaces appearing to ripple or "breathe," colored patterns, even with eyes closed :) , altered sense of time (time seems to be stretching, repeating itself, changing speed or stopping), crawling geometric patterns, morphing objects, a sense that thoughts are spiraling into themselves, loss of a sense of identity, a dissolution between self and the outside world, disintegration or restructuring of historical personality, allowing for more choice regarding the nature of personality, expansion and altered senses, emotions, memories, time, and awareness, trails or tracers, moving colored geometric patterns, intensification of colors and sparkling, new textures on objects, blurred vision, and shape suggestibility. The inanimate world appears to animate in an unexplainable way; for instance, objects can seem to be moving relative to one or more additional spatial dimensions. auditory effects may include echo-like distortions of sounds, inability to discern concurrent auditory stimuli, and intensification of the experience of music, intense experiences of additional spatial or temporal dimensions, and temporary dissociation.

If the user is in a hostile or otherwise unsettling environment, or is not mentally prepared for the powerful distortions in perception and thought that the drug causes, effects are more likely to be unpleasant than if in a comfortable environment and has a relaxed, balanced and open mindset.

HEY and this one sound fun: A fugue state, a rare psychiatric disorder characterized by reversible amnesia for personal identity, including the memories, personality and other identifying characteristics of individuality. usually short-lived (hours to days), but can last months or longer. Dissociative fugue usually involves unplanned travel or wandering, and is sometimes accompanied by the establishment of a new identity. After recovery from fugue, previous memories usually return intact, but there is complete amnesia for the fugue episode.In such a state, the user has an impulse to wander, and may not be aware of his or her actions. (hmmmm..that fugue state thing sort of describes the life i've been living for decades now lol! :lol: :roll: :wtf: :think: :mrgreen::sick: )

so you see, its not all that unusual to think that your whole town has gone crazy or been possessed by demons. it happened every day in the 70s :lol:8-)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:

reminds me of a story i once heard of a batch of bad (well, Lysergide; d-lysergic acid diethylamide), well lets just say rather unpleasant experience i once heard about from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend...actually, i do hear that much of it was really rather pleasant, but then things went downhill rapidly. or so the story goes.

what might explain some of the mass hysteria, and the described hyperreflexia, as well as the hi-jinx, even the speaking in tongues (as in a highly suggestible state)...is ergot, a rye mold, when ingested or inhaled via spores over a period of time,one of the majorly accepted explanations for the strange goings on in Salem in the 1600s...crazy moldy kids. right? Ergot contains ergotamine,and some amounts of lysergic acid..Human poisoning w rye bread made from ergot-infected grain was common in Europe in the Middle Ages and still not so uncommon in less than developed areas where grain storage is less than optimal.

Ergotism can be similar to a "trip" (acid trip) which I will attempt to describe here, all gathered from stories I've been told and definitely not from any 70s experiences i might have had myself...definitely not...anyway..the trip, it varies greatly from person to person, depending on previous experiences, state of mind and environment, as well as dose, and from one trip to another, and even as time passes during a single trip. effects may include an experience of radiant colors, objects and surfaces appearing to ripple or "breathe," colored patterns, even with eyes closed :) , altered sense of time (time seems to be stretching, repeating itself, changing speed or stopping), crawling geometric patterns, morphing objects, a sense that thoughts are spiraling into themselves, loss of a sense of identity, a dissolution between self and the outside world, disintegration or restructuring of historical personality, allowing for more choice regarding the nature of personality, expansion and altered senses, emotions, memories, time, and awareness, trails or tracers, moving colored geometric patterns, intensification of colors and sparkling, new textures on objects, blurred vision, and shape suggestibility. The inanimate world appears to animate in an unexplainable way; for instance, objects can seem to be moving relative to one or more additional spatial dimensions. auditory effects may include echo-like distortions of sounds, inability to discern concurrent auditory stimuli, and intensification of the experience of music, intense experiences of additional spatial or temporal dimensions, and temporary dissociation.

If the user is in a hostile or otherwise unsettling environment, or is not mentally prepared for the powerful distortions in perception and thought that the drug causes, effects are more likely to be unpleasant than if in a comfortable environment and has a relaxed, balanced and open mindset.

HEY and this one sound fun: A fugue state, a rare psychiatric disorder characterized by reversible amnesia for personal identity, including the memories, personality and other identifying characteristics of individuality. usually short-lived (hours to days), but can last months or longer. Dissociative fugue usually involves unplanned travel or wandering, and is sometimes accompanied by the establishment of a new identity. After recovery from fugue, previous memories usually return intact, but there is complete amnesia for the fugue episode.In such a state, the user has an impulse to wander, and may not be aware of his or her actions. (hmmmm..that fugue state thing sort of describes the life i've been living for decades now lol! :lol: :roll: :wtf: :think: :mrgreen::sick: )

so you see, its not all that unusual to think that your whole town has gone crazy or been possessed by demons. it happened every day in the 70s :lol:8-)

This post gave me a flashback. jumping-smiley-006.gif
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    StillHere wrote:

This post gave me a flashback. jumping-smiley-006.gif

ahhhhh...you're very welcome for that 8-)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2010/11/11/panic-after-devil-attack-school

“One girl was blabbering as if in a strange language. I could not understand what she was saying. “It was sounding like ‘shebbaberbebeb shhhhee.’"

What prompted you to read the Trinidad and Tobago news Fins?
    I was googling Trinidad and this came up!