Options

Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Get_Right wrote:
    Great race.
    I thought team orders are allowed this year.

Anyway, too much $$$ at stake to risk a collision.
    Team orders are indeed allowed this year ;)
    People still don't like them, especially the drivers!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Rygar wrote:
    Drivers need to get over it. Millions at stake.
    You wanna race hardcore? Go back to Karting. :lol:

Otherwise, take your millions, your supermodels and shut up.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Drivers need to get over it. Millions at stake.
    You wanna race hardcore? Go back to Karting. :lol:

Otherwise, take your millions, your supermodels and shut up.
    haha!
    He shouldn't have ignored them (especially with contract negotiations on the go!).
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Germany :ugeek: Can't wait!
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Idris wrote:

On a side note... I like your name... the name of a footballer here who plays for my favourite side (until next year he is moving on)

I introduce jamal Idris

jamal_idris-420x0.jpg
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Great race...Hamilton, Alonso and Webber racing 3 in a line! Don't see that too often. Can't believe Ferrari let Vettel get ahead in that last lap. Shaping up for a great second half to the season. Vettel isn't safe after these 2 races.
  • Options
    Agreed-great race. Some Amazing pit stops at the end of the race.
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    Vettel isn't safe after these 2 races.
    He'd have to break his leg or something to not win the DC this year at this point, imo. It's done.

That said, with Ferrari's improved form and Hambone making the McLaren look like it's competitive yesterday, it should be an interesting second half.

I recently canceled my cable so I've been downloading the events after the fact, and this is the first time I've gotten the BBC coverage of all 3 practices, so that was neat.
  • Options
    Congrats to Button on his 200th race and winning it! Unreal, he just loves slick tracks.
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Idris wrote:

On a side note... I like your name... the name of a footballer here who plays for my favourite side (until next year he is moving on)

I introduce jamal Idris

jamal_idris-420x0.jpg

Thanks dude, I like the feel of the name, 'Idris'...flows no? :D

Is that Union or league? Back in the 90's I loved watching rugby, day's of Jonah Lomu. Guy was a beast of a player,
    --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBUr6sDYcms (Vettel on Top Gear)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWU-2355CCw (I want one)
  • Options
    http://en.espnf1.com/

F1 is back from the break!

:D
  • Options
    Damn Vettel did it again in Qual. Can't believe Maldonado losin' the head with Hamilton. From my viewpoint Maldonado definitely came at him but Lewis didn't back away maybe even turned in a bit as well. We'll have to wait and see what the penalty is, obviously Lewis will be cleared, wonder what they'll do with Maldonado. Coulthard wants him to sit out the GP.
  • Options
    Love Spa. Such a great race to watch.

Driver of the day? Hands down Schumacher. 24th and last on the grid to finish in 5th. Wow.
  • Options
    Missed spa due to the hurricane!!! :x :x
  • Options
    Race weekend!! Vettel could also pick up the championships if he wins and alonso places below 4th?

anyway...so some drivers are going after schumacher for his defensive driving against hamilton...I say it was some great driving.. :D
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    Race weekend!! Vettel could also pick up the championships if he wins and alonso places below 4th?

anyway...so some drivers are going after schumacher for his defensive driving against hamilton...I say it was some great driving.. :D

I missed last race due to PJ related Canadian things. Ready for the weekend. Forecast looks terrible.

What was the Schumacher criticism?
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    Idris wrote:

I missed last race due to PJ related Canadian things. Ready for the weekend. Forecast looks terrible.

What was the Schumacher criticism?

Was a nice battle they had on track, F1 should not get too soft. I miss the Senna day's :( I think it's great to see MS on the limit, racing, fighting.

http://formulaone.blogs.nytimes.com/201 ... onsidered/

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15092011/ ... acher.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttBD0BSv3_A
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Options
    norm wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU8pRsKi ... ata_player

His interview after... :D
    ----

So vettel on pole again..lmao, one step closer to the title,
  • Options
    norm wrote:

I couldn't sit down on the couch during this, don't think I ever laughed so hard during a GP!!! :lol:

Oh well, I can't laugh much lately, being a Ferarri fan... Once again, behind the red bulls and McLarens... We'll see how it goes tomorrow... :roll:
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • Options
    norm wrote:

I couldn't sit down on the couch during this, don't think I ever laughed so hard during a GP!!! :lol:

Oh well, I can't laugh much lately, being a Ferarri fan... Once again, behind the red bulls and McLarens... We'll see how it goes tomorrow... :roll:

Ferrari has promised something vey special and radical regarding its car for next year! lets see what they dream up, im sure it will be sweeeet..i mean its Ferrari!!
  • Options
    Yes, I know... And I sure hope they keep their promise :D They will! As you say... It's Ferrari!!! ;)
  • Options
    Tough year!

scuderia-ferrari-logo.jpg
  • Options
    :( Almost over and AGAIN no good news for Ferrari... Oh well... Next year...
  • Options
    :( Almost over and AGAIN no good news for Ferrari... Oh well... Next year...

http://en.espnf1.com/singapore/motorspo ... 59878.html

:D
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Why don't they all just race in the same then surely it's all about who has the most skill.
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    Why don't they all just race in the same then surely it's all about who has the most skill.

Well its also about teams etc, not just the drivers. But i know what you mean, karting is like that, A1 gp, some other race series.

I like how its about different designs, etc
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Idris wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Well its also about teams etc, not just the drivers. But i know what you mean, karting is like that, A1 gp, some other race series.

All F1 cars look the same! Bar the sponsorship.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEUVZXR1 ... ata_player

Post race...massa is not too happy with lewis.
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    Idris wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

All F1 cars look the same! Bar the sponsorship.

Sure the general shape will be the same, its the unique aero designs etc that make the difference,

I was not speaking strictly aesthetics, rather the implementation of the set of rules each team gets to interperet for the coming season.