Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Get_Right wrote:
    ugh
    same ole story

I am not a Ferrari fan but yay massa! I like that dude.

Yeah man me too, he seems like a nice guy. He also handles himself well when things are not going his way and the comeback from that head injury was inspiring.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Get_Right wrote:
    Idris wrote:
    Today in practice, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STfsIE6tIao

What did we say?? Yeah, he was done in by a Banana peel. :ugeek:
    I am supposed to be in Montreal today! :evil: :twisted:

damn job

its only practice

rygar where you at boy?
    I'm crying watching the event on TV :( :(
    It is supposed to rain today so maybe we picked a good year to skip going to Montreal lol

I hope one of my boys in red can beat Vettel! Hopefully Alonso has another great start.
    Great to see Felipe driving competitively, he started out this year showing some promise but the last few races haven't been very good for him, or by him...
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    rain :shock: :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    rain :shock: :mrgreen:
    On the one hand it makes me kinda glad I stayed home this year.
    On the other hand, it makes for yet another shitty race.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    A little rain is good, this rain is bad. Red flag. Gonna be a long afternoon.
    Just a little wet, :ugeek: let's race! :lol:
    Wouldn't be surprised if Schumacher pulls out a podium in these conditions.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    i hope Canada has better weather at September tour.. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    eddiec wrote:
    Wouldn't be surprised if Schumacher pulls out a podium in these conditions.

up to second!
    wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    wow is right! what a finish...congrats to button...would have been cool to see schui on the podium
    norm wrote:
    wow is right! what a finish...congrats to button...would have been cool to see schui on the podium
    yeah,sumi would be great to be on the podium!!!!button is a fighter!!!!
    norm wrote:

Now that's F1!

Watching Schumacher setting fast laps and picking off cars was dramatically nostalgic :lol:

Look at this race from any angle, it was pretty impressive. I would complain about the way it started (with a safety car? pleeeeeease!) but at the end it was the way it was and it worked out in the most classic of ways.

That's harmony, everything fit in so well. Last corner wins?!! Love it!
    Very exciting finish...yeah, too bad Schumi couldn't hold on- funny, I never liked him when he was so dominant but now I find myself rooting for him. I think it was his last race with Ferrari in Brazil that actually showed me what a great driver he was.
    eddiec wrote:
    Very exciting finish...yeah, too bad Schumi couldn't hold on- funny, I never liked him when he was so dominant but now I find myself rooting for him. I think it was his last race with Ferrari in Brazil that actually showed me what a great driver he was.
    exactly my thoughts about Sumi
    eddiec wrote:

He drove like a 'true' champion in that race, it closed a part of his chapter very sweetly.

(He had some classic overtakes during the race and loved his move on Kimi during the closing laps)
    eddiec wrote:

strange as it sounds, he's become a bit of an underdog, and we all like that kind of a story :lol:

Know what I mean? We also see his human side, an 'old' guy coming back to the sport he once dominated, but coming back to fight in what is perhaps one of the strongest grid of drivers in the history of F1.

:D
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,225
    Idris wrote:
    eddiec wrote:

strange as it sounds, he's become a bit of an underdog, and we all like that kind of a story :lol:

Know what I mean? We also see his human side, an 'old' guy coming back to the sport he once dominated, but coming back to fight in what is perhaps one of the strongest grid of drivers in the history of F1.

:D

Michael is one of the all-time greats, I hope he can secure at least a couple of podiums before he retires for good. It's just a shame we were robbed of the chance to see him and Senna go wheel-to-wheel in competitive cars. Now that would've been fun!

Talking of which, has anyone seen the Senna movie?
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    ilockyer wrote:

Yet to see it! I hear it's pretty good,
    Idris wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

That reminds me, did anyone see George Lucas during the rain delay talkin crap?
    eddiec wrote:
    Idris wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

That reminds me, did anyone see George Lucas during the rain delay talkin crap?

Yeah he was chilling around pit lane, probably loving those cars.. :lol:
    Great race today! Alonso was flying once he got the lead, albeit from a rare Red Bull error. But he never looked back. Boads very well for the rest of the season. Maybe Vettel has a fight on his hands. Very exciting last lap between Vettel/Webber and Hamilton/Massa. We don't see a last lap like that very often.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Webber disobeyed team orders and tried to overtake Vettel... Seems like he is a bit harshly done by with Red Bull... Maybe it is the way the Aussie media reports it, but it always seems like Vettel is their number one and by a long way too... Poor Webber, but then again, that might just be how it is reported here which is very likely...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Webber disobeyed team orders and tried to overtake Vettel... Seems like he is a bit harshly done by with Red Bull... Maybe it is the way the Aussie media reports it, but it always seems like Vettel is their number one and by a long way too... Poor Webber, but then again, that might just be how it is reported here which is very likely...

It seemed to me that Webber was racing Vettel for second and the team orders didn't come in till the end of the last lap. On the broadcast you could hear the Red Bull orders come through and then Webber backed off. Would have liked to see Webber have the chance to overtake in the last lap but I guess from RB's point of view you can understand.
    Vamos Fernando!!!
    Vamos Fernando!!!
    Huzzah!
    alon_690504f.jpg
    eddiec wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

It seemed to me that Webber was racing Vettel for second and the team orders didn't come in till the end of the last lap. On the broadcast you could hear the Red Bull orders come through and then Webber backed off. Would have liked to see Webber have the chance to overtake in the last lap but I guess from RB's point of view you can understand.
    There is a delay between when the radio messages are actually being sent and when they hit the world broadcast. I think he said he had already ignored 4 or 5, so who knows when it was actually sent. I was watching the Speed broadcast (I had already seen the race on TSN) and the commentators were questioning whether he had been given orders 2 or 3 laps before the actual radio transmission came over the broadcast.

I read an interesting opinion on it that said Webbie was right to be pissed, but wrong to ignore the order.

And I can't help but mention that had these team orders been a Red car there would be a huge outrage haha.

Good battle between Hambone and Massa, glad to finally see Felipe drive with an attitude (and a damaged floor!)
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Well correct me if I am wrong (as I am not a big F1 fan) but last year there was anther push for Webber to go easy on Vettel as Vettel had more of a chance of winning the championship then Webber...

I feel sorry for Webber (because he's Aussie of cause), but for a number of years he had a shit car, now he has a goodie, but he just can't seem to get it all into gear...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Well correct me if I am wrong (as I am not a big F1 fan) but last year there was anther push for Webber to go easy on Vettel as Vettel had more of a chance of winning the championship then Webber...

I feel sorry for Webber (because he's Aussie of cause), but for a number of years he had a shit car, now he has a goodie, but he just can't seem to get it all into gear...
    I don't remember that from last year. The only (obvious) team order I recall from last year was Ferrari telling Massa to let Alonso past. There are thinly veiled team orders in most teams, and have been for a long time.

As far as the "Red Bull favours Vettel" outlook, that is pretty much how North American and BBC media seem to portray it.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,441
    Great race.
    I thought team orders are allowed this year.

Anyway, too much $$$ at stake to risk a collision.