Options

Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Rygar wrote:
    Very true, but they asked Pirelli to make 'em that way and that's what they got.
    Best part is the results are near the same as last year even with the multiple pit stops.
    Even with the changes, I dont think we will be seeing HRT up there anytime soon. :lol:
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Get_Right wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Very true, but they asked Pirelli to make 'em that way and that's what they got.
    Best part is the results are near the same as last year even with the multiple pit stops.
    Even with the changes, I dont think we will be seeing HRT up there anytime soon. :lol:
    Ha! Truthfully I'm surprised they qualified.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Race Weekend!
  • Options
    What a race, this could end up being quite a close season between many teams. Mercedes finally looking competitive!
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    What a race indeed!! The best I've seen in a while. I'm glad Red Bull is having trouble with the kurs at the moment or this season could turn into a procession. It good to see michael getting closer to the pointy end of the field.

But just a great race. You usually need rain to get get a race that exciting!
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    I have to say that was a great race. The new tires, KERS and the DRS are making for some exciting racing.
    Pirelli, the great equalizer. I may have to change my position on the tires. Scary to think that RBR is NOT using KERS.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    I have to say that was a great race. The new tires, KERS and the DRS are making for some exciting racing.
    Pirelli, the great equalizer. I may have to change my position on the tires. Scary to think that RBR is NOT using KERS.
    :thumbup:

Exciting race!
  • Options
    I still think the tires degrade just too quickly and perhaps just a bit weak, flat spot on the tires after 1 skid? Kinda lame, Anyway, the team that learns how to manage the Pirelli tires the best, probably will end up winning this season.
  • Options
    MrAbraham wrote:
    I still think the tires degrade just too quickly and perhaps just a bit weak, flat spot on the tires after 1 skid? Kinda lame, Anyway, the team that learns how to manage the Pirelli tires the best, probably will end up winning this season.
    That was my reaction as well after the first two races, but after today's race I am rethinking that position.
    Certainly felt more like they were racing today than in the past were the race leader basically runs away with the race.

But its not gonna matter when RBR gets its KERS up and running.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    MrAbraham wrote:
    That was my reaction as well after the first two races, but after today's race I am rethinking that position.
    Certainly felt more like they were racing today than in the past were the race leader basically runs away with the race.

But its not gonna matter when RBR gets its KERS up and running.

Like the tires do 'improve the show' (as they wanted) but I find that in the way they do it, is just too synthetic, I do however like KERS and the new Wing, I mean that's technology moving forward, rather then building tires that degrade fast, is a bit backwards, no?

I mean I rather see advanced technology, not some low grade tire trick to increase the action. :lol:

Red Bull? I won't be too shocked if Red Bull loses this season due to a poor KERS system, it seems like they have the most work ahead regarding fixes to the that system.
  • Options
    MrAbraham wrote:

Like the tires do 'improve the show' (as they wanted) but I find that in the way they do it, is just too synthetic, I do however like KERS and the new Wing, I mean that's technology moving forward, rather then building tires that degrade fast, is a bit backwards, no?

I mean I rather see advanced technology, not some low grade tire trick to increase the action. :lol:

Red Bull? I won't be too shocked if Red Bull loses this season due to a poor KERS system, it seems like they have the most work ahead regarding fixes to the that system.
    As I stated in my earlier post before the Chinese GP, I too feel that they should always have the best possible product on the cars. In Malaysia, the cars were sliding around-looked dangerous-that was my concern. But after watching the Chinese GP, it seems to me that the teams have gotten used to them and that F1 is just adding another strategy element. You need to think a bit more to get the maximum performance out of the machines. And at the end of the day, its the same teams up front thus far. Id be surprised if RBR doesn't finish one or two.
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    The tyre situation is going to get crazy once they hit some of the warm climates. It was quite cool there yesterday and they still had issues. In some of the hotter races they won't last long at all. I found the ruling of where there could engage the DRS yesterday odd. I don't see why they can't engage it whenever theres a chance to pass.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:
    The tyre situation is going to get crazy once they hit some of the warm climates. It was quite cool there yesterday and they still had issues. In some of the hotter races they won't last long at all. I found the ruling of where there could engage the DRS yesterday odd. I don't see why they can't engage it whenever theres a chance to pass.
    Well the specific ruling yesterday just cut the active distance in half I think.
    Was fun seeing the car take off when the DRS activated!
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    MrAbraham wrote:

As I stated in my earlier post before the Chinese GP, I too feel that they should always have the best possible product on the cars. In Malaysia, the cars were sliding around-looked dangerous-that was my concern. But after watching the Chinese GP, it seems to me that the teams have gotten used to them and that F1 is just adding another strategy element. You need to think a bit more to get the maximum performance out of the machines. And at the end of the day, its the same teams up front thus far. Id be surprised if RBR doesn't finish one or two.

Yeah I hear yeah,
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Yeah so far the tires are making it an exciting season. Think we have more overtakes already this year than all of last season.

As far as peoples concerns about the tires degrading too fast- F1 has always been about running the best possible cars under a very strict set of rules. The teams adapt when the rules make the rear wings smaller or refuelling is eliminated. Now the teams must adapt to these tires. Yes, F1 is about producing the most high tech car as possible but not entirely 100% true. If that were to be 100% true then the teams would be allowed to produce or choose their tire of choice. As it is the tires are like all the other rules that F1 gives teams when building the car and it is up to the teams to use them as best as possible.
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    Yeah so far the tires are making it an exciting season. Think we have more overtakes already this year than all of last season.

As far as peoples concerns about the tires degrading too fast- F1 has always been about running the best possible cars under a very strict set of rules. The teams adapt when the rules make the rear wings smaller or refuelling is eliminated. Now the teams must adapt to these tires. Yes, F1 is about producing the most high tech car as possible but not entirely 100% true. If that were to be 100% true then the teams would be allowed to produce or choose their tire of choice. As it is the tires are like all the other rules that F1 gives teams when building the car and it is up to the teams to use them as best as possible.
    Yep. Its a FORMULA that the teams must follow. ;)
  • Options
    News Corp and Agnellis planning F1 bid

The Agnelli family has held talks with Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation with regard to making a bid for Formula One's commercial rights.

Exor, an investment company controlled by the Agnellis and with links to FIAT and Ferrari, released a statement confirming the possibility of a bid being made was being explored.

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/47424.html

----

Yeah, that's going to be great for the sport (sarcasm) :D
  • Options
    Great race. What a start by Alonso, too bad he couldn't hold on. Scary to think what Vettel is going to do when they get Kers working but Hamilton did hang on.
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    Great race. What a start by Alonso, too bad he couldn't hold on. Scary to think what Vettel is going to do when they get Kers working but Hamilton did hang on.

Hamilton is driver, he's fun to watch. I rate Lewis higher than Vettel. :) Both cars being =...Lewis I think will have the edge, but not by much.

Monaco is next ahhhhhh!!! Going to be Interesting to see how the new rules will play out in Monaco. As it's such a unique track.
  • Options
    what a race
    but bummer on the ending...never really got a chance to see the top three go at it on hot tires
    red flag.. :evil:

Mr. Abraham, no way Lewis can do that many laps on those tires, he is too aggressive. Vettel is a monster driver in a monster car that seems to be perfectly matched. Sure he had help from the safety car, but that was one of the most impressive drives in recent history.

Still wondering why Button came out on the SS tires after the second stop. If he was on the prime, he would have won.

That being said, I am losing interest. This is the Schumi era all over again. The tires have made the races more exciting, but I am getting tired of the result.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    what a race
    but bummer on the ending...never really got a chance to see the top three go at it on hot tires

Mr. Abraham, no way Lewis can do that many laps on those tires, he is too aggressive. Vettel is a monster driver in a monster car that seems to be perfectly matched. Sure he had help from the safety car, but that was one of the most impressive drives in recent history.

Still wondering why Button came out on the SS tires after the second stop. If he was on the prime, he would have won.

That being said, I am losing interest. This is the Schumi era all over again. The tires have made the races more exciting, but I am getting tired of the result.

Season is still young. Red Bulls are strong but not like Vettel is completely running away with every race. He's had to fight to win. I like the way the season is going. Let's see if Maclaren and Ferrari can catch them.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    what a race

I know! 3 world Champions right on the edge, final laps! Then red flag!! :lol: That's racing..

Let's hope the second half of the season will see a change in the results, F1 can change quickly like that, Red Bull can still make mistakes, teams can catch up or at least spoil some of Red Bulls fun :lol:

Maybe I make a trip to Montreal next race and toss Banana peels at the Reb Bulls ;) Action!
  • Options
    Great responses! :D:D

But seriously, RBR are so much faster, the only way another team wins is by technical failure. Something tells me Adrain aint gonna let that happen.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

But seriously, RBR are so much faster, the only way another team wins is by technical failure. Something tells me Adrain aint gonna let that happen.

Banana peels man, Banana peels... ! They can drink all the Red Bull they want, they will be out done by Banana peels, just watch. :lol:

Other Teams are bound to catch up, My money is on McLaren...! If I was a betting man :lol:

But I also think Vettel will end up taking the Championship at the end, ah Who knows, it's F1. A few upgrades and suddenly your are fighting for Top points.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    coming to f1 in 2012...car hurtling

http://youtu.be/KuGp8sI2x1M

:shock: :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

Banana peels man, Banana peels... ! They can drink all the Red Bull they want, they will be out done by Banana peels, just watch. :lol:

Other Teams are bound to catch up, My money is on McLaren...! If I was a betting man :lol:

But I also think Vettel will end up taking the Championship at the end, ah Who knows, it's F1. A few upgrades and suddenly your are fighting for Top points.

Today in practice, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STfsIE6tIao

What did we say?? Yeah, he was done in by a Banana peel. :ugeek:
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    Today in practice, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STfsIE6tIao

What did we say?? Yeah, he was done in by a Banana peel. :ugeek:
    I am supposed to be in Montreal today! :evil: :twisted:

damn job

its only practice

rygar where you at boy?
  • Options
    ugh
    same ole story

I am not a Ferrari fan but yay massa! I like that dude.