Options

*** Live On Ten Legs - Jan. 18, 2011 ***

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    Mcam55 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    All the hype and for what? Majorly disappointed with it. Setlist is poor, i just don't see the point in it. Anyone who is part of Ten Club will have got alot of the official bootlegs from 2003-2010. And it won't appeal to the casual fan either.

I'm a diehard fan and love Pearl Jam to bits but I think you have to be more than a diehard fan to order this

So glad i didn't pre-order with What Records, and waste my money.

People built the hype themselves not the 10club, it was pretty obvious from all reports it was going to be something exactly like this heavy on backspacer songs. It is what it is....
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Does anyone have a link to purchase the international box set edition?
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options

same doubt here...
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Mcam55 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    All the hype and for what? Majorly disappointed with it. Setlist is poor, i just don't see the point in it. Anyone who is part of Ten Club will have got alot of the official bootlegs from 2003-2010. And it won't appeal to the casual fan either.

I'm a diehard fan and love Pearl Jam to bits but I think you have to be more than a diehard fan to order this

So glad i didn't pre-order with What Records, and waste my money.

People built the hype themselves not the 10club, it was pretty obvious from all reports it was going to be something exactly like this heavy on backspacer songs. It is what it is....
    +1

I'd rather it have been just from the Backspacer tours than 2003-2010. Thats what I don't get about it, doesn't make sense to me. How did they come up with that tracklist as well - 2 covers and nothing from No Code? Its not giving anything to the fans, its just another cash cow.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    not to whine but i was hoping for more. i have multiple copies of every song on this release. perhaps there will be a big tour next year. that gives me something to look forward to.
    "Can't fuckin' Twitter, hate that shit" - EV
  • Options

same doubt here...
    i guess soon will be out there..again
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KarleyKarley Posts: 506
    I'm waiting for the Deluxe Edition...This could be a pretty nice set. The setlist? It's obviously relatively heavy on the stuff post Yield (9 tracks) which makes as this is a follow up for LO2L. And the description says "All tracks have been newly remixed by longtime Pearl Jam engineer Brett Eliason and remastered" - so maybe the loud-crowd In Hiding from Philly 3 you all have been waiting for? I'm hoping for Public Image from Venice and Arms Aloft from London to be included here (even if I have the bootlegs) since I was there. Also hoping for Got Some (Manchester 09) and NAIS from Zurich 00 (what a version!!!).
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

I'd rather it have been just from the Backspacer tours than 2003-2010. Thats what I don't get about it, doesn't make sense to me. How did they come up with that tracklist as well - 2 covers and nothing from No Code? Its not giving anything to the fans, its just another cash cow.

Man I didn't even read the description. I thought it was from the Backspacer tour. Considering I have every 2003, 2005, and 2006 bootleg (and most from 2008 and 2009)....this doesn't seem like a must-buy for me. I'll probably hit up a torrent or something.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    I am confused about the deluxe version. Is there other vinyl that hasn't really been mention? Or just the live compilation?
    ~JzP
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    edited November 2010
    False. They've been recording themselves from the beginning. Brett and Ed mentioned this in interviews. the best part of this is that Brett is back in the mix, which gives me hope that the Vault will be opened someday.
    CJMST3K wrote:
    That's the thing though. On PJ Radio on their own website they've played audience boots of MSG '98, which would lead people to believe that they don't have a pro-recording of that. Yet I know personally that they do.

So... while Academy '92 they might not have a good version of (which I was very surprised they chose that poor of a recording to press officially), there are a number of other shows that they must have exclusive, unreleased great copies of that they could finally release. And to hear an official pressing of something unreleased that they have a great copy of and/or a video compilation even from that time too would be awesome. ...plus I prefer at least 7 songs from this "ten legs" thing as they used to perform them, not the revamped versions they play nowadays, but that's a whole other thing.

Yeah playing audience recordings on PJ radio and releasing that Academy show would lead one to believe that that's all they got. I never heard the Brett/Ed interview that giventofly23 mentioned and I don't know how you "know personally that they do." But that'd be great if you guys are right. And if you guy are right, wouldn't a "live through the years" type of compilation be better for a 20 year anniversary than this Live on Ten Legs album? If they have this stuff, they should get it out there because they know how bootleg-obsessed their fanbase is.

When I worked at the garden, PJ wanted to record their show in '98 which is not unusual. In order to be able to do that, they have to sign an agreement that if it's commercially released that they will compensate the stagehand union (IATSE), as is standard in the NY area (and many other union-strong areas). I was asked find that contract for them a few hours before they hit the stage because of them asking to record the show, so unless someone forgot to hit the "record" button, it should be on tape in their archives.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    boyo79 wrote:

Man I didn't even read the description. I thought it was from the Backspacer tour. Considering I have every 2003, 2005, and 2006 bootleg (and most from 2008 and 2009)....this doesn't seem like a must-buy for me. I'll probably hit up a torrent or something.
    well there is something new unless you already own all these on vinyl anyway?? :lol:
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    and why must have no code song in??doesn't make sense to me
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    boyo79 wrote:

Have to say I agree here......its a very random setlist
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    False. They've been recording themselves from the beginning. Brett and Ed mentioned this in interviews. the best part of this is that Brett is back in the mix, which gives me hope that the Vault will be opened someday.
    CJMST3K wrote:
    That's the thing though. On PJ Radio on their own website they've played audience boots of MSG '98, which would lead people to believe that they don't have a pro-recording of that. Yet I know personally that they do.

So... while Academy '92 they might not have a good version of (which I was very surprised they chose that poor of a recording to press officially), there are a number of other shows that they must have exclusive, unreleased great copies of that they could finally release. And to hear an official pressing of something unreleased that they have a great copy of and/or a video compilation even from that time too would be awesome. ...plus I prefer at least 7 songs from this "ten legs" thing as they used to perform them, not the revamped versions they play nowadays, but that's a whole other thing.

Yeah playing audience recordings on PJ radio and releasing that Academy show would lead one to believe that that's all they got. I never heard the Brett/Ed interview that giventofly23 mentioned and I don't know how you "know personally that they do." But that'd be great if you guys are right. And if you guy are right, wouldn't a "live through the years" type of compilation be better for a 20 year anniversary than this Live on Ten Legs album? If they have this stuff, they should get it out there because they know how bootleg-obsessed their fanbase is.

When I worked at the garden, PJ wanted to record their show in '98 which is not unusual. In order to be able to do that, they have to sign an agreement that if it's commercially released that they will compensate the stagehand union (IATSE), as is standard in the NY area (and many other union-strong areas). I was asked find that contract for them a few hours before they hit the stage because of them asking to record the show, so unless someone forgot to hit the "record" button, it should be on tape in their archives.

Well that's cool that you really do have first-hand knowledge of that show being recorded. But don't rule out that maybe all of the 1998 shows were recorded just so that they could pick and choose for Live on Two Legs. So while it's awesome that they probably recorded all the 1998 shows, I'm still a little skeptical about all the shows prior to 1998 being recorded.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,056
    this doesn't seem like a must-buy for me. I'll probably hit up a torrent or something.

"Eh...it's not interesting enough to purchase, so instead of not owning it I'll just steal it."

Nice.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    this doesn't seem like a must-buy for me. I'll probably hit up a torrent or something.

"Eh...it's not interesting enough to purchase, so instead of not owning it I'll just steal it."

Nice.

Well I already own all the bootlegs from those years so why would I buy a compilation of songs from those boots?

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

Because No Code is awesome. And Backspacer is not. And I'm not thrilled with the Public Image cover (got played in Dublin this year?) Like you need to ask!!!!

I'd just expect a more equal contribution from all albums in the tracklisting. 4 off Backspacer is abit much for me. Each to their own though I guess.

Once i've gotta over the initial disappointment of this and thought about it, I'll probably end up getting the deluxe version ha ha ha

• Options
    so that means tour after right???

the set list is not extreme by any means.

oh well add it to the collection
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
    followed by the 2011 world tour announcement !!!!!!!!!! its coming kids

i wouldnt bet on it if i was you

a world tour?

no way
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

Because No Code is awesome.
    but Ten + Binaural is better :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

Well that's cool that you really do have first-hand knowledge of that show being recorded. But don't rule out that maybe all of the 1998 shows were recorded just so that they could pick and choose for Live on Two Legs. So while it's awesome that they probably recorded all the 1998 shows, I'm still a little skeptical about all the shows prior to 1998 being recorded.

That's a good point. That their intention may have been just for the Live On Two Legs project. True, I don't think that they recorded all of their earliest shows, but I'd guess they at the very least started recording most or all shows as of 1993. 1990 they were still forming. 1991 they were blowing up huge and maybe started thinking about recording. 1992 they were an established "huge" band and maybe recorded a number of shows. But by 1993 they must have had their wits about them by then to record every show.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    Disclaimer: Negativity to follow (Are you shocked?)

Hate to say it but looks like they just mailed it in. Do you really think that the band sat around and said, hey this version of In Hiding from 6 years ago rocked! You have fans begging for old shows....you have a newsletter years ago saying they were working on the vault...so what do you do? Release an album of stuff already released. It clearly says they are kicking off their anniversary year yet they don't go back before 2003? There is some really nice footage in here:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1568888977019

Why not include some of that? I don't get it and I really don't think the disappointment has anything to do with the hype that was going on. This just seems like the easiest and cheapest way to make some extra cash. I should be happy. I have no desire to spend money I don't have on this :D
  • Options
    cpundcpund Posts: 57
    that's bullbird that the US doesn't get a deluxe edition! Guess I'll settle for ordering the CD and vinyl versions.
    :x
  • Options
    LO2L came after No Code. LO10L is the FOLLOW UP to LO2L, not to mention coming out at the tail end of promoting Backspacer, so of COURSE it's going to be new-material heavy.
    boyo79 wrote:
    Because No Code is awesome. And Backspacer is not. And I'm not thrilled with the Public Image cover (got played in Dublin this year?) Like you need to ask!!!!

I'd just expect a more equal contribution from all albums in the tracklisting. 4 off Backspacer is abit much for me. Each to their own though I guess.

Once i've gotta over the initial disappointment of this and thought about it, I'll probably end up getting the deluxe version ha ha ha
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,492
    I don't think the setlist is terrible. At least there's no Even Flow and the covers are something they don't play at every show. I do not need another version of Crazy Mary or Rockin' In The Free World. I'll probably just get the vinyl before the prices get out of control after it goes out of print.
  • Options
    some people will bitch no matter WHAT.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

Because No Code is awesome. [/quote]
    but Ten + Binaural is better :mrgreen:[/quote]

Ten through to Pearl Jam all are awesome albums to me. But Backspacer isn't.

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
    this setlist is great

Im over the moon

I collect Pearl jam

this is more Pearl Jam

WINNER
  • Options
    THANK YOU. :D
    pdalowsky wrote:
    this setlist is great

Im over the moon

I collect Pearl jam

this is more Pearl Jam

WINNER
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    For those here that are whining that this was not worth the wait at all... A question for you...

What EXACTLY did you have in mind that they will release?