Options

10C Membership Card: Am I among the first or last to know?

rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Has it already been discussed that a print-your-own membership card is available online?

http://pearljam.com/i/tenclub/TCCARD.pdf

I always clipped mine from the merch mailout Ten Club sent when I renewed. When I didn't get one last fall I wondered whether it was discontinued. Then I found the .pdf on their site.

Just thought I'd share.

Memphis 1994
New Orleans 1995
Fort Lauderdale 1996
Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
New Orleans 2000
Tampa 2003
Kissimmee 2004
New York City (x 2) 2008
East Troy (x 2) 2011
Chicago & New Orleans 2013
Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
Baltimore 2020
Louisville 2022
Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Has it already been discussed that a print-your-own membership card is available online?

I always clipped mine from the merch mailout Ten Club sent when I renewed. When I didn't get one last fall I wondered whether it was discontinued. Then I found the .pdf on their site.

Just thought I'd share.

First I'm seeing/hearing bout this.
    Thanks
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I've seen posts about the membership card on the site, but I'm sure there are still many people who aren't aware of it.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    i had no idea. sweet. now i can be an official nerd. :D i love it! :)
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I havent gotten a new membership card since 04, whats up with that?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:

Just thought I'd share.

I keep getting the same image. Can we change it to what we like?
  • Options
    Wait...people actually carry around a Ten Club card? Like in their wallet/purse?

Um....
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Yes, I'll be one of those nerds who carries it in his wallet. Want to see it?

Thanks for sharing this!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    rhinomagic wrote:

Just thought I'd share.

I literally just randomly ran into that little item last night when I was updating some contact info. I had a little "WTF?" moment.

Who knew?

I sure didn't.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,828
    moses562 wrote:
    Yes, I'll be one of those nerds who carries it in his wallet. Want to see it?

Thanks for sharing this!

In high school I would carry my Vitalogy Health Club card where ever I went. Didn't give a flying fuck what anybody thought about me.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    i carry mine. :)
    gotta represent. haha

and i didn't know about the printout, so thanks.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    andydick8andydick8 Posts: 205
    I like how there are instructions! ha
    Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    oh neat!~

that picture is really cool on it.

I wish they still mailed them out though ... :( those were always fucking rad *in dorkiest voice*
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    Wait...people actually carry around a Ten Club card? Like in their wallet/purse?

Um....

And don't forget the secret 10 club handshake!!! :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    sweet! i had no idea
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    In high school I would carry my Vitalogy Health Club card where ever I went. Didn't give a flying fuck what anybody thought about me.
    It would be awesome if the Ten Club did something similar to the Vitalogy Health Club again in the future.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    jeddethjeddeth Posts: 93
    It would be amazing if someone could dig up and hi res scan the original ten club membership card from back in the day.
    Things change. They wont change unless you make them. The best way to change something you don't like, is to change yourself. So if you feel like you have a piece of duct tape on your mouth and you can't escape, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out, let 'em hear ya! -EV
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    the image is from cincinatti 06 poster?

when you guys order a new ten club membership dont you get a little cardboard thing? and you cut out that card fill it out and laminate it? thats what ive done.for years..mine is in my wallet. im 27 yrs old.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329

when you guys order a new ten club membership dont you get a little cardboard thing? and you cut out that card fill it out and laminate it? thats what ive done.for years..mine is in my wallet. im 27 yrs old.

Nope. Now you get an email with a link.

; )

Unless mail is pending but I'd just as soon they didn't spend the money or time printing and mailing.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    Alessiana wrote:
    Nope. Now you get an email with a link.

; )

Unless mail is pending but I'd just as soon they didn't spend the money or time printing and mailing.

well that mustve stopped as of last year, cuz i was still getting sent the thing in the mail for my current membership....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549

It used to be included in the yearly merchandise mailout that was mailed to us upon membership renewal. I have several membership cards that I have clipped and written my info onto.

I think that procedure is no longer standard because I renewed in October and never received anything other than the update in my profile @ tenclub.net. I did receive an email confirming my purchase/renewal, but don't recall any link pointing me to the .pdf file.

Glad you guys like it.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    well that mustve stopped as of last year, cuz i was still getting sent the thing in the mail for my current membership....

Yes it's new. I always got the thing in the mail too.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    andydick8 wrote:
    I like how there are instructions! ha
    Some of these nuts might block mount them or put them in some kind of mini-frame.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    I re-newed my membership the other night and I noticed the email had the download link for the membership card..Im sure it wasnt there last yr when I re-newed
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    thought theonly membership cards you got were the ones that they sent you
  • Options
    sweet... never saw anything for this in my renewal email!
    OH: You need to stop buying Pearl Jam stuff, we have no room
    Me: How about we just get a bigger house?

http://db.etree.org/DirtyStuart
    http://randomismsofa.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Some of these nuts might block mount them or put them in some kind of mini-frame.

You're right! This year they didn't print them. What a jip. Ten Club sucks! Where's my blessed.with.pearljam.ink.handled.by.tenclub.staffer.touched.by.god.once.removed. memebership.card?

I want it. Damn it.

ps. I mock myself tooooooooo. let no person ask me how many hoodies i have.

Aless

Tell them.
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    we should get some sort of database of pics for every single member card since the beginning. Imgonna start looking for old ones and find somewhere to post nice hi res pics
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    ZAPPER wrote:
    we should get some sort of database of pics for every single member card since the beginning. Imgonna start looking for old ones and find somewhere to post nice hi res pics

You know what's going to happen if you do this. Please don't. Please. I beg of you.

Aless

Tell them.
  • Options
    Dog LoyalDog Loyal Posts: 336
    When I joined 10c last year I got a brochure with a 10C membership card you can cut out. It's red and has a medieval knight on one side and the baby bird logo on the other.
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • Options
    Wow. I'm sure that will get you laid.