Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    81 wrote:
    So the big question... Could you pull the trigger on a loved one Zombie?

if there isn't any hope of a cure, you say a little prayer and fire away. put teh beast out of it's misery.

if there is hope for a cure, you have to let it go
    I could not do it... I would find them fresh meat :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    Sometimes dead is better.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    And I have got a question.. Assuming the Walking Dead is happening in current time... Don't you think everyone had seen or heard of Zombies by this point. Why call the Walkers?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    Thats it. If ratings Re good, we will get more. At this point i expect more

6 million people watched...they better pick it up again
    Reviews were great... Ratings the best ever in AMC history... It's a no brainer...

So the big question... Could you pull the trigger on a loved one Zombie?

yes i would kill a loved one in that situation..its the best thing

and the cop going back to kill the crawler was cool also
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    And I have got a question.. Assuming the Walking Dead is happening in current time... Don't you think everyone had seen or heard of Zombies by this point. Why call the Walkers?

i guess because its new to the people..and they really don't know what the fuck they are or whats going on
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

we as the movie/tv viewing public know about zombies, but actors don't know them. they have never heard of such a thing. the word zombie is not in their volcabulary. they have never existed before.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    edited November 2010
    if metsfan becomes a zombie, you better save his bullet for me to fire. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

That was really cool...
    Great last scene... Needs to find some Tank Keys...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

That was really cool...

or fire up the 50mm on top and mow the lawn with it. 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Nice.... Nothing better than some rapid gun fire and splatter 8-)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i doubt we will see that. gotta keep the budget down.

i wonder what the budget is for the show.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i doubt we will see that. gotta keep the budget down.

i wonder what the budget is for the show.
    Well pilot was directed by Frank himself, I am sure it goes down from there...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    rumor has it, it's already been picked up for a second season of 13 episodes

http://insidepulse.com/2010/08/31/amcs- ... nd-season/
    While its not news that on October 31st the first season of “The Walking Dead” on AMC beings, nor is it secret that it’s a short ordered (six episode) season. Well, director Frank Darabont has now confirmed that the show will be getting a second season, due to start filming in February to be aired at a still unknown time, and it will be extended to a thirteen episode season.

Talking about what he wants to do in the second season, Darabont had this to say.

“It would be great not just to get out of the heat, but to present a different idea to the audience visually and tonally by having it be winter. There’s some really cool stuff that Kirkman did, where they find the one zombie that’s frozen to the ground. I’d never seen that before and that’s really cool.”

This is making me think that he might be looking towards the second volume of the book for the second season, which could set a good pacing for the series. A volume or two per season, depending on content and length, and the show can stretch on for years.

And hey, isn’t the second season when Thomas Jane would be able to show up?

There is one thing that may change, however, as Darabont may have to debut his favorite Walking Dead character early, as being patient may be too difficult.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    rumor has it, it's already been picked up for a second season of 13 episodes

http://insidepulse.com/2010/08/31/amcs- ... nd-season/
    While its not news that on October 31st the first season of “The Walking Dead” on AMC beings, nor is it secret that it’s a short ordered (six episode) season. Well, director Frank Darabont has now confirmed that the show will be getting a second season, due to start filming in February to be aired at a still unknown time, and it will be extended to a thirteen episode season.

Talking about what he wants to do in the second season, Darabont had this to say.

“It would be great not just to get out of the heat, but to present a different idea to the audience visually and tonally by having it be winter. There’s some really cool stuff that Kirkman did, where they find the one zombie that’s frozen to the ground. I’d never seen that before and that’s really cool.”

This is making me think that he might be looking towards the second volume of the book for the second season, which could set a good pacing for the series. A volume or two per season, depending on content and length, and the show can stretch on for years.

And hey, isn’t the second season when Thomas Jane would be able to show up?

There is one thing that may change, however, as Darabont may have to debut his favorite Walking Dead character early, as being patient may be too difficult.
    Who's his favorite character? Anyone read the series?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

That was really cool...

we gotta see who was talking to him in the tank..must be some humans in a building down there
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Great show!
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Who's his favorite character? Anyone read the series?

Ive read the series. And a few ideas about the favorite character (really I'd say it's more of a fan favorite?), but no point in stating it as many characters haven't been introduced yet.

Well worth searching out the trade paperbacks if this show has got you hooked at all. It's a solid series.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I just saw this last night (saved on tivo), It was Fuckin Awesome!!!
  • Options
    I just saw this last night (saved on tivo), It was Fuckin Awesome!!!

we told ya so :mrgreen:
  • Options
    looking forward to sunday. sucks that it's only 6 shows. they should ramp up production today instead of waiting until feb :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I have not spoken to anyone who has seen this that was disapointed. :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:

the gf was like meh. she said she most likely would not watch future episodes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

the gf was like meh. she said she most likely would not watch future episodes.

her loss
  • Options
    hey there was just the one episode so far right? i didn't miss one did i?
  • Options

JUST THE 1 FROM SUNDAY NIGHT

it was hour and a half
  • Options

JUST THE 1 FROM SUNDAY NIGHT

it was hour and a half

Cool thanks. i'm easly confused.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Finally was able to watch it on DVR last night, thought it was very well done. Looking forward to the rest. I heard it did very well in the ratings.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Finally was able to watch it on DVR last night, thought it was very well done. Looking forward to the rest. I heard it did very well in the ratings.

7 million people or so
  • Options

7 million people or so

there is that fuzzy NY/LA math.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television ... charts.htm

5.3 per Nielsen. came in as the 3rd highest rated cable show behind MNF and Celtics/Heat season opener.

pretty solid any way you slice it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

7 million people or so

there is that fuzzy NY/LA math.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television ... charts.htm

5.3 per Nielsen. came in as the 3rd highest rated cable show behind MNF and Celtics/Heat season opener.

pretty solid any way you slice it.

whats 1 million7 amongst friends