Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

Idk how the hell Rick didnt get bit in that crowd of Walkers on the highway.

I was thinking the same thing. And it felt like an episode of the A-Team when they all started removing the dynamite from the cable. It needed it's own cheesy theme music.
  • Options

I know. They spend the better part of 7 seasons avoiding crowds of walkers. Now they just run through them like they're not even there. This show better pick up the pace. It's way too slow now.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736

I was thinking the same thing. And it felt like an episode of the A-Team when they all started removing the dynamite from the cable. It needed it's own cheesy theme music.
    Apparently they are all explosives experts now!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And did anyone else notice, or maybe im just seeing things, but when Father Gabriel drives off in the car at the beginning, the shadow of a head pops up from the back seat as the camera pans out.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

And did anyone else notice, or maybe im just seeing things, but when Father Gabriel drives off in the car at the beginning, the shadow of a head pops up from the back seat as the camera pans out.

yup....was hoping a zombie would eat him.... hahaha guess its one of the new gang/boat on the lake crew, due to the note in the food inventory book.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/afc56e7344/the-15-most-ridiculous-things-from-last-night-s-the-walking-dead-s07e09-rock-in-the-road

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817

that WAS really stupid.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

yes, but couldn't for the life of me think of who it was.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    It was the boots wearing guy, from the last scene in the half season finale. I only remember b/c my dvr started early and caught the last scene. That dude came from the supply boat and is probably aligned with the new group.

I think the close up herky jerky editing makes them escaping the walkers seem more ridiculous. They thinned them out pretty good with the walker clothesline.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    DewieCox said:

It was the boots wearing guy, from the last scene in the half season finale. I only remember b/c my dvr started early and caught the last scene. That dude came from the supply boat and is probably aligned with the new group.

I think the close up herky jerky editing makes them escaping the walkers seem more ridiculous. They thinned them out pretty good with the walker clothesline.

they should have kept going with the clothesline.... you know down the road that herd is going to show up at their door step and kill one of the group off or foil a plan against Negan.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    edited February 2017

he either a) spotted heath and realized this group is a bunch of good eggs that he can recruit for the fight against negan (remember heath? feels like 20 episodes ago when he went missing) or b) he sees the potential and he realizes that he can manipulate/convince this well armed group to join the fight against negan
    Post edited by rival. on
  • Options
    rival. said:

he either a) spotted heath and realized this group is a bunch of good eggs that he can recruit for the fight against negan (remember heath? feels like 20 episodes ago when he went missing) or b) he sees the potential and he realizes that he can manipulate/convince this well armed group to join the fight against negan
    who better to convince a bunch of angry ladies than someone who has no interest in their lady parts?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Not the same group that Tara an into. Lotsa dudes in that pack.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    DewieCox said:

That's what I told my husband, but he said they were all women. I know I saw a couple. But admittedly the women seemed to out number the men. I hope it was Heath he saw. But why wouldn't Heath have went back to Alexandria? Maybe he saw that Negan was in control.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

I noticed that too. But they definitely looked very much the same as the female group.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I thought there were some men in that Womens group. They were just obedient under their orders.
  • Options

I thought there were some men in that Womens group. They were just obedient under their orders.

I recall the ep where Tara was there. there were no men, and they told her all the men were killed. at least that's how I recall it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I think there were men at first, then they got rid of them.

I don't remember Oceanside ladies having a specific look, and this group definitely did to me. And they would also recognize Tara or vice versa.

Rick and Aaron were followed from the boat. There was a note in the pantry her said "boat" and when they used that as a clue they get surrounded.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    DewieCox said:

I think there were men at first, then they got rid of them.

I don't remember Oceanside ladies having a specific look, and this group definitely did to me. And they would also recognize Tara or vice versa.

Rick and Aaron were followed from the boat. There was a note in the pantry her said "boat" and when they used that as a clue they get surrounded.

I think they were followed from the boat but not by anyone related to the guy on the boat. But then again, if that was the case and these people knew about the boat why didn't they scavenge the boat supplies? With all those people they could have got through the pond full of walkers.

I don't think that this group is Oceanside. There were no men there because all males under the age of 12 or 14 or so were killed by Negan. Any boys younger than that would not have grown into adults in the last few weeks. That being said Oceanside could have combined with another group and are looking for Rick's group so they could get together as Tara wanted them to do.

Somebody that works with my husband thought that the booted person could have been Carol just checking on the group. I don't know how far apart Alexandria and the Kingdom are, but I guess that is possible. Carol was out in the woods close to dark when she ran into Benjamin.

EDIT: It wouldn't have been Carol checking on Alexandria unless she took Gabriel and left the note that said "Boat". I doubt if Gabe left it. If he was being kidnapped who would let him write a note before he left. The only way it could be Carol is if she knew that Negan's crew were on their way looking for Daryl and she talked Gabriel into taking the supplies so as Negan's group would not get them. But that is not logical.

There was another person in the car when Gabriel left.

Post edited by Riverrunner on
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options

LOL
  • Options
    Nami said:

DewieCox said:

they should have kept going with the clothesline.... you know down the road that herd is going to show up at their door step and kill one of the group off or foil a plan against Negan.
    I thought the clothesline was cool, gross but cool. Have they explored every possible way now to kill a zombie?
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847

LOL
    Everyone was so careful, then Sasha slammed hers down in front of Rick before running to the car, it was hilarious.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    I thought last night's episode was good. The idea of a garbage city/ thunderdome society seems pretty likely during an apocalypse.
  • Options
    I usually enjoy episodes when nobody dies. But I think it is so weird and out of character that Rick smiled when they were surrounded (end of last episode) and then continued to be happy about the situation. And to clarify, that group made a habit of throwing people in the pit with Winslo? And this was to prove that he/she was tough enough to join them or have their respect? Or is that their method of execution?

Also, what do you think is wrong with the people in the group? Their mannerisms, lack of speech, etc.
  • Options
    fastest hour of TV last night, seem to me once it started going it was over. This show needs to pick up the pace, bring back more zombie interaction, align the groups quicker, and get action against negan going. Maybe im just impatient but damn.... something needs to change.

RR, to me the new group seems to be another "survivor group" where Jidas speaks for all, like negan. once the weapons and food are obtained, they become the threat.

I wish darryl told carol about Glenn and Abraham, shit would have hit the fan then.

I think RR, they threw Rick in the pit to prove to them, the group is fight worthy. why align with a weak group and put their group at risk. Its clear they need food and weapons to continue surviving.

• Options

I usually enjoy episodes when nobody dies. But I think it is so weird and out of character that Rick smiled when they were surrounded (end of last episode) and then continued to be happy about the situation. And to clarify, that group made a habit of throwing people in the pit with Winslo? And this was to prove that he/she was tough enough to join them or have their respect? Or is that their method of execution?

Also, what do you think is wrong with the people in the group? Their mannerisms, lack of speech, etc.

I watched Talking Dead. The actress playing Jadis (Jidas?) said their language/ lack of speech was a minnimalistic thing, meaning they say as little as possible to get straight to the point--only words, not full sentences. I guess its just something they developed from living like they do?
  • Options
    What a silly episode. Seems like it was all based around us being able to see Rick fight a new zombie.
    Now Rick has to find guns for a new group who doesnt seem all that formidable at all. That walk-in scene to the junkyard was cheesy as hell, like a low budget kung-fu movie from the 70's.
    Then you have Daryl leaving Carol at the end when he knows theres still the threat of Richard using her to get Ezekiel to rebel against the Saviors.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,031

What a silly episode. Seems like it was all based around us being able to see Rick fight a new zombie.
    Now Rick has to find guns for a new group who doesnt seem all that formidable at all. That walk-in scene to the junkyard was cheesy as hell, like a low budget kung-fu movie from the 70's.
    Then you have Daryl leaving Carol at the end when he knows theres still the threat of Richard using her to get Ezekiel to rebel against the Saviors.

I was waiting for this character to return, during the junk yard scene:

It's the all knowing trash heap from Fraggle Rock.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    ^^^hahahaha