THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    I say it is Glenn. (Based upon nothing other than a guess.) I agree with Indy71 -- don't care about most of the people that died the past season or two.
    Cyclops would be ok as well.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

CHORAAAAL

Why don't crabs give to charity? Because they are shelfish. They are SHELFISH CHORAL.
    LMAO
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I watched the series finale again last night - still pretty nerve wracking. Then watched The Talking Dead who had the actor who plays Dwight as one of the guests. He was asked how it felt to do the final scene. He said everyone was somber. He said something like "I can imagine how it would feel to have worked on the show for 5 or 6 years and then....." Did he give it away? Does it mean it was one of the old guard?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi

I watched the series finale again last night - still pretty nerve wracking. Then watched The Talking Dead who had the actor who plays Dwight as one of the guests. He was asked how it felt to do the final scene. He said everyone was somber. He said something like "I can imagine how it would feel to have worked on the show for 5 or 6 years and then....." Did he give it away? Does it mean it was one of the old guard?

he is probably fucking with everyone. the cast doesn't even know. to keep it a secret, they apparently filmed as many different endings as there were cast members in front of negan, with each one of them being his victim.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Carl

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    PJ_ROCKS said:

Carl

Cyclops
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

PJ_ROCKS said:

Carl

Cyclops
    I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep to see that kid gone.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    He's just a doofus. That's about as politically correct as I could make it.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

A doofus with no conscience. Remember, he was raised in the apocalypse. He had to kill his mom and hid dad doesn't really seem to give a sh*t about him. He's a pretty messed up kid. I think there is more to be seen of good ole Carl.

A doofus with no conscience. Remember, he was raised in the apocalypse. He had to kill his mom and hid dad doesn't really seem to give a sh*t about him. He's a pretty messed up kid. I think there is more to be seen of good ole Carl.
    Doesn't everyone have to kill their mom during the zombie apocalypse?
    Quite possibly, Degeneratefk,... but I'm pretty sure Carl is getting ready to turn bad. He hasn't cared about killing humans for years, Example, The Farm. Evil Carl, no conscience. It's in there and Negan will bring it out of him, not kill him. This will make for an interesting character development.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Yeah, it sounds like there are going to be a lot of splits in the group this season. Not necessarily fights or anything, but just people going in different directions. Possibly a ploy by Negan to help neutralize the threat of the group pulling together and at ticking his group.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

Yeah, it sounds like there are going to be a lot of splits in the group this season. Not necessarily fights or anything, but just people going in different directions. Possibly a ploy by Negan to help neutralize the threat of the group pulling together and at ticking his group.

Everyone situation (except the prison) wasn't good enough for rick. He's turned into a power hungry "leader" who thinks he still has a conscious. He will find a way to take control and kill this neegan character.
    Ok, so I finally got around to watching FEAR twd from Sunday night. I realize it will never be TWD, but come on, let's try to discuss this thing. I really liked the song they played at the beginning of the episode. It kind of sounded like Alt J. Any idea what song that was? Also, I thought the scene with Nick walking with the walkers was kick*ss. He took it beyond Michonne level, as far as blending with walkers goes. I love how he just stared the guy down. I will also never be able to unsee the urine scene. Any thoughts about the show?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Ok, so I finally got around to watching FEAR twd from Sunday night. I realize it will never be TWD, but come on, let's try to discuss this thing. I really liked the song they played at the beginning of the episode. It kind of sounded like Alt J. Any idea what song that was? Also, I thought the scene with Nick walking with the walkers was kick*ss. He took it beyond Michonne level, as far as blending with walkers goes. I love how he just stared the guy down. I will also never be able to unsee the urine scene. Any thoughts about the show?

There's a thread about it out there. Not much action on there though...doesn't seem like many are digging this show.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/246085/fear-the-walking-dead
    I wont watch FTWD.
    Wow.....Got it. No FEAR talk on this thread. Lol.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    I am following FTWD and have really enjoyed it so far. The new episode left me a little cold, though.

Coming back from a break, I was expecting a lot more action. I hope this week's episode picks up the pace a little more.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    I can appreciate the cinematography of the show. I love the music they incorporate into each episode and it is a total different vibe from twd. Which is still my favorite..... I agree, it was a bit slow moving for first show after a break, but those are also the kind of shows needed to facilitate more action in the future. I think tomorrow night's episode will have much more substance.
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    waiting untill October, is like watching paint dry

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

won't be watching season 3 of FTWD, I can tell you that. only reason I'm watching the rest of season 2 is my wife insisted we buy it through itunes (we don't have cable). I wasn't even sold after season 2. getting loaded and playing the piano knowing there are walkers at any moment and they are attracted by sound? really? I think the premise of the dead not being monsters is kind of cool, but not enough.

the graphics of those walkers falling to the ground reminded me of something out of a gumby cartoon. Nicotero must be blowing his entire budget on WD with not much leftover for FTWD.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

won't be watching season 3 of FTWD, I can tell you that. only reason I'm watching the rest of season 2 is my wife insisted we buy it through itunes (we don't have cable). I wasn't even sold after season 2. getting loaded and playing the piano knowing there are walkers at any moment and they are attracted by sound? really? I think the premise of the dead not being monsters is kind of cool, but not enough.

the graphics of those walkers falling to the ground reminded me of something out of a gumby cartoon. Nicotero must be blowing his entire budget on WD with not much leftover for FTWD.

Lol on the Nicotero comment. I've actually tried for two nights to watch Sunday's episode, but keep falling asleep. In Fear's defense, I am sleep deprived so it probably would have happened anyways. I accidentally erased the episode from my dvr last night... I'll have to find it on demand now and sit through the commercials... I will watch it though. Come on, I know it's not the best show ever AND NOTHING like TWD, but is it really that bad??? One of these days they are going to do a cross over and the two shows will somehow connect.... Although at that point, we could probably safely say that TWD "jumped the shark". Lol

Lol on the Nicotero comment. I've actually tried for two nights to watch Sunday's episode, but keep falling asleep. In Fear's defense, I am sleep deprived so it probably would have happened anyways. I accidentally erased the episode from my dvr last night... I'll have to find it on demand now and sit through the commercials... I will watch it though. Come on, I know it's not the best show ever AND NOTHING like TWD, but is it really that bad??? One of these days they are going to do a cross over and the two shows will somehow connect.... Although at that point, we could probably safely say that TWD "jumped the shark". Lol
    it's not that it's bad, it's that it is boring. and the characters are really fucking stupid. this happened a few times in WD as well, but how can these people be the 1% of the population that was able to survive while continuing to act so recklessly. makes for great drama? yes, but it just seems so unrealistic. Yes, of course, we have to suspend belief somewhat in a show about zombies, but the characters still need to act as if they are making sense in the context of the show's plotline. and they simply aren't.

and don't get me started on how awesome they all look still. I look worse than that just after going camping for 3 days. at least most of the walking dead characters look dirty. although Rosita still looks like she just got ready to head out to a biker bar every episode.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yeah.... I can't exactly disagree with you on those points. They are not the brightest characters and it does err on the side of unrealistic.....for a zombie show.

By the way, Rosita does always look like she's headed to a biker bar. Daryl, on the other hand, flat out refuses to take a shower, even while in Alexandria. And that hair.....constantly in his eyes and stuck to his face. Drives me crazy.

Yeah.... I can't exactly disagree with you on those points. They are not the brightest characters and it does err on the side of unrealistic.....for a zombie show.

By the way, Rosita does always look like she's headed to a biker bar. Daryl, on the other hand, flat out refuses to take a shower, even while in Alexandria. And that hair.....constantly in his eyes and stuck to his face. Drives me crazy.

and for some reason the lady fans of the show LOVE him to look like he's homeless. it's somehow sexy.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

and for some reason the lady fans of the show LOVE him to look like he's homeless. it's somehow sexy.
    Well...as a lady fan of the show, I agree that yes he is way hot. That said, the greasy, combed forward, hair in your eyeballs thing does not do it for me. Please just shave your head!!!

Also, I just want to say that one of the funniest Walking Dead things I've ever seen is the meme of Daryl crying with a bowl of salad in his lap. There is another crying Daryl standing over a salad bar. It's ridiculously stupid, yet hysterical and gets funnier the more you look at it. Definitely worth googling if you haven't seen it yet. :)
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    1 month (from Sunday that is)...cannot wait for this season...who gets Lucilled? When does Ezekial come into play in the season? Where does the group go from here?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    That preview gave me chills.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    That made me sick. I am pretty much dreading the season opener. I bet it will be totally dark and sinister.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi