Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    That van drop scene may have been one of the alltime worst scenes in the history of television. Ugh!!
  • Options
    Yeah it was pretty bad.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    TerryGTerryG La Crosse, WI Posts: 366
    Couldn't agree move about the van, from the side just the front wheels are over the edge but somehow the zombies can rock it over and as it falls facing down, it manages to land almost perfectly on all 4 wheels. I guess It would wreck the storyline if Daryl and Carol are both killed, not by zombies, but by falling off an overpass.
    Do yourself a favor and be you online. Anonymity plus audience often equals asshole.
    Try not to be one. Make mom proud.
    Dan Johns
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    TerryG said:

Couldn't agree move about the van, from the side just the front wheels are over the edge but somehow the zombies can rock it over and as it falls facing down, it manages to land almost perfectly on all 4 wheels. I guess It would wreck the storyline if Daryl and Carol are both killed, not by zombies, but by falling off an overpass.

Yeah, that was pretty ridiculous. Not sure why the writers even put them in that situation.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I bet the writers wish they could take that van scene back now, could have been handled much better. other than that, thought it was a solid episode.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    the van scene was stupid, not because of the van dropping from the overpass, but because they were in said van for 10 seconds and a group of like 50 walkers just sneaked up on them? the hell? how do you not see a herd that large prior to getting into the vehicle?

in the process of moving and won't have cable up and running come sunday. normally i would be in a mad scramble to find a place to watch the episode, but with the way the last three episodes have gone, i am okay with waiting until next week to get all caught up.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    mca47 said:

That van drop scene may have been one of the alltime worst scenes in the history of television. Ugh!!

I was busy and was about to miss this episode. I happen to come where the zombies were at the back of the van trying to get in. Then the later the van flips over not knowing all the circumstances that led to the scene but that was bad REALLY BAD. That van should have landed on the roof at the very least. Maybe that's why I forgot to make sure to watch since the shows haven't been so captivating lately.

Peace.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    van dive 3.5/10.....judges?
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Too high Nami
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Van dive 0/10 is my opinion....stupid scene!! What do you guys think....will Carol die this season saving Beth?
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    silver39 said:

Van dive 0/10 is my opinion....stupid scene!! What do you guys think....will Carol die this season saving Beth?

Nope, the show seems to have lost its edge of what made it popular and will play it safe from here on out. I wouldnt be surprised if a certain someone that dies later in the comics stays alive in the show either.

• Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    That van drop scene almost turned me off the entire series.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    nice build up for the mid season finale
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I thought last night was the mid season finale and didn't realize that it wasn't until it was almost over. I kept thinking it was different than what I expected. But then it all made sense when I realized that it was not the mid season finale. But I thought it was during Daryl's scene in the street when he grabbed the Walker's head. I thought he was going to get bit or the cop was going to kill him and that he would be the main character to die. I was very happy when he survived. And, even if the walker had bit his fingers I guess they could have just chopped them off. :>
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    that show was boring as fuck.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    So what is Dawn's angle? Does she want Beth as an ally? Or is she setting her up? Or does she know Carol somehow and really wants to save her?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    How the hell could Sasha lead the guy (the guy they JUST captured who was trying to kill Daryl) to the window and turn her back on him? The second they walked to that window I knew something dumb was going to happen. I just expected a struggle and for her to get tossed out the window...then Tyrese goes on a blood thirsty rampage. hahaha
    But yeah, that was really dumb Sasha.
    Entertaining show, but sooooooo many dumb moments.

I didn't watch the previews for next week (never do) but I think it'll be good.
  • Options
    If I were Rick I would be tempted to throw her out the window when I got back. What an idiotic move.
  • Options
    mid season finale tonight :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    That's a bummer. I really started to like Beth the past couple of seasons.
  • Options

Me too. She was garnering my respect.

• Options

It felt kinda forced too. Like the writers felt that they had to kill someone off since it was the midseason finale.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

It felt kinda forced too. Like the writers felt that they had to kill someone off since it was the midseason finale.
    Felt the same, through killing off Beth was the easy out. Think it would have been better letting her live and seeing what happened in the spring.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I don't think it is necessary to kill a major character every finale. That makes it predictable. Also, it's not as if people didn't die. Lamson. Dawn. O'Donnel. That was enough for me.
  • Options
    Okay so I probably should be venting this on a real Walking Dead board, but I've decided to bother you good people with it instead. :D Its a shame Beth had to die. :( I think the writers probably put a lot of thought into it though. In the real world, Beth's tragic accident could very well have been the backlash of Rick's harsh punishment on Lamson, if you take karma into consideration.

Even though some of you were saying that the whole shock thing for the mid finale is predictable and blah blah blah..........I think its a frickin' miracle that these actors, the set and filming crew, and all these people involved with the show can keep something like that a secret!! In this world where there are no secrets and privacy anymore, its kind of impressive to see that one actually made it.

And btw, from what I understand Beth was just over 18 in the show----so her and Darryl could have hooked up people and it wasn't a perverted thing, you sickos. 18 in that kind of a world, where she's already raised Rick's baby for a year or so, already taken out a lot of zombies, and done ten times more things than most older teenagers in this world---that is a more mature young adult. Sure the show would have gotten shit for it. It doesn't matter now and I really don't care. The thought wouldn't have even crossed my mind if they hadn't done that moonshine episode last year with the two. Maybe that was the writers' plan all along--build it up and then break it down. Who the hell knows.

I still like the show and always will. So f u to the haters!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937

Okay so I probably should be venting this on a real Walking Dead board, but I've decided to bother you good people with it instead. :D Its a shame Beth had to die. :( I think the writers probably put a lot of thought into it though. In the real world, Beth's tragic accident could very well have been the backlash of Rick's harsh punishment on Lamson, if you take karma into consideration.

Even though some of you were saying that the whole shock thing for the mid finale is predictable and blah blah blah..........I think its a frickin' miracle that these actors, the set and filming crew, and all these people involved with the show can keep something like that a secret!! In this world where there are no secrets and privacy anymore, its kind of impressive to see that one actually made it.

And btw, from what I understand Beth was just over 18 in the show----so her and Darryl could have hooked up people and it wasn't a perverted thing, you sickos. 18 in that kind of a world, where she's already raised Rick's baby for a year or so, already taken out a lot of zombies, and done ten times more things than most older teenagers in this world---that is a more mature young adult. Sure the show would have gotten shit for it. It doesn't matter now and I really don't care. The thought wouldn't have even crossed my mind if they hadn't done that moonshine episode last year with the two. Maybe that was the writers' plan all along--build it up and then break it down. Who the hell knows.

I still like the show and always will. So f u to the haters!

One easy abbreviation: NDA (non-disclosure agreement). Anything with a prerequisite secretive nature, and those involved will be required to sign one of these, at SIGNIFICANT financial penalties for breaching the contract. All of a sudden, keeping quiet seems much easier at that point.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I thought the van drop looked stupid too, until it was explained that the drop was way higher than it seemed to be. Just bad editing, i guess.

Was beth sacrificing herself for noah, or did she not know that was going to happen? I no longer have cable, so couldn't watch talking dead. Norman reedus is a fabulous actor. And rick shooting the guy in the head and then muttering "shut up". That was classic.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

show is good..
    but someone has to say it..
    we are talking about a copy paste of Lost
    everything of the patern of lost is there
    the caracters,the episodes,the way play episode per caracter..people wondering around
    dont know who to trust,like was the island at lost.the bad guys isnt the zombies but the other survivors
    the "mystery od what happened,and noone knows the solution"or maybe someojne thinks the knows
    they are prisoners,and next minute they are taking prisoners,
    how 2 different complitely caracters,become close as duet..all the drama and the feeling changing from normal people,become a fighter,a survivor ,a killer..even the little baby is there too...
    even the sign about that place they suppose to find peace,and they destroy it,remind me ,itsa not penny's boat..
    seriously..

It would be a copy paste of lost, except one thing.....lost sucked. From season 2 to the finale. I wTched the entire way through hoping for the payoff, and it never came. Lost introduced questions that were never answered, answers that never had questions or even made sense. TWD is fantastically written.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

I thought the van drop looked stupid too, until it was explained that the drop was way higher than it seemed to be. Just bad editing, i guess.

Was beth sacrificing herself for noah, or did she not know that was going to happen? I no longer have cable, so couldn't watch talking dead. Norman reedus is a fabulous actor. And rick shooting the guy in the head and then muttering "shut up". That was classic.

The theory is that Dawn accidently shot Beth - that she really did not mean to. And that certainly makes sense to me. Thw shot and stabbing were almost simultaneous. And Dawn looked surprised and apologetic for that short moment before Daryl shot her in the head.