Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,923
    Idris said:

Thought it was a weak season (with some good bits) but solid finale (with the exception of the last line of the episode by Rick)

Agreed.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Andrew J. West who portrays Gareth has been promoted to series regular for next season along with two other additions in Alanna Masterson as Tara and Christian Serratos as Rosita.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/03/the-walking-dead-season-5-cast-additions-kirkman-talks/

Looks like the Terminus storyline may play out for awhile
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251

Andrew J. West who portrays Gareth has been promoted to series regular for next season along with two other additions in Alanna Masterson as Tara and Christian Serratos as Rosita.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/03/the-walking-dead-season-5-cast-additions-kirkman-talks/

Ugh!
    Don't like the sound of that!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849
    so are these guys worse than The Governor?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Tara is smokin hot
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    mca47 said:

Ugh!

Not sure what else they can do. The wandering around in the woods episodes aren't always that great either. I still think the problem with the show is that it doesn't appear to be moving towards anything or have any kind of endgame.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,992

Tara is smokin hot

I likey

It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909

mca47 said:

Ugh!

Not sure what else they can do. The wandering around in the woods episodes aren't always that great either. I still think the problem with the show is that it doesn't appear to be moving towards anything or have any kind of endgame.
    That's sort of the issue with the show and the comic: Rick and Company are lost in the wilderness, find sanctuary, it all goes to hell, repeat.

What keeps the show (and the comic) afloat is the character development that happens throughout. If you have an episode (or a run of episodes) with weak character development, then the entire show suffers.

I'm interested to see how Rick and the group react to their current situation. How far are they willing to go to, um, not be eaten? They've provided mercy in the past -- is that off the table here for all involved? Will they take over Terminus and slaughter them all? Or try to turn some of the cannibals into allies? Can cannibals be sympathetic? Or will Rick's group just want to run away?

It's the group's reaction I'm really interested in seeing. Rick has embraced the monster inside, and clearly Carl has as well. Will the rest do so, too?
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703

And why didn't Daryl tell Rick that Beth was kidnapped? What's with all the secrecy? "Just gone." Really Daryl?

I initially thought the same thing with "just gone".....then I figured Dary's still pretty shook up about it and I'm pretty sure Rick understood Daryl's vibe and feels he explain when the time is right..... IMO...
  • Options
    curly said:

And why didn't Daryl tell Rick that Beth was kidnapped? What's with all the secrecy? "Just gone." Really Daryl?

I initially thought the same thing with "just gone".....then I figured Dary's still pretty shook up about it and I'm pretty sure Rick understood Daryl's vibe and feels he explain when the time is right..... IMO...
    Yeah, I agree with you, Curly. Plus, in Daryl's mind, she is "just gone." Maybe she's dead, maybe she's kidnapped, maybe she's found sanctuary. But at that moment, all Daryl knows and wanted to get into was that she was "just gone."

Makes sense to me.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 said:

I enjoyed most of the season finale, and I love the idea of introducing cannibals. But I don't think the finale was quite what it could have been. The whole "Rick needs to be a farmer so he doesn't turn into a monster!" thing felt odd, especially considering they haven't touched on that for, what, most of the season? As such, the flashbacks seemed a bit out of place.

Like most of you have commented, I was surprised no one of importance died. But I'm guessing during the Great Cannibal Breakout of Fall '14, there will be at least a couple high-profile deaths.

And is it just me, or was Rick and company pretty stupid all going in to Terminus together? I mean, if they were smart enough to bury some weapons, you'd think they'd be smart enough to have Michonne or Daryl hang back out of sight.

Also, hysterical: When the group first comes into Terminus, the leader guy noted "Albert must must be on perimeter." What? One guy for the entire perimeter? Give Albert a break -- Terminus is a big place!

I absolutely still love the show so I'm trying not to be too judgemental....
    but I'm in agreement here and its the first thing I said to my son as we finished it...
    I said..."why wouldn't only a few go in and a few hang back"?? that's pretty obvious IMO...

and the end of the prison....I was like "in the years they were there... they never talked about a meeting place if they all got split up?... like meet 10 miles north in this such and such town and even have a few meeting places where you could leave notes"...
    Daryl said on "talking dead show"... when asked about that very question...that the bus was their "fool proof plan" which I thought was a pretty lame answer...or he said something along them lines I recall...

either way,...its easy to sit back and judge/point.....from my couch....lol...

PSS... even though I love the show....I really wish it would pick up the pace a little like when it first started....
    it used to be action packed and moved....and every episode in season 1 ended on a cliff hanger...now at times they drag out story's for 2 - 3 episodes that are dull and boring... which makes it not fun to watch week to week...
    I just wish i could avoid all the spoilers and just buy the entire season on dvd when it comes out and watch it straight thru...
    It would be a much better show and would move way quicker that way...

I also heard they in talks of a full feature film for the cinema movie theatre of this show... not to mention as long as they have ratings...they wanna run this show 20 yrs + or longer....
    which many have noted...killing off Rick, glenn or Daryl right now would be ratings suicide....and i agree...
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,013
    One of the things i'm looking forward to is Rick and Abraham. Both are leaders, it will be interesting if one will try to be the 'leader' or if one will yield to the other. I don't see Glenn challenging Rick like he did Abraham, and Daryl won't either.

Abraham might think some of the town's people are good people in a bad place, but I don't know if Rick will be as forgiving after everything with the Governor. Escape might not be an option for Rick, kill every last one or else they might come after us...
  • Options
    Idris said:

Thought it was a weak season (with some good bits) but solid finale (with the exception of the last line of the episode by Rick)

Sorry but i loved the end quote....call it cheesy, i call it "well played"....as rick hasn't had the "confident/swagger" he once had trying to protect his family in awhile....i thought it was a "must" line so to speak to end the season....

but that's why we debate this.... to each his own....either way....still a great show...

• Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Hey! I love cheesy lines (sometimes), I just personally think that they could've (and should've) re worked that line, I mean it was quite a good episode, I was involved, and the build up to that last line was great, then out came the cheese, it just kinda made me laugh.

But I was toking up, soooo that could be the reason for the laugh.

Having said all that, I do see your point and I'm starting to agree with you...I mean the night before he ripped someone's neck with his mouth, that's pretty heavy.

Rick is a good guy, and when good people do things like that (even if they are justified) afterwards they are known to become fairly 'soft' to some degree, trying to rekindle their humanity they may of felt they lost during such an event.

hence the somewhat soft cheesy line the day after when faced with potential doom.

so in this way, it makes sense. But we'll (perhaps) know better once the new season starts.
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    OK so I didn't care for this last episode. It had a lot but I feel like it could have been more. Also, did anyone notice when Rick and them were running past the pile of bones. Darryl hears someone yelling for help from the 2 railcars stacked on top of each other. I swear it sounds like Carol & Tyrese!!! Darryl even stops and says "what the hell"? But then Rick says "go, run"....so they don't stop.

And good point to whoever said why did they go in as a group, someone should have stayed behind for sure!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    silver39 said:

OK so I didn't care for this last episode. It had a lot but I feel like it could have been more. Also, did anyone notice when Rick and them were running past the pile of bones. Darryl hears someone yelling for help from the 2 railcars stacked on top of each other. I swear it sounds like Carol & Tyrese!!! Darryl even stops and says "what the hell"? But then Rick says "go, run"....!!

Yes! And the box of powdered milk before they all get into the boxcar....
  • Options
    hammahamma Posts: 88
    I think the reason they didn't leave anyone outside they didn't want to be split up again with Daryl having lost Beth and just having found the group. Also they made a point to say that they were all starving.
  • Options
    hamma said:

I think the reason they didn't leave anyone outside they didn't want to be split up again with Daryl having lost Beth and just having found the group. Also they made a point to say that they were all starving.

Meh. Daryl knows how to hunt, and it'd be easier with only one person to feed on the outside. But I get the point of wanting to stick together after all they'd been through. I guess we can chalk it up to stupid human decision making. :P
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    coulda shoulda woulda's..... I've had umpteen thousands of them in my lives....
    it is easy to critique as we watch this show....so many have died so far and that's for sure on par as running around in the zombie apolipse,.... I'm sure the deaths would pile up....so I'm going back with my....going to kinda not try to critique so much but its fun to debate... until next season....we all have tto wait....ugh...
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Thanks dave!
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    after seeing the trailer....so ok Rick's ok with cannibals now and is going to team up with them?? And is Beth at a Military type hospital??
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    Trailer full of spoilers
  • Options
    One more week! :D

anyone ever see this show called "Z Nation" on the syfy network? I caught a few minutes of it, it was pretty bad i thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqbHm6RTHHM
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I saw it. Really bad. But so bad it was a little entertaining. That Zombie baby zipping around creating havoc when as a baby he/she wasn't even old enough to walk. Wonder how that works. :)
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options

I saw it. Really bad. But so bad it was a little entertaining. That Zombie baby zipping around creating havoc when as a baby he/she wasn't even old enough to walk. Wonder how that works. :)

:)) i didn't see that part. Only part i saw was some chick luring some dude into making out with her then she stabbed him or something like that.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    Very excited about TWD this Sunday! And tonight I get to watch the new Supernatural season 10 premiere! Yes, sir...all geeked out for Halloween. :)
  • Options
    silver39 said:

after seeing the trailer....so ok Rick's ok with cannibals now and is going to team up with them?? And is Beth at a Military type hospital??

Beth got taken when her and Darryl were at the funeral home--I think. As far as I know they never let on where she was taken to. But I do think it would be cool if Beth and Darryl hooked up later in the season--just sayin'.

• Options
    Great season opener :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA