Options

Disney Movies

Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Any fans out there that love them now or when they were a kid? My little brother is getting into the classics and we watched Beauty and the Beast today. He enjoyed it. He really loves The Lion King. What were some of your favorites? I always loved Fox and the Hound, Peter Pan, and Toy Story.

EDIT: Forgot to add The Lion King to my favorites.
Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
"Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    evmanevman Posts: 55
    all time favorite and still is flight of the navigator
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    The Great Mouse Detective.
  • Options
    makes me wish I had a working VCR
    Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?

I'll not lose my faith, it's an inside job today

St. Louis 5/4/10 Hope for many more!
  • Options
    lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,281
    evman wrote:
    all time favorite and still is flight of the navigator

i was thinking of this movie the other day but couldn't remember the name of it. we had it recorded on a vhs and watched it all the time.
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• Options
    I think this is due to the jellyfish phenomenon. :)
    Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them." -- Albert Einstein

10/31/09 Philly, 05/09/10 Cleveland
  • Options
    I always loved the Disney movies, and I still enjoy the Disney Pixar movies.

My son is just starting to get into movies, so I'll get to watch all of the classics again.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGMCg0bsv9g

Disney keeping the heart young!
    The movies for me, next to nature itself, are just one of the very best parts of life :D
  • Options
    The Lion King was the first ever movie I saw in theaters. I remember seeing it twice. I've always loved it since that first time watching it.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGMCg0bsv9g

Disney keeping the heart young!
    The movies for me, next to nature itself, are just one of the very best parts of life :D

Wow! Thanks for that video!

Disney has definitely been a big part of my life. I know I will be showing my kids the classics when they're very young.
  • Options
    I love Disney movies! Aladdin was the first movie I ever saw in theatres...and it freaked me the fuck out when the Genie first came out of the lamp, haha! I'm lucky enough to have little cousins living in the area who I can take to see kids' movies without feeling like a loser. Although a huge group of us adult folks went to see UP! without any kids tagging along.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    aladdin_jasmine.jpg
  • Options
    aladdin_jasmine.jpg
    Also one of my favorites. I have so many.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    God you people make me feel old. I can't consider 90s movies as classical movies. The Lion King came out when I was a teenager. I think Vs. was just released! I had no desire to see it.

When I think of classical Disney, I think Snow White, Cinderella, Bambi.. Stuff before my time.
  • Options
    disney pixar released some of the most essential films of the decade. all rival and or top many of the films released this decade.

wall-e, up, and toy story 3 are easily 3 of the best films ive ever seen. they are human and emotional in ways even non kids movies rarely are.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    It is my firm belief that you are NEVER too old for a Disney movie!!! So many great ones, with these being my favorites: Lion King, Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Toy Story, The Littler Mermaid :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    My all time favorite Disney movie growing up was Pinnochio. I still love it today. I hate how Disney only releases their movies every 7 or 8 years or so. I understand the marketing technique behind it. I had Pinnochio on VHS back in the early 90's and the first time I was able to own it on DVD was in 08 or 09 when I was like 27 or so.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    disney pixar released some of the most essential films of the decade. all rival and or top many of the films released this decade.

wall-e, up, and toy story 3 are easily 3 of the best films ive ever seen. they are human and emotional in ways even non kids movies rarely are.

Toy Story 3 might easily be the greatest animated film made. I wonder if the Academy will have it in the Best Picture category.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,880
    are awesome. Not including Pixar which really haven't put out a bad movie (although I have never seen A Bug's Life) some of my favs are:

the classics like Fantasia, Snow White, Alice In Wonderland, Lady & The Tramp, The Parent Trap (original) and a few others

"newer" ones:
    Lion King
    The Fox & The Hound
    Flight Of The Navigator
    The Muppet movies
    Honey I Shrunk The Kids
    Mighty Ducks
    Pirates Of The Caribbean
    The Emperor's New Groove
    Heavyweights
    Lilo & Stitch
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    are awesome. Not including Pixar which really haven't put out a bad movie (although I have never seen A Bug's Life) some of my favs are:

the classics like Fantasia, Snow White, Alice In Wonderland, Lady & The Tramp, The Parent Trap (original) and a few others

"newer" ones:
    Lion King
    The Fox & The Hound
    Flight Of The Navigator
    The Muppet movies
    Honey I Shrunk The Kids
    Mighty Ducks
    Pirates Of The Caribbean
    The Emperor's New Groove
    Heavyweights
    Lilo & Stitch
    A Bug's Life is probably Pixar's weakest film. It's good but compared to the other Pixar movies, it's dead last.
  • Options
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    "UP" my new favorite
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GroDErHIM_0
    and his adventure just begins!
  • Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    Love the disney movies!! However..why is it the mothers
    are always dead or die?

Snow White
    Bambi
    Cinderella
    Finding Nemo
    Lilo and Stich (BOTH parents are dead)
    and the list goes on!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    Boo Boo wrote:
    Love the disney movies!! However..why is it the mothers
    are always dead or die?

Snow White
    Bambi
    Cinderella
    Finding Nemo
    Lilo and Stich (BOTH parents are dead)
    and the list goes on!

I think the later ones are marketed for single dad's, that have weekend costudy of the kids, so naturally the kid can expect mcdonalds and a movie atleast every other weekend, the dad's tries to make up for not being there by spoiling the kid and movie studios have figured this out.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    God you people make me feel old. I can't consider 90s movies as classical movies. The Lion King came out when I was a teenager. I think Vs. was just released! I had no desire to see it.

When I think of classical Disney, I think Snow White, Cinderella, Bambi.. Stuff before my time.
    FANTASIA

cant believe that wasn't mentioned-the greatest Disney movie movie ever made

yup, we are old.
    I like the pixar stuff, not as corny as some of the old disney movies
    incredibles was good
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    What the hell is wrong with you people? :evil:

Where is the love for my favorites at?
    Robin Hood & Sword in the Stone are frickin awesome.

Sir Hiss? He was funny as hell when i was a kid.
    16993-16138.gif?w=320&h=240
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Newch91 wrote:
    Toy Story 3 might easily be the greatest animated film made. I wonder if the Academy will have it in the Best Picture category.
    I assume it will get nominated now that they do 10 nominees.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    intodeep wrote:

Yesssss!!!!!! Robin Hood is my favorite of all the disney movies. Still gets some viewing at my house.

The kids favorites through the last few years have been:

Mulan
    Toy Story (1-3)
    Lion King
    Finding Nemo
    Tron
    Wall-E
    Lilo & Stich

Although I've got two girls, neither of them go for the Princess movies. The ones that really get the most play are the Miyazaki films that Disney released domestically. Ponyo, Spirited Away, Howls Moving Castle, etc. are really well done animated films.

Also we netflixed Pete's Dragon a few weeks ago since I hadn't seen it in forever. Boy, was that a bad movie.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    merkinball wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Yesssss!!!!!! Robin Hood is my favorite of all the disney movies. Still gets some viewing at my house.

Robin Hood and Little John walking through the forest
    Laughing back and forth at what the other has to say

Excellent choice!
  • Options
    Also we netflixed Pete's Dragon a few weeks ago since I hadn't seen it in forever. Boy, was that a bad movie.

i used to love Pete's Dragon, sad it doesn't hold up.
    Also used to love

D23_BlackHole-thumb-330x247-21713.jpg

but it doesnt hold up.
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Black Hole! We were actually thinking about renting it. Maybe not.....
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball