EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Come on theserialthrilla. I've gone all day with no reply in this thread.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i say when we win the ashes series, we swipe that little urn... screw that waterford crystal trophy... and bring it back to australia. surely someone can slip it into their pocket. then dare them to come get it back. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    i say when we win the ashes series, we swipe that little urn... screw that waterford crystal trophy... and bring it back to australia. surely someone can slip it into their pocket. then dare them to come get it back. 8-)

Might not get through customs. See we have standards in this country. Meaning; Some of the poms might not get through either.

glenn-mcgrath-129034.jpg

australia-ashes-win.jpg

wbCRICponting_wideweb__470x306,0.jpg
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    Slightly off the topic of Ashes, I got invited to the one dayer between Aust and Sri Lanka next Friday. A good chance at going, not 100% sure. Free and in the members, meaning; Full Strength beer mother fuckers.....

(I realise, it is probably only the scg with its ban on full strength beer, because of the Barmy Army. But when you get it, it is oh so sweet)
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjfan31 wrote:

Might not get through customs. See we have standards in this country. Meaning; Some of the poms might not get through either.

glenn-mcgrath-129034.jpg

australia-ashes-win.jpg

wbCRICponting_wideweb__470x306,0.jpg

the past is the past ..

ashes to ashes
    dust to dust
    we got the ashes
    you got a lot of dust
    jeez thrilla i hope your team plays cricket better than you do poetry.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Ashes can restore cricket credibility: Flower
    (AFP) – 3 hours ago

LONDON — England coach Andy Flower believes the upcoming Ashes series can help restore some of cricket's credibility after a scandal-tainted summer.

Allegations of corruption tarnished cricket's image during Pakistan's recent tour of England, with three players suspended after allegedly plotting to bowl deliberate no balls for cash. All three Pakistani players deny the allegations.

The saga, which has led to suspicions being raised about a series of other matches, has continued to cast a shadow over the sport.

Flower believes however that England and Australia can provide a showcase for cricket when the latest instalment of their historic rivalry gets under way with the first Test in Brisbane on November 25.

"The second half of the summer was bad for the game, there's no doubt about that," Flower said.

"But I think the series that Australia have just had in India was an excellent Test series, albeit only two matches long.

"With the inevitable scrutiny on an Ashes series, it should be a great spectacle for people.

"We all have a responsibility to the game to make sure its image is strong and healthy."

Flower meanwhile is trying to dampen down the hype surrounding the forthcoming series, where England will attempt to win the Ashes on Australian soil for the first time in more than 20 years.

"It is important for our guys to keep it all in perspective," Flower said. "Beating the Australians, we will have to be at our best to do that.

"We're willing to take that on and confront it fully.

"But I do ask them to keep things in perspective because I think that's the best way to go about this job. If you don't, you can build it up into something bigger than it is."

Flower said he was hoping to strip away the intimidating mystique of trying to beat Australia on their home soil, instead encouraging his players to look forward to the series as a career highlight.

"I don't think there's anything to be afraid of in Australia," he said.

"It's actually a tour that should be welcomed; it should be one of the highlights of people's cricketing careers, to go on an Ashes tour of Australia.

"That means enjoying the challenges that you face on the field and also enjoying seeing another country, seeing another culture, meeting new people."
  • Hosted by Back to Google NewsAnderson fit for Ashes opener: Flower
    (AFP) – 21 hours ago

LONDON — Injured strike bowler James Anderson is winning his race to be fit for England's opening Ashes series Test match in Brisbane next month, team director Andy Flower revealed Monday.

Speaking to journalists in London, Flower said Anderson was recovering well after cracking a rib during a controversial boxing session with team-mates at England's recent training camp in Germany.

Anderson may even be fit for some of the warm-up games leading into the first Test, which gets under way on November 25, Flower said.

"He's already bowling at 75 percent, so he should be fine for the first Test," Flower said.

"More than likely, he'll be okay for two of those warm-up games."

Anderson was crocked after being hit by a team-mate -- reportedly Chris Tremlett -- during an unorthodox training camp that has been criticised as unnecessarily risky so close to the Ashes.

However, Flower insisted he had no regrets about the camp.

"No, none at all," he said. "It's was an excellent camp, actually, and I think the players and management that were involved in it did things that they might never have done before in their lives and might never do again, and it was a very healthy experience."

Flower also dismissed description of the training exercise as a boot camp.

"The term 'boot camp' is associated with punishment in some way," he said.

"I might do some stupid things in my time but punishing players - and over five days - is not one of them. Obviously, Jim getting injured was not part of the plan, but these things happen."

Flower meanwhile said he was not concerned by the patchy form of star batsman Kevin Pietersen, who has not scored a Test century since March 2009.

Pietersen's attempt to play his way into form during a recent stint in South Africa with Natal also flopped, with the batsman scoring only 36 and a second ball duck during two first-class innings.

"He's very well; he enjoyed his trip to South Africa; and he's in a very good state of mind ready for the tour," Flower said.

"He didn't get many opportunities (for Natal). Unfortunately, the way the games panned out, he only got one innings in each game.

"But he did some really good work with the Natal side and I think it would've stood him in good stead.

"He feels good about his cricket; he feels confident going into Australia."

Flower also tipped Pietersen to respond to the pressure of playing in an Ashes series.

"He wants to make a big contribution and this is a great stage on which to do it," he said. "I expect even greater things from him than what he's done already, so I look forward to seeing him do that.

"I don't think he's on the downward trend."
    :( :( :( :(
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    cricket eh...i'll take south africa
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 just think of it as baseball but with alot more skill and with out the over paid pitchers.

i've seen highlights...i'm good to go on the game. :lol:

actually, if it was on tv, i would take a peek to see what it's all about.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • please only watch when we are beating the australians.. i cant take the banter from your side of the pond as well. ;)

but im sure your be safe to watch at any time this tour as the oz team look washed out :P
    please only watch when we are beating the australians.. i cant take the banter from your side of the pond as well. ;)

but im sure your be safe to watch at any time this tour as the oz team look washed out :P

Haha, a poet and now a comedian too? is there any other hiddent talents we should know about?

Seriously....

Watson (in fine form, great when the ball is reverse swinging, a skill he picked up last summer)
    Katich (one of the most successful openers in Aust history, and that is even comparing him to Langer & Hayden)
    Ponting (say no more)
    Clarke (If he finds his ashes 2009 form he will be good)
    Hussey (needs to improve his form, but never doubt him)
    North (um......)
    Haddin (one of the better keeper batsmen in the world)
    Johnson (just wait till you see him at his best. eg vs sth africa at Waca he took 8for, that day he arrvied in int cricket)
    Hauritz..... (um.....)
    Hilfenhaus (Great new ball bowler)
    Dougie Bollinger (watch out for this guy, if he is fit, I think he will be the player to watch he's taken 49 wickets @23.79 in 11 tests where as your sissy little mate broad has played triple the tests, taken less than double his wickets and is averaging 34.30)

australia-map-flag.jpg
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Seriously....

Watson (in fine form, great when the ball is reverse swinging, a skill he picked up last summer) :?
    :? :? :? seems to get to 40-50 but never presses on of late.

Katich (one of the most successful openers in Aust history, and that is even comparing him to Langer & Hayden) ok thats fair enough

Ponting (say no more) NO MORE.. ;) and seems to be loosing it on the field as a captain scratching head think who do i bowl

Clarke (If he finds his ashes 2009 form he will be good) IF IF IF IF AND NEVER THE NEXT CAPTAIN

Hussey (needs to improve his form, but never doubt him)0-20 or 100 gotto get him early

North (um......)can score fast but also can throw himself on his sword well bat :lol:

Haddin (one of the better keeper batsmen in the world)but not the best.we have him :|

Johnson (just wait till you see him at his best. eg vs sth africa at Waca he took 8for, that day he arrvied in int cricket)you got a good memory how long ago was that.hes looks to blow cold more then hot to me..has 1 good test in 5..but that one he seems to win the match by himself..crap in the field

Hauritz..... (um.....)yeah ummm he looks like he can do it but .hes got big boots to fill..

Hilfenhaus (Great new ball bowler)i agree but does pointing never bowls him enough..needs new ball more

Dougie Bollinger (watch out for this guy, if he is fit, I think he will be the player to watch he's taken 49 wickets @23.79 in 11 tests where as your sissy little mate broad has played triple the tests, taken less than double his wickets and is averaging 34.30) will take your word as ive not seen much of him..
    Can I say thank you for a well informed opinion.

Thing I like about Dougie is that he makes batsman play, more often than not. And if your playing at the ball, there is more chance you will get out.

Johnson was 2 seasons ago. He followed it up with a good tour to south africa. Im looking forward to it, less than a month to go.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Your ass is grass!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

:lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    please only watch when we are beating the australians.. i cant take the banter from your side of the pond as well. ;)

Dear serialthriller,

Another outburst like the one quoted above and this will be me and you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO2DRjLuXOg

Fancy yourself in bandit country?

Lemon...spell it you c***

Regards,
    T_A

I hope they don't Cate
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    Anyone manage to see the tower of London today????

Looking good.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Anyone manage to see the tower of London today????

Looking good.

Provocation! :twisted:
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    Seriously....

Watson (in fine form, great when the ball is reverse swinging, a skill he picked up last summer) :?
    :? :? :? seems to get to 40-50 but never presses on of late.

he made 2x 100s in the tour match in india and followed up with 126, 56, 57, 32. sooo, 3x 100s and 2x 50s in his last 6 inns. and also a brilliant summer here last yr vs WI and PAK as opener. danger man of the series and the only australian to have any form of consistency with the bat in the last 12mths.

Katich (one of the most successful openers in Aust history, and that is even comparing him to Langer & Hayden) ok thats fair enough

has done nothing recently and is out of form.

Ponting (say no more) NO MORE.. ;) and seems to be loosing it on the field as a captain scratching head think who do i bowl

loves a 70 of late (made 3 in india i think in 4inns?), but hasnt pushed on for what seems like yrs. has been an average captain at best.

Clarke (If he finds his ashes 2009 form he will be good) IF IF IF IF AND NEVER THE NEXT CAPTAIN

out of form. needs to find something and soon

Hussey (needs to improve his form, but never doubt him)0-20 or 100 gotto get him early

hussey is an interesting one. looks good but then keeps finding a way to get out cheaply. his 2020 and 1 day form probably saving him at the moment. and the fact that north is so shit. no way will selectors make 2 changes in the top 6. thats what will save him.

North (um......)can score fast but also can throw himself on his sword well bat :lol:

dunno about those fast runs you speak of. cant recall any! i cant stand north. gets a ton to give him another go, but dont worry about the 20 failures before that. i cheered when he got out for the most boring 75 at he gabba last yr. put klinger, kawaja, ferguson (most early season shield runs permitting) in at 6.

Haddin (one of the better keeper batsmen in the world)but not the best.we have him :|

hadds is a quality keeper batsman. hes no gilly, but has had an unlucky run with injuries of late. not the best keeper in australia, but is good enough for test cricket. paine is an adequate replacement despite being the 3rd or 4th best keeper in the land, and is aided by his reliability with the bat.

Johnson (just wait till you see him at his best. eg vs sth africa at Waca he took 8for, that day he arrvied in int cricket)you got a good memory how long ago was that.hes looks to blow cold more then hot to me..has 1 good test in 5..but that one he seems to win the match by himself..crap in the field

when mitch is practising instead of getting shithouse gay sleeve tats, hes our most threatening bowler. but we havent seen much of that sth afica tour form since.. well... THAT south african tour. even his batting has taken a big downward slide. christ, he tonned up in that series but has looked a shadow of the "handy #8" that he was 2 yrs ago. needs to bowl at a more consistant length. bowls waaay too many loose wide balls to take the pressure off. and whats with those friggen wiiiide balls outside off that land on the return crease and end up in front of 1st slip?

Hauritz..... (um.....)yeah ummm he looks like he can do it but .hes got big boots to fill..

poor horry. why dont we have any spinners in this country? with generation Y coming thru the ranks, at a time when warney was at his peak, all the children in australia shouldve been bowling leggies. but they havent, or they realised that its a lot harder than wanrey made it look, and they gave up. but yeh, horrys ok, but has never won us a game (that scg test was rigged as we know). needs to watch vettori to learn how to vary flight, length, pace and turn to be a quality finger spinner.

Hilfenhaus (Great new ball bowler)i agree but does pointing never bowls him enough..needs new ball more

hilf is quality. and yes needs to be bowled more by our inept captain.

Dougie Bollinger (watch out for this guy, if he is fit, I think he will be the player to watch he's taken 49 wickets @23.79 in 11 tests where as your sissy little mate broad has played triple the tests, taken less than double his wickets and is averaging 34.30) will take your word as ive not seen much of him..[/quote]

we all love doug the rug. and rightly so. if fit will be our most threatening quick.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
    Admittedly Katich had a lean tour of India, but he is averaging just under 54 for 2010. So, I think anyone would take that,

I would have him in my team everyday of the week.

Similar to Langer, I believe there is room for a Katich/Langer style player in every form of the game. And yes, including 20/20. Have one opener who can dash, score some runs, tick the scoreboard over(watson, gayle, Hayden, Sehwag etc), then have another bloke if things go pear shape to knuckle down, and see out the new ball swing etc. And in terms of 20/20, I've seen Katich play an awesome 20/20 tournament when NSW played in the champions league, so he is capable.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:

I hope they don't Cate

even if they do, it still means theyll not be good enough to beat us. ;)8-)

last night a cricket advert came on the tv and i groaned and said ugh test cricket.. the most boring sport in the world to watch. and the zoemonster says.. OMG no. watching teachers play soccer is the most boring sport in the world. we agreed to disagree. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Well Cate, you would have enjoyed watching me when I played....

Always tried to keep the crowd entertained.

When I batted it was either a hit out or get our mentality (was a tailender). As the fast bowler would run in, I had visions of hitting him straight over his head. usually resulted in me either getting bowled or holding out at mid/long on. So I usually made a quickfire 8 or so... back on the sidelines before I worked up a sweat.

(In a semi-final, I faced a hatrick ball about 3 fielders in so close I could touch them with my bat, and I skipped down the pitch and hit the quick over mid wicket)

When I bowled, If I wasn't taking wickets I was going for runs. So plenty of good days, but some not so good days, so when I was on it was either going to result in wickets or result in runs. (I aimed to keep the crowd entertained)

And when I fielded, well I sledged, and sledged, and sledged. Made fun of batsmans techniques, assured the tailenders that I'd told our fastest bowler to just bowl bouncers, shouted out every cliche I could think of 'at his toes or at his nose, swinging like a rusty gate, this bloke couldn't score in a brothel, He's driving like hes on his Ls.

This ensured I got plenty back when I batted, both sledges and bruises, but at the end of it all I had the respect (well I think) of opponents and in my last year of cricket I won sportsman of the whole club. (about 30 teams) haha, still don't know how I pulled that off. Must have been my batting average for that season. I think it was about 8.5 hah
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    haha reliving the glory days much, pjfan? :P
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
    haha reliving the glory days much, pjfan? :P

haha, it was nice....

Sit back, get a cuppa and let me tell you about 'that catch'....

It was a hot summers day, not a cloud in the sky. The birds were chirping......
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014