Stae of Love & Disgust

2»

Comments

• Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    j-bird wrote:
    its not an attack, its an observation, it really isnt about the goods'
    or the guitar' or the poster'

and when i see folks foaming at the mouth and missing the point....

the real point''''''

the mounting bills and financial obligations and real life stresses that come with these circumstance...i become outraged, not one post prior to my rant had but a mere concern.thought, or care inthe world about the real issue at hand.....

its like all you do is WANT for Christmas

i WANTthis guitar
    I want the poster

what poster is it.....blahblahblah.....

I WANT KIM TO HAVE AFFORDABLE healthcare!!!!
    i WANT EVERYONE TO HAVE AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE
    i WANT KIM healed FOR CHRSITMAS!!!

and I WANT you to sit back, relax and think about this......

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO SHOW YOUR SPIRIT???
    WHERE IS YOUR TEEN SPIRIT or is it all about
    what you buy and what you sell.....

dont reply, just think about what im saying....

glory mind so hypnotized'
    '
    stop your trying to kill my mind i can do it on my own'
    can you say fillabustering? i knew you could. . .
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    but you do type fast, i'll give you that
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    j-bird wrote:
    i refer to those in love ya!!!

2323 thanks for the support!

There ya go! Get some positivity going on in here :) Now that I understand what the hell you're talking about, I can sympathize with your point.

However, I don't know Kim, never been to the Cha Cha, and never listened to the Fastbacks. I'm neither a fan nor a friend, but I dig PJ and would be willing to drop a good chunk of change for a cause they support, especially if I get a crack at some classic memorabilia in exchange.

It just seems silly to discourage people from contributing to the cause if you actually cared about Kim. If you're so concerned, why don't you cough up the cash she needs for her expenses? If you can't, why criticize those who are willing to help her in a way you can't?
    Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I’m
    delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
  • Options
    This is the weirdest thread ever. One angry dude and a bunch of people trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

J, rock on man but you're confusing the shit out of us. If I follow your, uh, argument you're upset people want the package? Instead of attacking the issue at hand? But isn't that the point of the auction, to take advantage of people's want of rare PJ items to benefit this person? If, under the thread about the auction, everyone just ranted about the ills of our society it would kind of defeat the purpose, no?

I'm gonna go check out the christmas single thread...

Edit: That was my 69th post, haha.
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Options
    j-birdj-bird Posts: 40
    if your discouraged, its not due to my posts....
    i am not discouraging anyone, i am saying the point of the
    AUCTION
    is not , in any way shape or form about the merchandise'

its about helping another person....

and when those few speak out in great acclaim towards the gear i cant help but mention the obvious'

its all about Kim, not You, not pj, and not you and your disposable income
    (what a joke:)
    or the frackin guitar

is it about the gift or the gift of giving?
  • Options
    23232323 Posts: 26
    say what you want, the auction is already at $13,500. Not bad..and I am sure Kim very much appreciates Ed's help, as well as the help of all the PJ fans who are helping her out. :)
  • Options
    j-bird wrote:
    AUCTION

and when those few speak out in great acclaim towards the gear i cant help but mention the obvious'

or the frackin guitar

No, the CAUSE is Kim. This is an auction, not a pledge drive. I see you're trying really hard there, but your flaccid argument and disjointed writing style make it really difficult to follow your train of thought. The fact that so many people want the guitar is a GOOD THING. Denounce their materialistic impulses all you want, but more people bidding for the guitar means more money that ultimately goes to Kim's healthcare. This thread is pointless and self-defeating. And by continuously spouting "this is not for you! You poser!" and "disposable income is a joke!" you only come off as a very confused, very bitter individual with a less-than-steady grasp on the English language.
  • Options
    maybe its over your heads'

i simply was amazed that in the same breath we are told of a guitar for auction and a person in need of some christmas spirit' and all the posts and thoughts have been about

money
    or lack of.....

or where the guitar was last played....

or what pose the boys are doing in the poster.....

the point is missed, time and time again, and if i ruffled some feathers
    maybe, just maybe those wings still can open up and fly....meaning
    maybe i am getting through.....

one more time
    for the hearing impaired
    i ask

is it about the guiter (gift)
    or the act of giving(donation)

it just seemed like most folks were focused on the gift and i wanted to change that....i hope i have.....good luck out there......
  • Options
    as for my writing style and your lack of understanding....tough luck

2plus2 is 4
    if you cant figure this out , then move on

and it is not pointless...i think i made my point

and this is a message pit, and has NOTHING to do with the auction board....
    and the main idea is

once again

some folks want the gift.....
    but its the giving that really is the gift....

go get your guitar and go write a song....

but i did leave a mark.....

and i know the charity will be plentiful and the giver shall be an angel.
  • Options
    j-bird wrote:
    AUCTION

or the frackin guitar

I disagree with your frame of reference.

An auction is a mechanism for maximizing cash revenue generated in exchange for an object with unknown value. As was highlighted in the auction thread before your rants, you can donate to Kim directly without participating in the auction (for some reason, you seem to ignore the 5-6 posts before yours expressing concern for Kim and identifying how folks who aren't participating in the auction can help her directly).

The auction is all about guitar and the benjamins and, in turn, purely about PJ and the fan with the most disposable income. There's no joke, it's just reality. The cause is Kim's health so the more fans go gaga over the gift, the better off she will be made and everyone wins.
    Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I’m
    delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
  • Options
    SilverSeed wrote:
    This is the weirdest thread ever. One angry dude and a bunch of people trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

J, rock on man but you're confusing the shit out of us. If I follow your, uh, argument you're upset people want the package? Instead of attacking the issue at hand? But isn't that the point of the auction, to take advantage of people's want of rare PJ items to benefit this person? If, under the thread about the auction, everyone just ranted about the ills of our society it would kind of defeat the purpose, no?

I'm gonna go check out the christmas single thread...

Edit: That was my 69th post, haha.

...just to clear this up

WRONG
    and
    NO

does that answer your question...it has nothing to do with people wanting the package.....its the foaming at the mouth over what item is up for sale and the lack of thought concerning the issue at hand, the reason for the auction....that is communciated in their posts.....

and if you dont rant about the ills here, in the pearljam pit, where
    are you suppose to....this is what this is about, pearl jam is about ranting and raging about the ills of society, and ewhen i speak of
    poser i refer to those who dont understand this....this pit is made for this, and so is the music, no?

as i said before, in my best pearljam voice

this is not for you....

move along....