Options

A drunken review of 8 (repost b/c people are dumb)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    edited July 2017
    Post edited by Sea on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
    I just finished the review while drinking Natty. I agree that "World Wide Suicide" (still trying to figure out why "world" and "wide" are two words and why "Faithfull" has two "L's") is the strongest song on the record.

Fanch, as always, a job well-done. Cheers to you, pal!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    come on dont turn this thread into discussion of "gay"!
    PEARL JAM is freakin CRAZINESS!!!!
    gay mean hapy which i am mos defanetly NOT plz quit ignorgn me n folow up with teh senetenesc that mak revews of falure
  • Options
    MerkingBoyMerkingBoy Posts: 249
    gay mean hapy which i am mos defanetly NOT plz quit ignorgn me n folow up with teh senetenesc that mak revews of falure
    ahhh yes, so V mete agin! u best B studieng 4 fynel X'amz!
  • Options
    given2fly10given2fly10 Posts: 485
    is this english or what
    And he still gives his love, he just gives it away, The love he receives is the love that is saved, And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky, A human being that was given to fly

no bed=no brian

coke sucks
  • Options
    is this english or what
    4gev hym...he'z n colage.
  • Options
    MerkingBoy wrote:
    4gev hym...he'z n colage.
    oh fo shizzle. my bad homie
    And he still gives his love, he just gives it away, The love he receives is the love that is saved, And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky, A human being that was given to fly

no bed=no brian

coke sucks
  • Options
    dud i dun mock u y u gotta mokc wit me? cant we jus enjoy teh gret music of pj n othesr in peece witout fiting al the tiem?? srersly wat is with u pople?
  • Options
    dud i dun mock u y u gotta mokc wit me? cant we jus enjoy teh gret music of pj n othesr in peece witout fiting al the tiem?? srersly wat is with u pople?
    bro cause your typing suck ass. stop with the high school talk shit

no bed=no brian

coke sucks
  • Options
    1ze agin, he'iz n colage! gev hym a braek! it iz da taech'rz fahlt!
  • Options
    r u rely that imature that u think i shuldnt be alowed to lisetn to good music jus cuz i dont spel good? fans r fans regradles. growup or shuptup imo. nobdy wants to here u complan.
  • Options
    r u rely that imature that u think i shuldnt be alowed to lisetn to good music jus cuz i dont spel good? fans r fans regradles. growup or shuptup imo. nobdy wants to here u complan.
    bro im just being a wise ass to ya, its all good

no bed=no brian

coke sucks
  • Options
    u 2 shuld totollie maek oot!
  • Options
    Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    this thread should have stayed dead...not funny enough for a repeat.
    the Minions
  • Options
    this thread should have stayed dead...not funny enough for a repeat.
    very strange indeed!
  • Options
    got the drunken review of yield around anywhere?
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,250
    Awesome!

Been missing the Fancy/Natty Light reviews!
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    BUMP.   Like a big, fine white ass.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,928
    edited July 2017
    Post edited by Sea on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    #evenbros
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,672
    I've never heard it referred to as "8" before.  Learn something new everyday.

I've long thought of it as one of PJ's better albums (obviously, see my "signature").   Hope to have it on vinyl one of these days!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BlkFlgBlkFlg Posts: 27
    BUMP FOR BROTHER FANCHY!
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,764
    What in the dear lord has gone on here?

There is so much to unpack.  It's funny because it is well written from a completely 1960s National Lampoons way.  It is also terrifying because there is a way to see this as "real", I know people like this except they got their Natty's at 7 Eleven.

What in the hell did people do to get their posts edited by mods compared to the original post?

It is also nearly a decade later.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    Hard to Imagine this album was 15 years ago.....
  • Options
    This is fucking brilliant and it all makes sense now....

"This big holy fight began, and God left the premises, wondering why they wouldn’t just drink the natty and move on ya know? Years later, that case of natty they were drinking was found buried under the sand, unfinished. If they had just drank their natty instead of fighting over dumb shit, then shit woulda been aight. But no. So, Natural Light IS the Marker in the Sand. When you listen to it knowing this, it makes total sense. "
  • Options
    8 Camaros out of 10!! 

The 2006 Tour was fun...

GONE – If MFC hit RVM from behind and they had a kid, it’d be GONE. Fuckin’ A, this song is great. I can just hear it cruising with the top down. I like the escapism theme that Pearl Jam explores here and there, just driving off with a tune to someplace. It’s kind of like you had a bad day, you leave work to say fuck it, but instead you end up at Bobby’s (see SEVERED HAND). Cool chorus a la IN HIDING (which wasn’t about Bobby’s). Anyway, this song is cool, make me think of the awesome touring year of 2006. 8 Camaros out of 10.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I had to log in after lo these many years just to day this was one of my all time favorite threads. Carry on. 
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13