edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
my five year old starts kindergarten today

yay!

only problem-he doesnt want to go!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Not uncommon, he doesn't want to be separated from you. That will pass after a few days.
    When you think about it, it's pretty scary stuff.
    Maybe you can plan something he really likes to do with you once he's home, something special.
    Then maybe soon a new friend from school can come for a play date.
    That's the best part of school, making friends.
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    my kids go back wednesday finally. i started college two weeks ago after being out for 25 years so yeah i know the feeling of not wanting to go
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    I'll trade with anyone who doesn't want to go back to school if they'll go to work for me.

Wait _ if it means that I have to deal again with teen angst, peer pressure and really awkward social skills, forget it.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    Gosh, you guys are lucky my son started back on 8/19, I wish he had those extra weeks of summer. He's in first grade this year, you'll be surprised at how much your little one will learn this year. Enjoy it, mine has apparently decided first grade is big kid world, I sometime wait to make sure he gets in the building if the duty teacher isn't out and he as made it known to me that this is not cool. Another tragedy is I started grad school this year. :( Anyway, mine loved kindergarten so we never had any trouble, but I think after the first week the kids that did was passed it and was excited about school.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    I'll trade with anyone who doesn't want to go back to school if they'll go to work for me.

I'll second that!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    thanks for the encouragement
    I cant get him to get on the bus (which 99% of the students use)
    and he held on to my leg and hid behind me until the TA gave him a box of crayons, then I slipped away.
    Ive been trying to make it as fun as possible for him, but this happens with every new activity-I am sure he will be fine in a week or so.

Good thing is that its a small class-15 kids-a teacher and two aides-5 to 1 ratio-I find that to be incredible-so im sure he will settle in.
  • Options
    Today's my first day of graduate school! Yay!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

Wait _ if it means that I have to deal again with teen angst, peer pressure and really awkward social skills, forget it.

I hated school, i like work better, if i have to do something, i wana get paid for it!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Today's my first day of graduate school! Yay!
    Woo-hoo!!

did your mommy cry???? :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

yay!

We had the same with my daughter this AM, a complete melt-down, I had to pull her off my wife's leg... This is the first year all my kids are now in school...

I think my wife needs more comfort than my kids :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

yay!

We had the same with my daughter this AM, a complete melt-down, I had to pull her off my wife's leg... This is the first year all my kids are now in school...

all that spare time shes got ...watch that visa bill :lol:
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

yay!

no melt down, but same deal with the leg :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    LauriLauri Posts: 748

me too, I'm willing to make a deal with any frightened 5 year olds out there! They honestly could probably do just as well at my job as I do...
  • Options
    I hear you Adam i remember those days it will get better ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    he will be fine and enjoy it

transitions are always a challenge for my boy
    its fun to watch though!
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    he will be fine and enjoy it

transitions are always a challenge for my boy
    its fun to watch though!

I was always more nervous about the whole transition thing then my wife, next yr my daughter goes into FUCKING HIGHSCHOOL :shock: and my son will be a Junior i'm old mi amigo :lol::lol: ..
  • Options

I was always more nervous about the whole transition thing then my wife, next yr my daughter goes into FUCKING HIGHSCHOOL :shock: and my son will be a Junior i'm old mi amigo :lol::lol: ..
    Im old too my friend, I just waited a long time to have the rugrats!

Daughter in high school-sweet jesus! Refill that Xanax prescription :lol::lol::lol:
    http://www.ymoshop.com/index.php?main_p ... s_id=13518
    you may need one of these! :lol::lol:
    padlocks :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

Im old too my friend, I just waited a long time to have the rugrats!

Daughter in high school-sweet jesus! Refill that Xanax prescription :lol::lol::lol:
    http://www.ymoshop.com/index.php?main_p ... s_id=13518
    you may need one of these! :lol::lol:
    padlocks :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I Just wan't to run away it's all good though as long as they are healthy no :) Good luck bro ..
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    It seems most parents love when school is in session, but I always hated when my kids had to go back to school because then we had to be more stuctured.
    Like, when in summer, I didn't have to worry about bedtimes, getting them up im time, and all that stuff. Summmer break was so care free, for me too, not only the kids.
    Anyone else feel that way?
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    It seems most parents love when school is in session, but I always hated when my kids had to go back to school because then we had to be more stuctured.
    Like, when in summer, I didn't have to worry about bedtimes, getting them up im time, and all that stuff. Summmer break was so care free, for me too, not only the kids.
    Agree about the carefree aspect, but its getting harder and harder to find affordable activities in the summer to keep them busy and stimulated.
    School is free (sort of) and they learn and have fun! And it allows the parents to have sometime without the kid(s)-which is necessary to stay sane! :D
  • Options
    the boy rocked the kindergarten and hopped on the bus!
    teacher called me at lunch and said he is doing great!

One proud daddy! :!: :!:
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    klusterfuk wrote:
    i started college two weeks ago after being out for 25 years so yeah i know the feeling of not wanting to go

What is that like...after 25 years out...I finished my undergrad degree 20 some years ago, and I'm thinking about grad school....
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Heatherj43 wrote:

I totally feel that way...the kids going back is hard on me. I feel like I'm being bossed around all the time during the school year.. I also feel like I do not get enough time with the kids. This is the first year I have all four of my kids in school, and I feel a little lonely. They all just wave good bye and I am left with a day to fill... ;)