Options

Ed solo shows

SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Ok not to add to the rumors, but this was posted in the live section and isn't getting much attention.

I heard on 94.9 in San Diego this morning that Ed is about to announce a set of solo shows. They didn't have specifics on dates/cities but were speculating that San Diego would get one. Whoever posted in the other thread said Spreckles theatre would get two shows, and they heard through Live Nation.

Has anyone else heard about these? 94.9 doesn't usually spout info without knowing for sure...
When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    i hope not... all or none
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    I wonder if one of the cities mentioned begins with an "a" ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,073
    how bout he does a solo show and then a regular show with the rest of the band...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    id just like to hear the ITW songs,
    whole band, solo, whatever

just annouce some shows and play the songs!

please
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Eh.... i still dont understand how he would pull off a solo show :P
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    id just like to hear the ITW songs,
    whole band, solo, whatever

just annouce some shows and play the songs!

please

Check him out at Bonnaroo then.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options

Um, see the VIC.....only longer, would be so, so sweet.....

Love to see this in a small setting....
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Check him out at Bonnaroo then.

Zero interest, but thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    KosmicJelliKosmicJelli Posts: 1,855

OMG... Ed most definately pull off solo show... Id be first in line for tix!!!! Come to The Deck honey!!! honey=ED
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    SilverSeed wrote:
    Ok not to add to the rumors, but this was posted in the live section and isn't getting much attention.

I heard on 94.9 in San Diego this morning that Ed is about to announce a set of solo shows. They didn't have specifics on dates/cities but were speculating that San Diego would get one. Whoever posted in the other thread said Spreckles theatre would get two shows, and they heard through Live Nation.

Has anyone else heard about these? 94.9 doesn't usually spout info without knowing for sure...

Yeah, I heard Garret mention that too (right after they played Daughter). That came out of left field, I wonder where he got his info.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    this was posted on a previous thread titled "I met mike in san diego." It said tix would be released on feb 22nd, shows in april. I hope tweet would release something official so all this rumors would stop.

Although, I would think 94.9 "...San Diego's Independent Radio" would check their sources
    San Diego, July 07, 2006
    Los Angeles, July 10, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 21, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 22, 2006
    Lollapalooza, August 5th, 2007
    eV., Los Angeles April 12, 2008
    eV., San Diego April 15, 2008
    Given to Fly___..
  • Options
    BOOOM wrote:
    this was posted on a previous thread titled "I met mike in san diego." It said tix would be released on feb 22nd, shows in april. I hope tweet would release something official so all this rumors would stop.

Although, I would think 94.9 "...San Diego's Independent Radio" would check their sources

Boooom here just called me and neglected to mention here that he called the radio station. What they told him was this:

Garret (the DJ) actually spoke with Ed who said that he is embarking on a solo tour and would love to play some "home town" shows. Given that he has three acknowledged home town shows (Chi town, seattle, SD), and that he was speaking to an SD dj, I'm assuming that means here.
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    BOOOM wrote:

http://www.theskyiscrape.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73397
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    SilverSeed wrote:
    Boooom here just called me and neglected to mention here that he called the radio station. What they told him was this:

Garret (the DJ) actually spoke with Ed who said that he is embarking on a solo tour and would love to play some "home town" shows. Given that he has three acknowledged home town shows (Chi town, seattle, SD), and that he was speaking to an SD dj, I'm assuming that means here.

SilverSeed forgot to add that they'll release the news on 94.9 first (assuming if you're not a 10c member). and if any of you ever been to sprekels its a sick/intimate venue to see eddie.

also theirs 3 o's in BOOOM
    San Diego, July 07, 2006
    Los Angeles, July 10, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 21, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 22, 2006
    Lollapalooza, August 5th, 2007
    eV., Los Angeles April 12, 2008
    eV., San Diego April 15, 2008
    Given to Fly___..
  • Options

HUH??? of course eddie could pull off a solo show.....he's only still in the band because all the other guys would be out of a job if he went solo......thats not a popular view but cmon...I am a realist......

dont get me wrong.....i love MY PJ...but i know how much talent eddie has......and we have only seen the beginning.......
  • Options
    bacchanal wrote:
    HUH??? of course eddie could pull off a solo show.....he's only still in the band because all the other guys would be out of a job if he went solo......thats not a popular view but cmon...I am a realist......

dont get me wrong.....i love MY PJ...but i know how much talent eddie has......and we have only seen the beginning.......

dangerous talk ;)
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    At this point, I think Eddie solo shows are unlikely and a solo tour is completely out of the question.

What I think is fairly likely is that Eddie may incorporate a solo set (2-3 songs) into Pearl Jam setlist maybe as an encore.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    bacchanal wrote:

Dont get me wrong, im not saying it cant be done... would just be a little weird. What... play into the wild tracks (which are not very long to begin with) and then just to acoustic pearl jam shit? I mean... i dunno, thats a little lame... I love ed.. and i think he is great, with the band or by himself i just dont think he is really in a position to be doing so. Maybe after a couple more into the wild's

I dont think the other guys would be out of a job though.... ed needs them as much as they need ed :D
    He could join another band but it wouldnt be half as cool(or successful) as pearl jam..not this late in the game
  • Options
    I TOTALLY REGRETTED WHAT I WROTE RIGHT AFTER i POSTED...........SORRY PJ ....I LOVE U GUYS!!!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Dont get me wrong, im not saying it cant be done... would just be a little weird. What... play into the wild tracks (which are not very long to begin with) and then just to acoustic pearl jam shit? I mean... i dunno, thats a little lame... I love ed.. and i think he is great, with the band or by himself i just dont think he is really in a position to be doing so. Maybe after a couple more into the wild's

I dont think the other guys would be out of a job though.... ed needs them as much as they need ed :D
    He could join another band but it wouldnt be half as cool(or successful) as pearl jam..not this late in the game
    I've seen Ed's solo gigs and he's pretty damn good. Saw the R.A.C and the A.T.P. and the Tsunami Benefit... all acoustic and really cool. Also saw 2 Kokua and one Hulabaloo with a local bar band at one, Flea and Jack Irons at the other. And it was kinda scary. Scary in the sense that Ed can EASILY carry out and maintain a viable solo career post Pearl Jam. Yeah... no more headlining giant festival tours, but, definately sold out theater sized venues to carve a descent living out of.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!