Options

Nashville, Tennessee (August 17, 2000)

TheRealDanPatchTheRealDanPatch Posts: 1,854
edited January 2013 in The Porch
I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
1998: Va Beach VA
2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
2008: Washington DC
2009: Philly 3
2010: Bristow VA
2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
2014: Cincinnati, OH
2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TB RivalTB Rival Posts: 74
    My future wife and I were at this show....great seats 12th row. As I recall they opened with Sometimes....which was awesome.

It was extremely hot that night, and Eddie was having a hard time with the heat. Made a comment to the effect of "if it were 1 degree hotter we'd be in hell". But the boys still gave it all they had in true PJ fashion.
  • Options
    TB Rival wrote:
    My future wife and I were at this show....great seats 12th row. As I recall they opened with Sometimes....which was awesome.

It was extremely hot that night, and Eddie was having a hard time with the heat. Made a comment to the effect of "if it were 1 degree hotter we'd be in hell". But the boys still gave it all they had in true PJ fashion.

My first show! He then followed that up by saying at least he isn't in Arkansas referencing WM3.

Porch was amazing.. "it's 180 degrees up here and to all of those I offended i'm sorry"
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i thought i was the only nerd celebrating 10 year anniversaries of the 2000 shows.

notes: After 'DTE,' Ed says: "Hello to the rest of Tennessee. Three degrees hotter, we'd think it was hell. Least it ain't Arkansas." He fucks up the words to 'God's Dice' and starts singing the words to 'Red Mosquito' early, prompting Stone to shake his head in amusement. Before 'Wishlist' people start chanting "Eddie, Eddie," to which he responds, "Hey, don't piss me off this early." During 'Jeremy' Ed keeps holding his throat as though it is hurting, and exhorts the audience to sing at the end. There is a fan in the front row on crutches. Ed has been watching him through the whole show and invites him onstage. Ed and the fan talk for a while, while the rest of the band looks on, amused; he then introduces him as "Andy, from Cookeville," and they work through the song a little. Ed says, I left my mind in Tucker, Arkansas. It's in prison there on death row." [a reference to his visit to the West Memphis 3]. Ed shares some wint with Andy and the crowd starts chanting "Andy, Andy." At first Ed looks pissed, but then he realizes it's an "Andy" chant and not a "Eddie" chant and breaks into this big smile. Eventually the band start playing and Ed and Andy trade verses on the song, Ed playing harmonica while Andy sings. In the middle of 'Porch' Ed says, "It's 120 up here ... it's 180 degrees in here ... to all those offended, I'm sorry ... I'm burning, burning, burning," referencing the unbearable heat. When they return for the second encore, Ed starts reading signs in the crowd. He sees one that says 'Mankind' and says, "Stone, Mankind? Throw your arms around me? Sorry, sweetie. Maybe next time." He spots one for 'Hunger Strike' and says, "Sorry, Chris isn't here." He sees one for 'Baba' and responds, "Sorry. Baba O'Riley we played last night." As at prior shows, Mike works snippets of Van Halen into 'YL.' Ed sings, "It's too damn hot to stay."
  • Options
    TB RivalTB Rival Posts: 74
    Rival - wow what a recap....I just relived the show through your post. Well done!!

Forgot about Andy...he killed the song but it was a very cool moment. I got the boot from this show...I need to give it a listen again!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    TB Rival wrote:
    Rival - wow what a recap....I just relived the show through your post. Well done!!

Forgot about Andy...he killed the song but it was a very cool moment. I got the boot from this show...I need to give it a listen again!

haha no way can i take credit for that. all from fivehorizons.com
  • Options
    mysameoldfriendmysameoldfriend Tennessee Posts: 227
    Great show! I live in Cookeville now, and have never met Andy, but several of my friends know him! Always thought that was cool.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    i thought i was the only nerd celebrating 10 year anniversaries of the 2000 shows.

notes: After 'DTE,' Ed says: "Hello to the rest of Tennessee. Three degrees hotter, we'd think it was hell. Least it ain't Arkansas." He fucks up the words to 'God's Dice' and starts singing the words to 'Red Mosquito' early, prompting Stone to shake his head in amusement. Before 'Wishlist' people start chanting "Eddie, Eddie," to which he responds, "Hey, don't piss me off this early." During 'Jeremy' Ed keeps holding his throat as though it is hurting, and exhorts the audience to sing at the end. There is a fan in the front row on crutches. Ed has been watching him through the whole show and invites him onstage. Ed and the fan talk for a while, while the rest of the band looks on, amused; he then introduces him as "Andy, from Cookeville," and they work through the song a little. Ed says, I left my mind in Tucker, Arkansas. It's in prison there on death row." [a reference to his visit to the West Memphis 3]. Ed shares some wint with Andy and the crowd starts chanting "Andy, Andy." At first Ed looks pissed, but then he realizes it's an "Andy" chant and not a "Eddie" chant and breaks into this big smile. Eventually the band start playing and Ed and Andy trade verses on the song, Ed playing harmonica while Andy sings. In the middle of 'Porch' Ed says, "It's 120 up here ... it's 180 degrees in here ... to all those offended, I'm sorry ... I'm burning, burning, burning," referencing the unbearable heat. When they return for the second encore, Ed starts reading signs in the crowd. He sees one that says 'Mankind' and says, "Stone, Mankind? Throw your arms around me? Sorry, sweetie. Maybe next time." He spots one for 'Hunger Strike' and says, "Sorry, Chris isn't here." He sees one for 'Baba' and responds, "Sorry. Baba O'Riley we played last night." As at prior shows, Mike works snippets of Van Halen into 'YL.' Ed sings, "It's too damn hot to stay."
    You are not the only one, I am a fellow nerd too :D This was such a great tour and I can't believe it has been ten years.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    If any one has any pictures from this show, please let me know. All the electronic ones I had got deleted several years ago in a computer crash.

Andy York
  • Options
    15 years ago today!

My first show and I'm 30 now. I've been on this amazing ride for half of my life now! Time to come back to Nashville. It's grown a little since 2003!
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,831
    Wow these are some great memories thanks for sharing them. Sounds like it was a great experience for those who went. Definitely vintage Ed that night!
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    My first show, and my most listened to boot. Started a little bit of fanaticism even though I was in the grass and drank too much.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    dpphotodpphoto Posts: 284
    Ahhh... yes... I remember it well. SWELTERING heat during the day while people waited for fanclub ticket windows to open. SWELTERING heat at night to follow but one of the best PJ shows ever.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    I was there, too. 2nd row in front of Mike. I will see if I can find some old photos from that show. did several shows on that leg. don't remember if I took pics at every show.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Sweltering heat = why I prefer arena shows