Options

Electronic Cigarettes?

ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone have any experience with these? I've done some research but there's a lot of info. out there. Looking for someone with personal experience. Expensive, taste, pros, cons, etc...?
Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I saw someone with one and asked about it. It was in a bar. She said "try it". I'm not a smoker, and since I didn't think smoke was coming out, I just inhaled a bit. It tasted pretty close to what I remember inhaling a cigarette was like - twenty years ago. ...so fwiw. :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Yea we too saw a couple smoking them in a bar. They lit up funny on the end when you take a drag was it blue? They seem to me to be puffing more than a person with a regular cig, not sure why, maybe they thought themselves cool and wanted people to see
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    are these those water vapour cigs i see on gsn all the time lol. :twisted:
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    Pearl JamesPearl James Pittsburgh/Chicago Posts: 420
    Water vapor cigarette's side effects are still unknown. You inhale propylene glycerol, which is the same as whats in inhalers and fog machines. Although right now all we know is that they are safer than nicotine. We still dont know the side effects to what directly breathing in propylene glycerol is when its heated to a gas. If youre trying to quit smoking, maybe try these for a while, than try to quit all together. The side effects could still be the same or worse than smoking actual cigarettes, its really made to eliminate second hand smoke, and for these companies to make money. But maybe you can be the first one to find out what the side effects are ;)
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,249
    my dad smoked for over 40 years.

started using one of these electronic cigarretes in 12/08. used it for about 3 months and has not had a craving for a cigarette since.

they didn't work for my mom though. so i guess different things work for different people. i'm really proud of my dad for quitting.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    mmmmm digital cancer.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    mmmmm digital cancer.

I believe it's called an iPod.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

started using one of these electronic cigarretes in 12/08. used it for about 3 months and has not had a craving for a cigarette since.

they didn't work for my mom though. so i guess different things work for different people. i'm really proud of my dad for quitting.

perhaps your mum addicted or more addicted than your dad(who may not have been addicted). my parents both gave up smoking like they were turning off a light.. my sister on the other hand...

me?? i prefer to kill myself slowly with drink.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,249

perhaps your mum addicted or more addicted than your dad(who may not have been addicted). my parents both gave up smoking like they were turning off a light.. my sister on the other hand...

me?? i prefer to kill myself slowly with drink.

that's why i said different things will work for different people. my dad did smoke for a solid 4 decades though. he was pretty damn addicted.

i'm with you on the drink though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Im thinking about getting one of these kits.

Anyone got any thoughts. Not necessarily as a quitting vessel. Just to replace the occasional smoke I have/weekend binges.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I would think a big drawback would be that for some people just the action of smoking is addictive.

What worked for me was just quit buying cigarettes and have someone to listen to your "lack of nicotine" fits.