Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    In VR, just played Batman and some demos.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I'm not a Nintendo guy even in the least but some good things going on there. Happy for the Nintendo-only die hards to finally see some Skyrim love.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    First trailer for Red Dead 2
    https://youtu.be/PnCX8npep7k
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    just came to post that....

awesome news!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    New Nintendo machine looks cool! Wish I played more video games to be interested.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Anyone excited about the Nintendo Switch coming out?
    I have a wii u and love it.
    Not sure if I will get this right away.
    https://www.nintendo.com/switch
  • Options
    So for I'm liking the changes in Civ VI. I'm glad they got rid of the workers and replaced them with builders. The city district layout makes for a new way a strategy when choosing city locations. Everything seems for the better.
  • Options
    to me it looks like Civ V Part 2, and IMO Civ 5 wasnt just a step back in the series, it went on a completely different path I do not enjoy. I put in 100s and 100s of hours on Civ II, III, and IV... Never finished a Game of Civ V.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

to me it looks like Civ V Part 2, and IMO Civ 5 wasnt just a step back in the series, it went on a completely different path I do not enjoy. I put in 100s and 100s of hours on Civ II, III, and IV... Never finished a Game of Civ V.

I didn't like Civ V and shelved it for several year. I played it the last few months to prep and the expansions made it a much better game.

Civ VI so far has fixed a lot of things that bothered me if Civ V, such as:

* Happiness doesn't suffer from expansion.
    * I don't have to micromanage workers as they replaced them with builders. Builders create a mine/farm/etc instantly, but only have 3 uses
    * There are two tech trees, one for tech and another for civics
    * You can get boosts for tech that cuts the turns in half to create them by doing task
    * The government system is much better. There is a card system you pick to fill 4 slots which give advantages per your style.
    * Roads are built by creating a trade route (they auto-build with Rome)
    * The new district system is a fresh change. City planning needs to be thought out in advance for future expansion, but it makes more sense to me. Still much to learn
    * Did I mention I no longer need to micromange workers?

I'm only 100 turns into my first game, but so far I think it is great.
  • Options
    still 1 unit per tile, right?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    MayDay10 said:

still 1 unit per tile, right?

At first it is only 1 per tile, but future tech lets units combine 2-3 units to create a corp/army or fleet/armada.

Kind of like Civ IV Warlords. No stacks of doom as far as I can tell, but it should clean up the messy late game of Civ V quite a bit.

This happens in the Industrial era which I have not gotten that far yet.
  • Options
    Civ VI also has Sean Bean as the narrator! I haven't gotten to the part where he is killed off yet ...
  • Options
  • Options
    Just bought Skyrim Remastered even thought I should not have ... I have Witcher 3, Civ VI, Formula 1 2016, and Battlefield 1 to play. And Overwatch.

Thank god The Division sucks.

(and FUUUUUUCK destiny with a gardening spade)
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    time for a restore job

photo 14601076_206429723118430_4205059399384292252_n_zpstzu33a2i.jpg
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Just bought Skyrim Remastered even thought I should not have ... I have Witcher 3, Civ VI, Formula 1 2016, and Battlefield 1 to play. And Overwatch.

Destiny is all I play, pretty much!
    I try to make time for Forza 6 and F1 2015 but it doesn't usually work out.
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Probably going to have to buy an Xbox1 or PS4 now that another Red Dead is coming out. Probably the only game/series that can make me pick up the sticks again.
  • Options
    The Division just got a major patch ... it no longer sucks!
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I've never played Skyrim but only heard great things. Pretty sure I'm gonna pick it up. I really need to finish up other games though. I think I have 5 or so I need to get around to finishing. Ahhhh!
  • Options

Probably going to have to buy an Xbox1 or PS4 now that another Red Dead is coming out. Probably the only game/series that can make me pick up the sticks again.

Red Dead is easily one of my alltime favorite games. Red Dead 2 will be pre-ordered!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    mca47 said:

Jason P said:

I've never played Skyrim but only heard great things. Pretty sure I'm gonna pick it up. I really need to finish up other games though. I think I have 5 or so I need to get around to finishing. Ahhhh!
    It's worth it if you have never played it. The counsels get to have mods, but PS4 is restricted in size and initially Sony wasn't even going to allow them. Graphics wise it is an improvement, but not up to modern day games. And it's still glitchy!

Good ol' Bethesda. Glitch. Glitch never changes ...

It's still an amazing world to get lost in.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Jason P said:

mca47 said:

Jason P said:

It's worth it if you have never played it. The counsels get to have mods, but PS4 is restricted in size and initially Sony wasn't even going to allow them. Graphics wise it is an improvement, but not up to modern day games. And it's still glitchy!

I started playing it a while back, but didn't get far. Any character build suggestions? I am thinking some sort of assassin and actually heard the vampire is pretty badass
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 said:

Jason P said:

mca47 said:

Jason P said:

I started playing it a while back, but didn't get far. Any character build suggestions? I am thinking some sort of assassin and actually heard the vampire is pretty badass
    I've only played as a high elf in the last two games. I'm starting this one as a redguard to try to play with a little more weapon offense. I like maxing out sneak and using a bow while using conjuration Magic to summon monsters in the past. I'm going to try to play a similar style but want to be able to fight back with swords when the crap hits the fan.

One of the key items when using a sneak style is finding Mehrunes' Razor. It can kill just about anyone with a sneak attack. I would find this dagger before becoming a vampire unless you feel like becoming a vampire.

Let your freak flag wave! This is Skyrim and you can play anyway you like!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Been watching people play the Halloween DLC of Dead by Daylight. It seems pretty fun and intense at times.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    jervin007 said:

Jason P said:

mca47 said:

Jason P said:

No best practices, really. Any character build is good.

Usually in these games I play the highest difficulty which means I am almost always a ranged/stealth kind of character. Getting too close and engaging an enemy, especially early on is almost impossible.

A couple must-have spells though are:
    Transmute (you can upgrade minerals such as iron to gold)
    Clairvoyance (gives you a path)
    Candlelight (gives you a ball of light.... many dark areas to explore)
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Have Doom for Xbox one if anybody is interested in trading for it. Looking for forza 6.

How's the new COD? What should I get, that or titanfall 2? Asking about Multiplayer mainly
  • Options
    FYI FM6 is on sale through XBL this week. Probably won't have many Forza players trade for Doom?
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Any recommendations? Cod/battlefield/titanfall? Heard COD wasn't great but I always enjoyed them(didn't play the last one), never seen the other 2 games. Looking for multiplayer mostly
  • Options

Any recommendations? Cod/battlefield/titanfall? Heard COD wasn't great but I always enjoyed them(didn't play the last one), never seen the other 2 games. Looking for multiplayer mostly

Overwatch and Battlefield are both good. Battlefield has a good campaign mode but I've not had a lot of time to play multiplayer due to the length of matches.

Overwatch is on sale this week for 40% off. I've found it more enjoyable to play as there seems to be better teamwork and less racist 13 year olds playing. The matches are usually over in under 10 minutes so it works for someone like me that has limited time to game.