Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    Forza 4 is pretty amazing! GT5 just got knocked off the top of the hill (with a good assist from Sony's horrible menu and presentation system). Can't wait for my Fanatec wheel to show up. The wheel and pedals cost an arm and a leg, but it can be used cross-platform for xbox, ps3, and the pc so it should pay off.

Racing should keep me busy until 11/11/11. After that, I'll be fighting some mud crabs for fun. 8-)
    It IS awesome.

There are some issues with the Fanatec gear at the moment. You will end up getting no rewards using the wheel in 900° rotation (sensitivity) setting, which is not cool cause to me it feels the best.
    Also the wheel makes a whining noise when it connects to the 360 (not the fan). Can't hear it over the game, but still.
    Both of those issues are under investigation. I played the first 6 races and stopped getting rewards by race 6, and don't get any in MP or otherwise unless you turn the sensitivity to 270°. I don't like that setting though, so I'm waiting it out.

I also tried using it with GT5 and can't get the gas pedal to work right. It registers slightly, but not enough to move the car or to select in menus.
    Hmm.

My wheel should be showing up in the next few days. I'll let you know if I have any issues.
    Hopefully you won't have any, but it seems pretty widespread (the no rewards issue in Forza is not a wheel fault though, that's something T10 has to work out).

Tried again today and the gas pedal is working with GT5. I didn't change anything, but there you go. A bit of a quiet grinding noise when it's in PS3 mode that I didn't notice yesterday.
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Alright, what about Arkham City? Anybody get that yet? It's supposed to be incredible. 96 on metacritic right now.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    This is what I need...

cabinet-white-top.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Way too many good games coming out now.
    Forza 4
    Battlefield 3
    Modern Warfare 3
    Skyrim
    Gears of War 3

I've been a diehard COD guy, but I think I'm over MW3 it looks exactly the same as the last one, and that game was broken and ridiculous.

I think I'm gonna go skyrim and BF3 and get the other ones next year for $20
    NERDS!
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I'm looking forward to the XBOX 360 remake of Halo: Combat Evolved. I probably haven't played the original Halo since Halo 2 came out like 7 years ago, but we used to play that game for hours. Hard to believe it's 10 years old.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Just picked up F1 2011, anyone else got it?

http://www.nydailynews.com/tech_guide/2 ... _only.html
  • Options
    Forza 4

I've been playing this for a few days now, it's a really good game.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I just watched this 8 minute clip of the upcoming Saints Row 3. Looks awesomely fun.

http://www.saintsrow.com/videos#8-glori ... d-gameplay
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Alright, what about Arkham City? Anybody get that yet? It's supposed to be incredible. 96 on metacritic right now.

I'll probably pick it up this weekend. I really liked Arkham Asylum, and the reviews for City have been great!
  • Options
    Forza 4

I've been playing this for a few days now, it's a really good game.
    It is awesome!
    Idris wrote:
    Just picked up F1 2011, anyone else got it?

http://www.nydailynews.com/tech_guide/2 ... _only.html

I will be getting it but for 360. I actually just tested the new Fanatec with 2010 last night and it was soooooo much better than the MS wheel.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    360...boooo! :D I do hear the frame rate is better on X box with the game, but the action probably will be better on PS3, :P
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    360...boooo! :D I do hear the frame rate is better on X box with the game, but the action probably will be better on PS3, :P
    haha!
    360 is my platform of choice, no contest!
  • Options
    So many games this time of year and it's only going to get worse. Right now I'm trying to juggle:

Deus Ex
    Gears of War 3
    NHL 12
    NBA 2K12
    Forza 4
    Rage (unopened)
    Batman:AC (unopened)

In a perfect world I will finish at least Gears of War 3 before Uncharted 3 hits because I am looking forward to that more that anything this year. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't enjoy sports games so damn much. Those things eat away the time.
  • Options
    Got NHL 12 for my birthday been playing that
  • Options
    Uncharted 3 just landed a 10 on IGN.com
    I'm not big on reviews, but this game looks bad-ass! Uncharted 2 was a great game, and it looks like this one has gotten even better!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1210241p1.html

I cannot wait for this game!!! :D
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Uncharted 3 just landed a 10 on IGN.com
    I'm not big on reviews, but this game looks bad-ass! Uncharted 2 was a great game, and it looks like this one has gotten even better!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1210241p1.html

I cannot wait for this game!!! :D

Whenever I think about it, I believe that Uncharted 2 is the best game I've played in the last decade (which is funny because I'm a 360 guy through and through). After seeing the early reviews I am somehow even more excited for this game which I didn't think was possible. Now if I could only finish up Gears 3 and maybe Rage before then!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    BF3!!

PC review up on IGN, awaiting xbox and ps3: http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1210387p1.html

rated 9.0, imagine not much of a rating between the console.
  • Options

Whenever I think about it, I believe that Uncharted 2 is the best game I've played in the last decade (which is funny because I'm a 360 guy through and through). After seeing the early reviews I am somehow even more excited for this game which I didn't think was possible. Now if I could only finish up Gears 3 and maybe Rage before then!

Yeah, I gotta finish up Dark Souls before I get Uncharted 3. F'n game is so damn hard!!! Good game, but maddening at times! :evil: :D
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, I gotta finish up Dark Souls before I get Uncharted 3. F'n game is so damn hard!!! Good game, but maddening at times! :evil: :D
    I'm in the same boat. Dark Souls has consumed my soul (or at least my free time). :D

But I did kill my first dragon last night! :thumbup:

So far it's my game of the year ... but that will most likely change come 11/11/11. :ugeek:
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    BF3!!

PC review up on IGN, awaiting xbox and ps3: http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1210387p1.html

rated 9.0, imagine not much of a rating between the console.
    Should be in the mail when I get home, sweeet.
    Which is good, cause the brainless AI in Forza is irritating the crap out of me.
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Jason P wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I'm in the same boat. Dark Souls has consumed my soul (or at least my free time). :D

So far it's my game of the year ... but that will most likely change come 11/11/11. :ugeek:

I tried playing the first game, Demon Souls, was playing for maybe an hour, died at some point and got respawned way back near the start of it all and said fuck that and didn't play it again.

I have Skyrim and Assassin's Creed Revelations pre-ordered. Can't wait for them. I actually wanted to wait to get Skyrim in a game-of-the-year bundle with downloadable content because they always do that but when I got to the store to trade in games, I had so much store credit that I forgot that was the plan and got it. :lol:
  • Options
    And I just saw this:

http://www.rockstargames.com/

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, that game is brilliant. While there are times I want to throw my controller across the room, the complexity, the depth, and the....mystery of this game keeps me coming back!
    Not sure how far you are in it yet, but once you get the ability to join other (or have people join your) world, it makes those bosses a whole hell of a lot easier!

I told a buddy about this game and how great it was. He ran out and bought it. He played it for about 3 hours and said "fuck that!". Then again, he's more of the instant satisfaction gamer...the Call of Duty type who doesn't really want to spend the time or effort...or thinking, in order to succeed.
    For me, dying 15 times in a row, losing thousands of souls in the process is beyond maddening!!! BUT, once you finally slow down, examine and observe your enemies before trying to slash your way through, it makes getting to that next bonfire that much greater!! :D
    Without a doubt, the best game of the year (so far).
  • Options
    voidofman wrote:
    And I just saw this:

Damn, and I never beat that last one!!
    Any idea where and when this one will take place?
  • Options
    No information on this at all. Just like the last one, didn't know where it was until the trailer came out. Wow, that was 4 years ago!
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    mca47 wrote:
    voidofman wrote:
    And I just saw this:

Wow, awesome.
    hmm, lets make some guesses. Chicago? Maybe out of USA.. Europe?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Some other fans have been hoping for London or Vancouver. I would love to see Vancouver / Seattle, there's so many great places in and around the Lower Mainland, can even take a ferry ride to the island.

I remember playing Midtown Madness in Paris, that was a great city to play in.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    voidofman wrote:
    And I just saw this:

Wow, awesome.
    hmm, lets make some guesses. Chicago? Maybe out of USA.. Europe?

Yeah, I heard Chicago in the 20s-30s in the middle of prohibition, Al Capone/gangster times.
    But...that was a long time ago.
  • Options
    I would like to see a prohibition 20's game with a tommy gun. That would be fun.
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Idris wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:
    NHL 12 is awesome who wants to play me lol.

I do! Once I learn the controls :P

Hockey games have come a long way since 'blades of steel'... :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blades_of_Steel

Well all games have :D

i remember bades of steel :mrgreen: i'm on the ps3
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013