Options

Eternal life...

kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
5,000 years would be good enough for me, provided legitimate space travel gets invented within the next few hundred years. Because once I unlock the secrets of the universe, I think life would get to be a drag, you know? I think at that point, I would crash headlong into a comet and go out with a bang.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    kenny olav wrote:
    5,000 years would be good enough for me, provided legitimate space travel gets invented within the next few hundred years. Because once I unlock the secrets of the universe, I think life would get to be a drag, you know? I think at that point, I would crash headlong into a comet and go out with a bang.

This post has come out of the universes left field.
  • Options
    but would you still like pearl jam in 2500 years time

they would probably become a band that I only listen to every 100 years or so, but I would introduce Pearl Jam to other planets.
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    kenny olav wrote:

But what would you do if you found out that once your alive, you can only evolve, but never die?
    The worring thing here is will your PJ shirts still fit?
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I thought this was a Vampire thread, which is really the way to eternal life, I mean let's be real for a second!
  • Options
    mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    marcos wrote:
    I thought this was a Vampire thread, which is really the way to eternal life, I mean let's be real for a second!
    Connor McCloud would disagree. Great thread by the way. I tend to think about things like this way too often.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• Options
    mdigenakis wrote:
    marcos wrote:
    Connor McCloud would disagree. Great thread by the way. I tend to think about things like this way too often.

You mean I'm not the only crazy one? That's not good! :? :mrgreen:

Even if you could be reincarnated as different animals, eventually you'd run out of species...
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    mdigenakis wrote:
    marcos wrote:

Nice pull.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    kenny olav wrote:
    mdigenakis wrote:
    marcos wrote:

You mean I'm not the only crazy one? That's not good! :? :mrgreen:

Even if you could be reincarnated as different animals, eventually you'd run out of species...

You should check out the book: "The Host" by Stephanie Meyers. Storyline similar to this topic....and no....you are no where near the only crazy one!!! :mrgreen:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Connor McCloud... wow... I haven't seen Highlander in the longest time... I'll have to Netflix that puppy. No... even better... I bet I can find a DVD copy of that on eBay for like 3 bucks.
  • Options
    You should check out the book: "The Host" by Stephanie Meyers. Storyline similar to this topic....and no....you are no where near the only crazy one!!! :mrgreen:

Cool, thanks! I will do that... within this lifetime!
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    mdigenakis wrote:
    marcos wrote:

Connor McCloud of the clan McCloud?

No fear of living forever, as there can be only ONE!

** breaks into a queen song **
  • Options
    WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER
    Words and music by Brian May

There's no time for us
    There's no place for us
    What is this thing that builds our dreams yet slips away
    from us

Who wants to live forever
    Who wants to live forever....?

There's no chance for us
    It's all decided for us
    This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us

Who wants to live forever?

Who dares to love forever?
    When love must die

But touch my tears with your lips
    Touch my world with your fingertips
    And we can have forever
    And we can love forever
    Forever is our today
    Who wants to live forever?
    Forever is our today

Who waits forever anyway?
  • Options
    mdigenakis wrote:
    marcos wrote:

Just bought a remastered copy of Highlander the other day for like $5.00, what a great movie and soundtrack, can't wait to watch it again.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    marcos wrote:
    mdigenakis wrote:
    marcos wrote:

Just bought a remastered copy of Highlander the other day for like $5.00, what a great movie and soundtrack, can't wait to watch it again.
    Nice, I have been holding out and hoping for the Blue Ray at some point.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    mdigenakis wrote:
    marcos wrote:

I just bid $1.99 on it on eBay, with $3 for shipping and handling. I beat you by a penny, ha! :ugeek:
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    marcos wrote:
    This is the underlying theme of a bunch of the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice....particularly Memnoch the Devil and Tale of the Body Thief. Good, thought provoking stuff :)

Would you rather live forever or find out if there is an afterlife? I'll take eternal life.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

Would you rather live forever or find out if there is an afterlife? I'll take eternal life.
    I'll take afterlife, I don't like it here that much!
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    pandora wrote:

But, I'm here... :cry:
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    pandora wrote:

I'm with you...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Everybody wants to go the heaven, but nobody wants to die.

• Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Don't you have to die in order to go to heaven? :think:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:

Exactly. Why don't Christians thank the murderers of this world for ending people's earthly suffering and sending them on their way to eternal bliss? They are doing the lord's work!

• Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

Exactly. Why don't Christians thank the murderers of this world for ending people's earthly suffering and sending them on their way to eternal bliss? They are doing the lord's work!
    I've been close to death a few times... once I was almost raped and murdered... I don't want to go out like that...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    I've been close to death a few times... once I was almost raped and murdered... I don't want to go out like that...

How would you like to go out? I think your name is on my list somewhere, but that doesn't mean I can't provide reasonable accomodations...

• Options
    eyedclaar wrote:

How would you like to go out? I think your name is on my list somewhere, but that doesn't mean I can't provide reasonable accomodations...
    a nice overdose would be nice... ;)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    eyedclaar wrote:

a nice overdose would be nice... ;)
    I'll take the ticker stopping at a ripe old age preferable while I'm napping after cocktails, sex and my favorite meal 8-)
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    pandora wrote:
    I'll take the ticker stopping at a ripe old age preferable while I'm napping after cocktails, sex and my favorite meal 8-)

When I first read that I thought it said 'tickler stopping at at ripe old age', I kind of got stuck at that and didn't read the end of the sentance. Thought a 'tickler' might be some kind of sex aid. :oops:
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    This is the underlying theme of a bunch of the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice....particularly Memnoch the Devil and Tale of the Body Thief. Good, thought provoking stuff :)

I would rather live forever though I think I missed my chance at being a vamp as the cut-off age is now 18 thanks to terrible twilight movies. Ann Rice did write some cool novels, now it's completely carried away if that's possible in the fiction world. i will check out those books you mentioned, thanks.