Black Crowes double acoustic album, tour, hiatus, **RETURN**

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    DewieCox wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    Guess they cancelled last night....

Gettin my 2010 show tour poster, today. Grab them over at secretserpents for $20/per. The St Lou show only had minis.

There was only minis at SLC too. So they are actually printing full size posters? Cool. 8-)

There's 5 for the whole tour....Looks like each poster has so many shows listed on it.

http://www.secretserpentsstore.com/serv ... 010/Detail

This is the one I got

That's the one I saw at the SLC show too. I opted to get two beers and the Stump t-shirt instead.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Just gotta say that I love how every thread started about this band has gone on for 10+ pages.

In conclusion: The Black Crowes fucking rock.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    dcfaithful wrote:
    In conclusion: The Black Crowes fucking rock.

indeed they do!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Three weeks and I will see three shows in a row!! Whoot!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Flagg wrote:

Bastard! Any chance I can bump you off and take your place for a few nights? Think the wife would notice? You are married, right?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

Bastard! Any chance I can bump you off and take your place for a few nights? Think the wife would notice? You are married, right?

No, yes and yes. hahaha

Doing the acoustic/electric gig in Houston followed by two electric only shows in Austin and Dallas. Friday-Saturday-Sunday.

And if my count is correct that will be shows 23, 24 and 25 for me since 1990.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Ok, so last night out in Eagle (one of our more liberal and progressive little towns, believe it or not after reading the story)the Crowes put on a weird show, I think, mostly due to the Nazi storm troopers handling security. It absolutely needed to be all general admission, because the roped off area up front was just ridiculous. You had to stand in front of your seat and dance politely or they’d be all over you. I saw a 60 year old man get the bum’s rush from a stocky fucking meathead for barely dancing in the aisle bothering nobody. And there is no way people are really going to spark up in that environment. Idaho still treats weed no different than heroin.
    So, after tearing through Good Morning Captain, Sting Me, Walk Believer Walk and then losing each other in the jam of the otherwise stellar Another Roadside Tragedy, they went into a three song meld of Wiser Time (kick ass!) to How Much for Your Wings, to Bring on, Bring on (if memory serves – made a booze run at that point). Now, I like a good jam as much as the next Amorican, but these three songs consumed at least a third of the total time of the show. Most of the audience got restless. Oh well. Part of me now thinks they were doing it on purpose to avoid any raucous rock and roll that would incite people to dance and then be clubbed to death.
    Got Soul Singing, always great, and then my highlight of the eve – Oh Sweet Nothin’! Love their take on that song. Then they finally played back to back songs people knew in Hard to Handle and Jealous Again. After the encore, they came back out and Chris proved why he is simply an awesome front man.
    Anyway, he bends over right in their faces with the big ol’ sarcastic double thumbs up, says into the mic, “I just want to thank you guys for making sure nobody could have any fun. If you want to be in the military police, go to Afghanistan.” Hahahahahaha
    At that moment, everyone threw their chairs aside and rushed the stage, pinning the dumbass meatheads up against the wall with these priceless looks on their faces. It was one of the most cathartic moments I’ve ever witnessed at a show. Talk about a genuinely positive act of civil disobedience. For the last couple of songs it was just a big happy dancing pit up front – finally.

Last song – something in the chorus about “don’t break my heart.” Not sure, didn’t recognize that one. It was an upbeat, funky little number. Very cool whatever it was.

eyedclaar wrote:
    Ok, so last night out in Eagle (one of our more liberal and progressive little towns, believe it or not after reading the story)the Crowes put on a weird show, I think, mostly due to the Nazi storm troopers handling security. It absolutely needed to be all general admission, because the roped off area up front was just ridiculous. You had to stand in front of your seat and dance politely or they’d be all over you. I saw a 60 year old man get the bum’s rush from a stocky fucking meathead for barely dancing in the aisle bothering nobody. And there is no way people are really going to spark up in that environment. Idaho still treats weed no different than heroin.
    So, after tearing through Good Morning Captain, Sting Me, Walk Believer Walk and then losing each other in the jam of the otherwise stellar Another Roadside Tragedy, they went into a three song meld of Wiser Time (kick ass!) to How Much for Your Wings, to Bring on, Bring on (if memory serves – made a booze run at that point). Now, I like a good jam as much as the next Amorican, but these three songs consumed at least a third of the total time of the show. Most of the audience got restless. Oh well. Part of me now thinks they were doing it on purpose to avoid any raucous rock and roll that would incite people to dance and then be clubbed to death.
    Got Soul Singing, always great, and then my highlight of the eve – Oh Sweet Nothin’! Love their take on that song. Then they finally played back to back songs people knew in Hard to Handle and Jealous Again. After the encore, they came back out and Chris proved why he is simply an awesome front man.
    Anyway, he bends over right in their faces with the big ol’ sarcastic double thumbs up, says into the mic, “I just want to thank you guys for making sure nobody could have any fun. If you want to be in the military police, go to Afghanistan.” Hahahahahaha
    At that moment, everyone threw their chairs aside and rushed the stage, pinning the dumbass meatheads up against the wall with these priceless looks on their faces. It was one of the most cathartic moments I’ve ever witnessed at a show. Talk about a genuinely positive act of civil disobedience. For the last couple of songs it was just a big happy dancing pit up front – finally.

Last song – something in the chorus about “don’t break my heart.” Not sure, didn’t recognize that one. It was an upbeat, funky little number. Very cool whatever it was.

That's the Chris we all know and love. :lol:

Did you see that video of him losing it on security last year? Pittsburgh I think. Its on You Tube. Hilarious.

Sounds like a great show! I'd be happy with that set. But I can see how the How Much For Your Wings and Bring On Bring On jam might tire some people out.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    eyedclaar wrote:

Aside from the really shitty security, that sounds like an awesome show. You got Sting Me, which is a song I've been dyingt o hear again live since my first Crowes show in Atlanta.

Nice moment you got to witness there...leave it to Chris to stick it to 'em. What an awesome dude.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

Aside from the really shitty security, that sounds like an awesome show. You got Sting Me, which is a song I've been dyingt o hear again live since my first Crowes show in Atlanta.

Nice moment you got to witness there...leave it to Chris to stick it to 'em. What an awesome dude.

Oh yeah, he called the security a bunch of assholes as well. I think I've heard Sting Me at every BC show I've ever seen. Song rocks. I picked up the green stump t-shirt. Badass.

• seen the indy and st. lou shows last week. boys are on top of the game for sure. st. louis was a sick show, just unbelievable. thunderstorm, exit, oh sister, feeling alright, and boomer story in one set. one of the better shows i've seen for sure.
    thinking about giving the credit card a work out and attending the atlanta dates or a couple NYC dates after last week. got shut out of the fillmore dates in dec, but i guess i'll live. catch'em if you can people, good stuff.

and kudos to the kind soul who posted the addy for the tour poster up top, both my shows didnt have the full sized posters. now the mrs will be thrilled to know i spent a lil more of our cash on the crowes. hey she's going to have a few years off, so she'll get over it.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Got my poster...now to get it framed up with the ticket stubs, setlist, and maybe Rich guitar pick.

I've caught 2 full on midsong freakouts and he had a nice speech at the show last week for people talkin during the acoustic set. All 3x it's been at the Pageant....

10/17/01>>they stopped Jealous Again at the bridge, security wasn't lettin the people in the balcony dance, Rich just brought it back in after the Chris rant

10/19/07>>Chris got nailed with a beer, and I mean nailed...We(the crowd)found the beer chucker and sent him to the stage...He(super preppy bitch) got pulled up there, douched with stuff and booed like crazy, and then CR made a little speech about how it wasn't a "long hair" causin the problems
  • dewey seem we run around the same shows.
    and the pageant always has trouble with some jackass trying to make folks sit down in the balcony.
    i dug after the encore when chris said he was sorry and didnt have anything agianst ALL the "short haired folks" in '07. had some other wise crack about it too.

.... and for those who might be interested, the '10 shows are starting to pop up on liveblackcrowes.net now.
    some fine music so far on this tour, not bad for $9.99.
    DewieCox wrote:
    Got my poster...now to get it framed up with the ticket stubs, setlist, and maybe Rich guitar pick.

I've caught 2 full on midsong freakouts and he had a nice speech at the show last week for people talkin during the acoustic set. All 3x it's been at the Pageant....

10/17/01>>they stopped Jealous Again at the bridge, security wasn't lettin the people in the balcony dance, Rich just brought it back in after the Chris rant

10/19/07>>Chris got nailed with a beer, and I mean nailed...We(the crowd)found the beer chucker and sent him to the stage...He(super preppy bitch) got pulled up there, douched with stuff and booed like crazy, and then CR made a little speech about how it wasn't a "long hair" causin the problems

Nice dude! I have a setlist from last years tour along with a backstage pass. Definitely some of my most valued music possessions.

I appreciate the fact that Chris isn't afraid to speak his mind - douchebags like the one at the 2007 show you referenced should be called out. I had a Megadeth show nearly ruined because of a drunk fuck throwing a beer on the soundboard.

Patterson Hood from the Drive By Truckers had a guy thrown out of the show in SLC cause he was moshing at a DBT show and kicking and hitting people. What a dickhead.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    crowes74 wrote:
    .... and for those who might be interested, the '10 shows are starting to pop up on liveblackcrowes.net now.
    some fine music so far on this tour, not bad for $9.99.

Can't wait for the SLC show to pop up...that shit was awesome. Because of the setlist, I may have to pick up the Eagle, ID show too.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Shows are up through St Louis 8/27....Everybody get this one. Amazing setlist and they put in some extra time on the sound to perfect this and Chicago.
  • Two things....
    Despite all the college football saturday afternoon, I put Freak n Roll in the dvd player as I cleaned the house for a small gathering that evening. The Crowes are so damn good that even cleaning house doesn't seem all that bad when they're playing.

And..

Have any of you listened to the Foamfoot bootleg? I came across it at the house the other day and listened for the first time in God knows how long, but its some great shit. Here's a little background for those who aren't aware of this cover band...I'm guessing the files have probably expired on this site though...maybe not...it's definitely a set worth tracking down...
    http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/2007/08 ... ur-1-8-94/
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    My sister is catching the Tulsa show tonight. Mine are 2 and a half weeks away!
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    DewieCox wrote:
    Shows are up through St Louis 8/27....Everybody get this one. Amazing setlist and they put in some extra time on the sound to perfect this and Chicago.

They sound good?

I have been severly disappointed in the sound of most of the official boots, especially lately. The Dallas one from last year is unlistenable. Vocals and keys way too high in the mix. Can barely hear Rich. Can't hear much of Steve at all.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

They sound good?

I have been severly disappointed in the sound of most of the official boots, especially lately. The Dallas one from last year is unlistenable. Vocals and keys way too high in the mix. Can barely hear Rich. Can't hear much of Steve at all.

Are the official bootlegs pretty varied in sound and quality? I picked up one from 96 or 97 and I like it quite a bit and was thinking about picking up some newer ones. Now I'm all afraid...

eyedclaar wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

They sound good?

Are the official bootlegs pretty varied in sound and quality? I picked up one from 96 or 97 and I like it quite a bit and was thinking about picking up some newer ones. Now I'm all afraid...

the SLC one from 2009 isn't all that bad, but I also bought the Connecticut show from 2009 and it could've been mixed better I think.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Who has watched the Cabin Fever dvd? I just ordered it. Is it cool or is that a stoopid question? :D

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Who has watched the Cabin Fever dvd? I just ordered it. Is it cool or is that a stoopid question? :D

It's pretty cool I like the behind the scenes and in between songs stuff. Some of the tracks included on their are cool too, some good covers on that DVD.

Definitely a good purchase for a Crowes fan.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • A while back I resigned myself to skipping the Biloxi show based solely on monetary reasons and I've been very remorseful about that. Been feeling pretty lame because who knows when (or if) I'll ever have another chance to see the Crowes!!
    So, my remorse was eating at me today so I checked for tickets...can still get general admission tix right in front of the stage, so, DAMN IT, I'm going. Debt be damned. You only live once, right?

eyedclaar wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

They sound good?

Very. I've got some that sound incredible. Some, not so much.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Who has watched the Cabin Fever dvd? I just ordered it. Is it cool or is that a stoopid question? :D

It's pretty cool I like the behind the scenes and in between songs stuff. Some of the tracks included on their are cool too, some good covers on that DVD.

Definitely a good purchase for a Crowes fan.

I think its incredible really. I wish it was a little longer, but for Oh Sweet Nuthin' and Dolphins it is worth it. Shine Along is great too. I love the version they do on there. Been A Long Time kicks ass.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    A while back I resigned myself to skipping the Biloxi show based solely on monetary reasons and I've been very remorseful about that. Been feeling pretty lame because who knows when (or if) I'll ever have another chance to see the Crowes!!
    So, my remorse was eating at me today so I checked for tickets...can still get general admission tix right in front of the stage, so, DAMN IT, I'm going. Debt be damned. You only live once, right?

Fuck yes!!

My sister has attended many Crowes shows back in the day with me, before I met my wife and after my fellow Crowes fans sort of drifted off. We have seen probably 12 shows together. Well, she is married now and lives in Tulsa, OK. The Crowes played Tulsa last night and unleashed this on them. She took her husband to the show and they now have a new fan!!

WAITING GUILTY
    HARD TO HANDLE
    GO TELL THE CONGREGATION
    ONLY A FOOL
    SHOW ME
    SEEING THINGS
    WHOA MULE
    WHAT IS HOME
    POOR ELIJAH - TRIBUTE TO JOHNSON (MEDLEY)
    DOWNTOWN MONEY WASTER ->
    THORN IN MY PRIDE
    SHE TALKS TO ANGELS
    WISER TIME
    - encore -
    MIRACLE TO ME
    TIED UP & SWALLOWED
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    eyedclaar wrote:

That was Don't Do It. As popularized by Marvin Gaye! And I think The Band recorded it too.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    A while back I resigned myself to skipping the Biloxi show based solely on monetary reasons and I've been very remorseful about that. Been feeling pretty lame because who knows when (or if) I'll ever have another chance to see the Crowes!!

Fuck yes!!

My sister has attended many Crowes shows back in the day with me, before I met my wife and after my fellow Crowes fans sort of drifted off. We have seen probably 12 shows together. Well, she is married now and lives in Tulsa, OK. The Crowes played Tulsa last night and unleashed this on them. She took her husband to the show and they now have a new fan!!

WAITING GUILTY
    HARD TO HANDLE
    GO TELL THE CONGREGATION
    ONLY A FOOL
    SHOW ME
    SEEING THINGS
    WHOA MULE
    WHAT IS HOME
    POOR ELIJAH - TRIBUTE TO JOHNSON (MEDLEY)
    DOWNTOWN MONEY WASTER ->
    THORN IN MY PRIDE
    SHE TALKS TO ANGELS
    WISER TIME
    - encore -
    MIRACLE TO ME
    TIED UP & SWALLOWED

Wow! Seeing Things and Thorn made me fucking jealous!!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL

I've been really struggling on whether to commit to San Fran... :?

It's obvious that I'll be squeezing by on finances and could really use the money it'll take to get there...but, at the same time because of the concert lover and huge Crowes fan I am...I already see the remorse that I would feel if I don't go.

God damnit...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL