Options

Black Crowes double acoustic album, tour, hiatus, **RETURN**

Comments

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    Hobbes said:

Soundstage Direct has their vinyl reissues up for pre-order, but no release date. Did a quick Google search, but found nothing. Anyone know anything about this? I know there have been rumors for awhile.

Those of been up for a very long time, over a year I think. I remember reading somewhere someone was recently refunded for preordering one of these.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383

Hobbes said:

Soundstage Direct has their vinyl reissues up for pre-order, but no release date. Did a quick Google search, but found nothing. Anyone know anything about this? I know there have been rumors for awhile.

Those of been up for a very long time, over a year I think. I remember reading somewhere someone was recently refunded for preordering one of these.
    Didn't realize they had been up for that long. SSD's most recent emails made it look like a new thing. I guess we'll see.
  • Options
    pjfaninindianapjfaninindiana Northeast Indiana Posts: 311
    According to elusive disc, the release date for the reissues is October 2nd.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    as seems to happen often, I am watching freak n roll....this band is unbelievable.

I blame Chris for its demise :rage:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    going to see Rich tonight. totally expecting a stellar show.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,840
    SoundStageDirect is advertising several of TBC's albums again for pre-order. Anyone know whether or not they're actually releasing them this time??
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Chatter over at the Steve Hoffman forums is indicating that these are legit and finally going to be released.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Chatter over at the Steve Hoffman forums is indicating that these are legit and finally going to be released.

Sweet! Thx for the info, Dewie. Would be nice to finally own Amorica and Three Snakes on vinyl :bee:

• Options

According to elusive disc, the release date for the reissues is October 2nd.

They now have it listed as 12/4
    ::crosses fingers::
    For what it's worth, there are much less expensive alternatives for these than elusive disc
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    The reissues are up and for sale at blackcrowes.com. Of course they had to make Amorica and Three Snakes double albums... I hate double albums!
  • Options

The reissues are up and for sale at blackcrowes.com. Of course they had to make Amorica and Three Snakes double albums... I hate double albums!

Thanks, jerparker, for the good news. They're finally being released...woohoo!!! :smiley::rock_on::bee:

.....now if only Tom Petty will finally release the companion album to Wildflowers :whistle:
  • Options
    That's awesome...I cant wait to hear Marc Ford's monster tones come blasting from my speakers.
  • Options
    $99.99 vinyl bundle for SYMM, TSH&MC, Amorica and TS&OC up today at www.popmarket.com
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I have heard these re-issues are not what they could have been - both sonics and package wise. Be careful.
  • Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    I bought the Amorica re-issue and it sounds great! No problems there.
  • Options
    There's lots of up and down with them, but it seems more and more people are happy with the purchase. Gonna be hard to turn the pre release pessimism and the early reviews around, but I'm looking forward to these after more recent reviews.
  • Options
    crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    Pre ordered them ALONG time ago. Got $ maker and harmony in mail today. Note said amorica will be in when they get next shipment, 3 snakes has yet to seen at supplier, ugh. I have the 3 snake box from when it was released but would like to have a standard version also.
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    According to Amazon, 3 snakes is pushed back to 1/8/16. I got the other 3.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    love love love this band.....watching cabin fever.....but Chris pisses me off for breaking up the band :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,036
    Of the new reissues, I only have Three Snakes. It sounds pretty good to me. How do the other reissues sound? Especially, Southern Harmony?
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Of the new reissues, I only have Three Snakes. It sounds pretty good to me. How do the other reissues sound? Especially, Southern Harmony?

My Southern Harmony came today and just listened. Sounded great. Wax looked great, no scratches or scuffs, I read some reviews and there were complaints of skipping.

My only complaint was the packaging. Not a gatefold and no art included. I expected more having paid $30 at Amazon (I had free cash on Amazon to use).

I'll be getting other re-issues if they're as good as this one...I had to get my favorite first.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Amorica sounds good.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    They've all been getting panned pretty hard, but there are some good reviews and mine sound really good. I've read if you have the nicer inner sleeves you go the good version and if you have paper sleeves the less desirable, but I have mixed and no complaints. Still waiting on Amorica though.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,036
    ^^^^Thanks for all of the helpful info! I'll have to grab Southern Harmony next.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

They've all been getting panned pretty hard, but there are some good reviews and mine sound really good. I've read if you have the nicer inner sleeves you go the good version and if you have paper sleeves the less desirable, but I have mixed and no complaints. Still waiting on Amorica though.

I did get the generic paper inner sleeves and very happy. I guess it's a crap shoot and so far it seems everyone is happy here with the re-issues.

I'm on to Amorica
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Anybody get in on Marc Ford's Kickstarter? I opted for the vinyl and a handwritten lyric. Pretty excited. Feels good to help a great musician that's had his ups and downs. Recorded to tape so has a lot of potential to be a great sounding vinyl.
  • Options
    jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175
    Am I the only one who wants "Lions" to be reissued...?
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Man, Rich's new album is a doozy. Really well done and he just keeps getting better and better in all aspects.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Man, Rich's new album is a doozy. Really well done and he just keeps getting better and better in all aspects.

agreed.

jackie greene is playing a small club here. should I attend?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

DewieCox said:

agreed.

jackie greene is playing a small club here. should I attend?
    I would
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead