Nothingman....makes my day......

glbglb Posts: 356
edited January 2008 in The Porch
so, as I was waiting to go out to get some barbecue with some friends, I went to grab some beer from the neighborhood gas station. Simple enough. When I got back in the car after getting the beer, what was playing...., well nothing other than Nothingman on Lithium 24 of course. So I'm all happy driving home, especially since it's actually been a little while since Nothingman has been on any of my playlists. So I get home before it's over since I live really close to the gas station. Of course I sit there in the car and let it finish cuz man it's totally got me captured since I haven't heard it in a while. After it was over and I was walking in, I was like: "Greg, why the fuck didn't you crack open one of thems cold ass beers you just picked up to sip on while you listened to the end of mr. nothingman." Lessons learned, right?

So, if that wasn't enough to make me happy for the day.... it doesn't take much i guess does it :D? On my way up to meet some friends at the BBQ joint, guess what, yep, I get some Release on Lithium.

In a matter of being in the jeep about 10 mins, I get two sweet PJ songs. Thank you Lithium. That really made me pretty pleased with things, in some insignificant way ;).

Oh and if you're wondering, the barbecue was pretty good. I was disappointed the place didn't have it's own spicy bbq sauce! Still good. The crown and gingers after dinner were solid though! haha :D

Oh, obviously, once I get inside from the beer run and listening to nothing man, I immediately start up I go Shit from Philly 05, followed by RVM, Black Red Yellow, Grievance, Lukin into Not for You... and then I finally get a whole Nothingman I stuck in there. I figured ya'll would appreciate that! :D Thank you 12345AGNST1 for pointing that show out by the way!!!! :cool:

OOPS, HAHA, THE LIST OF SONGS I LISTED AT THE END THERE IS ACTUALLY FROM MISSOULA 05 .... DOH!! STILL, LOVE THE PHILLY 05 SHOW!...LOL, AND THAT'S MY OWN SPECIAL ORDER I PUT THEM IN APPARENTLY!
"I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Sounds to me like you had one too many of those beers you bought :D
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    That was very entertaining to read. :)
    I put myself on a vegan diet a few weeks ago....:( That BBQ sounds good.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    you have a cool radio station! a few here in ct do tend to play pj pretty frequently, but it's always either alive, even flow, jeremy, black, animal, daughter, or betterman. life wasted and world wide suicide were played when avocado came out. and i am mine when riot act came out. but besides that, the most obscure pj i heard on the radio was glorified g! thats sad.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford