Options

Happy Father's Day

mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
yeah, i know that it isn't Father's Day yet...just wanted to get a little off my chest. i'm not a Dad (yet), but my wife & i are really excited for when we start a family. i just wanted to say happy Father's Day to all the Dads here on the board.

also....
my Dad passed away 6 years ago after a short, intense & grueling battle with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). there isn't a day that passes that i don't think about him & wish that i could just speak to him one more time. i guess what i'm trying to say is---take the time to talk to your parents & family. you never know when the last conversation will happen. miss you, Dad.

to all the Dads & Dads-to-be, Happy Father's Day.

thanks-
Matt
I LOVE MUSIC.
www.cluthelee.com
www.cluthe.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Matt, thanks for this. As Father's Day approaches, I've been thinking of the same kinds of things you're saying. I'm sorry you no longer have your dad in your life but I bet he'd be very proud of the guy you are today! I lost my dad unexpectedly in October 2007 and just as you said, I think about him every day and still miss him in my life. The pain of his death has eased considerably but I would so love to talk with him again. I agree, treasure your parents while you have them.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads on the board!

Carolyn

P.S. Matt, I bet you will be an awesome dad someday!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Matt,
    To reiterate what whoprincess said, this is a beautiful gesture. I'm very sorry to hear of your Dad passing away, losing someone is never, ever easy. My condolences to you. Thinking of him everyday, I can relate...I think about my sis day in and day out. From the experience I've had talking to you, you seem to be a very kind and unique soul who is not afraid to tell and show his affection to those that he loves, and I too am confident you'll make an awesome dad when the time comes.

All you Pops on the board, and every where else...Happy Fathers Day!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    mfc2006 wrote:
    yeah, i know that it isn't Father's Day yet...just wanted to get a little off my chest. i'm not a Dad (yet), but my wife & i are really excited for when we start a family. i just wanted to say happy Father's Day to all the Dads here on the board.

also....
    my Dad passed away 6 years ago after a short, intense & grueling battle with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). there isn't a day that passes that i don't think about him & wish that i could just speak to him one more time. i guess what i'm trying to say is---take the time to talk to your parents & family. you never know when the last conversation will happen. miss you, Dad.

to all the Dads & Dads-to-be, Happy Father's Day.

thanks-
    Matt

+ Infinity. my Dad Kick Ass!!!, makes me crazy, but i know it's just because he care's and can't express himself in modern terms.
    crazy old sentimental nutjob :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Thanks to Dave & Carolyn for your responses!!!

bump for the Dads out there!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    I was hoping to get to celebrate my first Father's Day, but our little guy isn't being so cooperative. My fiance was due last Monday, but our kid seems to want to stay in her belly...
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I'm the best dad in the world! I challenge anybody to a thumb wrestling match who says different! Happy Fathers Day!
    I'll be back
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Happy Father's Day to my dad, :clap::clap: and to all the dad's in the PJ family!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    happy fathers day to al my fellow "mother-fuckers" ;) out there :lol::mrgreen:
  • Options
    milarso wrote:
    I was hoping to get to celebrate my first Father's Day, but our little guy isn't being so cooperative. My fiance was due last Monday, but our kid seems to want to stay in her belly...
    your still a father he/she is alive in there...so happy fathers day you mother fucker :lol:
  • Options
    I'm the best dad in the world! I challenge anybody to a thumb wrestling match who says different! Happy Fathers Day!
    your on! but i should warn you...i just picked my nose :lol:
  • Options
    My Dad was the most talented, happy, funny and awesome man i'll ever know... My inspiration and best friend. I lost him suddenly in August last year and not a single day passes that I don't miss or think about him in one way or another, whether it's making me laugh with memories of his Dad-isms or bringing a tear to my eye when I hear music that reminds me of him so much.

We were busy for last years Father's Day and didn't see him on the day, 2 months later my Dad was gone... This afternoon i'm visiting his grave and saying Happy Father's Day in person.

To all of you who still have your Dad's or are father's yourselves, make sure you tell those around you that you love them... and give an extra hug for those of us who can't.

Happy Father's Day x
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    My Dad was the most talented, happy, funny and awesome man i'll ever know... My inspiration and best friend. I lost him suddenly in August last year and not a single day passes that I don't miss or think about him in one way or another, whether it's making me laugh with memories of his Dad-isms or bringing a tear to my eye when I hear music that reminds me of him so much.

We were busy for last years Father's Day and didn't see him on the day, 2 months later my Dad was gone... This afternoon i'm visiting his grave and saying Happy Father's Day in person.

To all of you who still have your Dad's or are father's yourselves, make sure you tell those around you that you love them... and give an extra hug for those of us who can't.

Happy Father's Day x
    so sorry for your loss :( i know how you feel. in two days it will be 9 years since i lost my father in a motercycle accident.for fathers day i gave him tickets to a phillies game we never got to go to :( i still think of him all the time(he was my best friend too) p.s.the accident was right around the corner from where i live...i drive right passed it every day coming home from work....always makes me cry,even now 9 years later...i still love my dad "BIG AL"
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    so happy fathers day you mother fucker :lol:

I guess I can't really be offended by this term anymore... cause now it's literally true :lol:
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    milarso wrote:
    so happy fathers day you mother fucker :lol:

I guess I can't really be offended by this term anymore... cause now it's literally true :lol:
    :lol: welcome to the club 8-) motherfucker :lol:
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

For me...

Every year Father's Day comes along and I don't get a surprise call from someone saying "Happy Father's Day"...I am grateful! :lol: At least to this point! :D
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    Breakfast with my family....

Dinner with her family........

Good to spend time with both Daddy's...............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Happy Father's day.

I always laugh when my mom tells my dad everyday is father's day for him. lol
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I had a great day with my dad, took him and my mom and sis out for lunch at his favorite place in San Jose, and then on a nice drive to a festival at Mission San Juan Bautista :) even worked on a drawing with him, first time ever collaborating on an art piece. That was super awesome.

I love my pa :)
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,262
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Happy Father's Day! :joy:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Love you dad!!!! :hug: