Options

Breaking Bad...

Comments

• Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    to be clear, I stole that from another site. :) I'm no Columbo
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    GD274660 wrote:
    http://i52.tinypic.com/2lkbgnc.png

This is a poisonous plant, White Monkshood.

(Heh...White)

The more I think about it, what makes this premise even more thin is that always overly paranoid Skyler would have a poisonous plant sitting around when they have an infant. I'm just not buying that Walt poisoned a boy he's never met or interacted with. The writers are better than that.
    As much as I hate to say it, I think Gus gets it in the finale and Season 5 will not revolve around Walt cooking but evading Hank. Sooner or later Hank will find the connection of Jesse to Gus and when he does, he'll be close to finding out that Walt's involved. Hector's not done either.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Heisenberg wrote:
    They don't seem to like Jesse to have his shit together for very long. I'd be willing to bet the kid simply got the cigarette out of Jesse's bag to "be like him" which will send Jesse into another tailspin of self-loathing because he will once again lose the only thing he has that is even close to a family. No way Gus knew about it, and no way Walt would do something like that.

There is no show on television that is nearly as good as Breaking Bad. It still boggles my mind that "Mad Men" is the AMC show that gets most of the attention.
    Jesse said he still had the cigarette in the morning when he switched packs. Brock would've needed to swipe the cigarette and flipped a different one upside-down.
    Heisenberg wrote:
    GD274660 wrote:

(Heh...White)

The more I think about it, what makes this premise even more thin is that always overly paranoid Skyler would have a poisonous plant sitting around when they have an infant. I'm just not buying that Walt poisoned a boy he's never met or interacted with. The writers are better than that.
    As much as I hate to say it, I think Gus gets it in the finale and Season 5 will not revolve around Walt cooking but evading Hank. Sooner or later Hank will find the connection of Jesse to Gus and when he does, he'll be close to finding out that Walt's involved. Hector's not done either.
    Promo for next week has Jesse talking to the DEA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW921asea2g
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Hector's not done either.

... shitting his pants.

That's the only thing he can do is fart and shit his pants again. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    Heisenberg wrote:
    GD274660 wrote:

(Heh...White)

i just can't see them getting rid of gus. clearly, something big will happen on sunday, but i just can't see it being gus. i just can't really see them doing the entire fifth season as hank vs. walt... and you seem skeptic too. we'll see.

the cigarette was either walt or the kid on his own... i'm hoping for walt, bc that would be messed up, and i'd love to see where the show would go from there.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    NoCode416 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    GD274660 wrote:

(Heh...White)

the cigarette was either walt or the kid on his own... i'm hoping for walt, bc that would be messed up, and i'd love to see where the show would go from there.

Gus said to Jesse that there would be an "appropriate response" beacuse of the DEA searching the laundry place. Gus taking out that kid was the response.
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    But it's not like the kid or Jesse had anything to do with the dea showing up so I don't see how that is an appropriate response.

I hope Hank does discover it's walt. I have a feeling skyla is going to fuck it up. I was just waiting for her to say something on the phone to walt about the dea finding nothing and have Hank or Marie over hear it. But yeah I can see the cliffhanger maybe being Gus dying but we don't find out he is dead til the next season then everything unravels leading Hank to walt.

There is still the possibility that sol's guy lifted the cig, but I'm not sure why. Maybe he has been working with Gus the whole time and that is why Gus is always ten steps ahead of walt and Jesse.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    I LOVE THIS SHOW!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    But it's not like the kid or Jesse had anything to do with the dea showing up so I don't see how that is an appropriate response.

I hope Hank does discover it's walt. I have a feeling skyla is going to fuck it up. I was just waiting for her to say something on the phone to walt about the dea finding nothing and have Hank or Marie over hear it. But yeah I can see the cliffhanger maybe being Gus dying but we don't find out he is dead til the next season then everything unravels leading Hank to walt.

There is still the possibility that sol's guy lifted the cig, but I'm not sure why. Maybe he has been working with Gus the whole time and that is why Gus is always ten steps ahead of walt and Jesse.

No way could Sol's guy take the cigarette. The guy has a frying pan hand and sausage fingers. He is not lifting much.
  • Options
    NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    NoCode416 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Gus said to Jesse that there would be an "appropriate response" beacuse of the DEA searching the laundry place. Gus taking out that kid was the response.

gus would not have been tipped off to trouble in the hospital parking garage had he been the one to poison the kid. he figured out there was a reason why jesse would only talk at the hospital...

there was no reason for gus to go to the hospital if he was the one who poisoned the kid.

but there's the problem of how walt could have gotten to the cigs... i dunno... maybe he did literally use the poisonous flower (but then what happened to the cig?)

i think it's more likely that the kid just got to them on his own than gus having done it.

that said, i'm sure it will be gus because i'm so sure it's not gus... that's why i love the show.
  • Options
    NoCode416 wrote:

that said, i'm sure it will be gus because i'm so sure it's not gus... that's why i love the show.

haha...exactly!! I can't wait until Sunday night.
  • Options
    holy effin shit!
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    God I hope there isn't another year long wait for next season.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    GD274660 wrote:

(Heh...White)

lest not forget that walt did the same thing in letting jesse's junkie girlfriend od in season two. This is the second time that jessie was way to fucked up to realize the dangerous path both she and gus were leading him down. the girl obviously heroine. With gus, it was jessie's trust in him. Only walt knew they dangers of keeping both the junkie and gus alive. That's why he poisoned the kid. He needed jessie on his side so he could kill gus

the writer's are usually pretty good about tying up loose ends, id be curious to rewatch last week's episode to see if there were anyh indication of walt dropping anything at jessie's to poison the kid
  • Options
    God I hope there isn't another year long wait for next season.

the promos mentioned next summer, so yeah we got some time :cry:
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    GD274660 wrote:

(Heh...White)

lest not forget that walt did the same thing in letting jesse's junkie girlfriend od in season two. This is the second time that jessie was way to fucked up to realize the dangerous path both she and gus were leading him down. the girl obviously heroine. With gus, it was jessie's trust in him. Only walt knew they dangers of keeping both the junkie and gus alive. That's why he poisoned the kid. He needed jessie on his side so he could kill gus

the writer's are usually pretty good about tying up loose ends, id be curious to rewatch last week's episode to see if there were anyh indication of walt dropping anything at jessie's to poison the kid
    Doubt that he would've left something at Jesse's place. He didn't get the idea to poison the kid until after the visit.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Am I the only one who firmly believes that by the time it's all said and done, Breaking Bad will not only be the best show on TV, but the best show ever?
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Am I the only one who firmly believes that by the time it's all said and done, Breaking Bad will not only be the best show on TV, but the best show ever?

I've been wanting to watch this for a while...I've heard nothing but great things about it and it's the only thing that Netflix gives me an estimated 5 out of 5 stars for. So many great shows out there and not enough TV watching time... :) Plus a lot of the shows I watch have violence/nudity/language so I have to wait for the little one to go to sleep..and by that time I'm usually ready to go to sleep myself. :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    So what is Walt's body count up to now? Directly and indirectly? (plane crash)
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    Wow.

I'm going to miss Gus. What a great character.

What the hell is going to happen next season? Will Walt be the new Gus? Will Hank finally find out about Walt? It's going to be a long wait!
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Am I missing something, but what happened to Mike? I know he was shot but I don't remember anything coming from that.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Am I missing something, but what happened to Mike? I know he was shot but I don't remember anything coming from that.

It was left as an open end. He didn't die, but he is apparently still in Mexico recovering from the near fatal wound.

What a freakin' ending. Someone here said Hector wasn't done, and they were right. The look on Gus's face when Hector started ringing that bell was great, and the final shot in Walt's backyard.... so he actually did have something to do with Brock's poisoning. I always end up underestimating Walt's intelligence.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    I could see Walt taking the reigns with Mike and Jesse by his side next season.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    I could see Walt taking the reigns with Mike and Jesse by his side next season.
    It's possible, but if he did that, you would think that he'd want to keep that nice lab.

But, considering he knows that Hank is truly on to finding it eventually, destroying it was probably the best thing to do.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

It was left as an open end. He didn't die, but he is apparently still in Mexico recovering from the near fatal wound.

What a freakin' ending. Someone here said Hector wasn't done, and they were right. The look on Gus's face when Hector started ringing that bell was great, and the final shot in Walt's backyard.... so he actually did have something to do with Brock's poisoning. I always end up underestimating Walt's intelligence.

I have a feeling that we will be hearing from Mike next season.
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    I don't want to wait til next summer for this show to come back. That was absolutely nuts. Something inside tells me Gus ain't out just yet.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    EPIC

Where does this leave them hmm, start their own business is too obvious.
  • Options
    EZ1221C wrote:
    I don't want to wait til next summer for this show to come back. That was absolutely nuts. Something inside tells me Gus ain't out just yet.

Seriously??? I'm pretty sure he's dead! Half of his face was missing.
  • Options
    EZ1221C wrote:

You did see half of his head blown off right? Also, they mentioned during the news cast in the show that three poeple were confirmed dead. If they write Gus back into the show after this damage to the head it would be very hard to swallow. :lol:

breaking-bad-gus-face.jpg
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    DS1119 wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:

You did see half of his head blown off right? Also, they mentioned during the news cast in the show that three poeple were confirmed dead. If they write Gus back into the show after this damage to the head it would be very hard to swallow. :lol:

breaking-bad-gus-face.jpg
    Not in the way that he isn't dead, more of that he had a contingency plan, in case this sort of thing happened. Something through a character like Mike, who was conspicuously absent from the finale. I think Gus himself is dead as a doornail.
    PLAY THE SOUTH