Breaking Bad...

sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Searched and no thread...

Season Three has been pretty wild... Then last night an awesome episode with only Walt and Jessie (and the fly) Pretty cool...
1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
1998: MSG I, Hartford
2000: Jones Beach I
2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
2010: Hartford
2013 Worcester II, Hartford
2016 Fenway I
2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I have been persuaded by friends to watch this show. The last three episodes have been great. I really just have a problem with Malcom's dad as the lead in this show. It's a well done show, but I just cannot stand that dude.

Also, the kid needs to stop saying "Yo!" so much. Other than that, the show kicks ass.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    At the beginning I didn't even recognize him as Malcom's dad... The guy's great actor...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    I have heard a lot about this series. I just added season one to my NetFlix list.
    "It's all happening"
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Great show, it's probably one of the best on tv.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    We just started watching the first season on my PS3 via Netflix (so awesome to be able to stream movies and shit)...this show is awesome...totally awesome. Cranston is an underrated actor in my honest opinion and I think this show shines a light on that fact.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    dcfaithful wrote:
    We just started watching the first season on my PS3 via Netflix (so awesome to be able to stream movies and shit)...this show is awesome...totally awesome. Cranston is an underrated actor in my honest opinion and I think this show shines a light on that fact.

I don't think I'd consider him underrated as he's won the lead actor Emmy the last two years for this role and will probably make it a trifecta this fall. Between that, Malcolm in the Middle and his turn as Tim Whatley, the jewish dentist comedian from Seinfeld, a lot of people have know of this guy's work for the past 20 years.

Anyone else pissed that their DVR recorded the finale for 107 minutes, but the last 50 were of this new show AMC was sneak-peaking?
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    jamburger wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I don't think I'd consider him underrated as he's won the lead actor Emmy the last two years for this role and will probably make it a trifecta this fall. Between that, Malcolm in the Middle and his turn as Tim Whatley, the jewish dentist comedian from Seinfeld, a lot of people have know of this guy's work for the past 20 years.

Anyone else pissed that their DVR recorded the finale for 107 minutes, but the last 50 were of this new show AMC was sneak-peaking?

haha, I stand corrected then. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I just finished watching season 3 :shock:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    I have been persuaded by friends to watch this show. The last three episodes have been great. I really just have a problem with Malcom's dad as the lead in this show. It's a well done show, but I just cannot stand that dude.

I wouldn't say I hate him, but I think him being the main actor has kept me away from the show. I always think of him as Tim Whatley from "Seinfeld".

I think I'm going to give in and rent the first season because I have heard such good things about it. My wife finally gave in and started watching "Mad Men" on demand a couple of weeks ago and now we are hooked.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    dcfaithful wrote:

that's odd, netflix doesn't show that as being available to watch online for me.

between netflix and a local rental store (dvds are $2/7days) i have 3 episodes left for season 2 (which should be here tomorrow) and think it's a great show so far.

it is kinda odd sometimes thinking he was malcom's dad and now he's cooking meth and warning people to stay off his turf but i can get past it.

and yeah, jessie does say 'yo' quite a bit!
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • It's similar to The Shield, how Michael Chiklis went from the portly commish to bad ass Vic mackey. And not only did he pull it off, The Shield is my favorite TV show ever (Simpsons aside, of course)
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    This is without a doubt the best show on TV. The way season 3 ended was awesome...I can't wait for season 4. The only thing that sucks is the seasons are so short that you gotta wait like 8-9 months for the next season.
  • the best thing about it to me, and The Shield was the same way, is most episodes you say to yourself, How in the hell will they get out of this one? And they usually don't. Most TV shows, everything is wrapped up neatly in a bow by the end of the hour
    This is without a doubt the best show on TV. The way season 3 ended was awesome...I can't wait for season 4. The only thing that sucks is the seasons are so short that you gotta wait like 8-9 months for the next season.
    It's going to be a longer wait this time around. The fourth season doesn't start until July 2011.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/110/1102025p1.html

it is kinda odd sometimes thinking he was malcom's dad and now he's cooking meth and warning people to stay off his turf but i can get past it.

on second thought i guess that's the whole point....walt's character is supposed to be the exact opposite of what you'd think a meth manufacturer is.

finished the 2nd season and thought it could've had a better ending but it was still good
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

finished the 2nd season and thought it could've had a better ending but it was still good

on second thought.... :ugeek: after watching a couple episodes of season 3 and seeing the scope of the reaction to a decision walt made it wasn't so bad. i think the ending felt like a let down because i had been renting/getting them from netflix so i watched the special features before getting the next disc. on the 1st or 2nd disc of 4 in the special features the creator gives away the ending so i knew it was coming most of the time, i probably would've liked the ending a lot more if i didn't know what it would be.
    don't compete; coexist

i have 4 more episodes for season 3, this is one of the best shows i've seen, so far i would say every episode has been worth it. nothing like lost like with the richard episode where it was somewhat cool to see his origins but you felt they could've done a lot more with the time.

jessie's had quite a character arc over 3 seasons. it said on the special features to season 1 he was originally supposed to die in the 1st season but they liked him so they kept him. same with the guy in the first few episodes, he was supposed to die in that 1st or 2nd episode but they liked him so they kept him for a few more.
    don't compete; coexist

i have 4 more episodes for season 3, this is one of the best shows i've seen, so far i would say every episode has been worth it. nothing like lost like with the richard episode where it was somewhat cool to see his origins but you felt they could've done a lot more with the time.

jessie's had quite a character arc over 3 seasons. it said on the special features to season 1 he was originally supposed to die in the 1st season but they liked him so they kept him. same with the guy in the first few episodes, he was supposed to die in that 1st or 2nd episode but they liked him so they kept him for a few more.
    You're in for a treat, the next couple of episodes are great.

dude..... :shock: i wouldn't even know how to describe that, those last 4 or so episodes were effing amazing.

the only shows i've seen nominated in that category are breaking bad and lost, i hope aaron paul (jessie) wins it for best supporting actor, even if it means beating 2 ppl from lost, his acting has been phenomenal this season. i think they will give best male lead to matthew fox for lost since cranston's already won at least once for breaking bad and this is fox's 1st nomination and lost's last season. but i think cranston, paul, the creator and writers....deserve to win all sorts of awards for this season
    don't compete; coexist

dude..... :shock: i wouldn't even know how to describe that, those last 4 or so episodes were effing amazing.

the only shows i've seen nominated in that category are breaking bad and lost, i hope aaron paul (jessie) wins it for best supporting actor, even if it means beating 2 ppl from lost, his acting has been phenomenal this season. i think they will give best male lead to matthew fox for lost since cranston's already won at least once for breaking bad and this is fox's 1st nomination and lost's last season. but i think cranston, paul, the creator and writers....deserve to win all sorts of awards for this season

Pretty awesome ending to the season huh? Aaron Paul definitely deserves an Emmy....
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    cool show, Saul is the man!
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Who else is pumped for this show to start back up tonight???!!!

Best show on TV!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    can. not. wait.

!!!
    wah
    Good start to the season. Not to thrilled with next weeks preview. I was kind of hoping Jesse kicked his drug habit and now it looks like he's moving onto coke. Hopefully I just misinterpreted the clips.
  • It's on the DVR. Will have to get it in this week.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
    Good start to the season. Not to thrilled with next weeks preview. I was kind of hoping Jesse kicked his drug habit and now it looks like he's moving onto coke. Hopefully I just misinterpreted the clips.

Very good start to the season. I didn't really get that from the clips of next week that Jesse is on coke, but maybe I missed it. I was pretty damn tired.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I love how in the Denny's scene at the end Walt still has the Large sticker on his Kenny Rogers t-shirt. So zoned out he just didn't think to take it off.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11

Very good start to the season. I didn't really get that from the clips of next week that Jesse is on coke, but maybe I missed it. I was pretty damn tired.
    One of the scenes there was a table with white powder on it and in another scene a lady handed him a brick of something. I kind of remember her as that girl he was seeing in season 3 and I think he was trying to get her addicted to heroin or something.

One of the scenes there was a table with white powder on it and in another scene a lady handed him a brick of something. I kind of remember her as that girl he was seeing in season 3 and I think he was trying to get her addicted to heroin or something.

Got it. It wasn't the girl he was seeing in season 3 though....she died last season from an overdose.

Got it. It wasn't the girl he was seeing in season 3 though....she died last season from an overdose.

Actually, nevermind. I was thinking of that girl Jane that Jesse was seeing in season 2.