Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,122
    My legs are kilimg me
    my voice is shot
    I love the band
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    i honestly didn't think i could take any more...but i didn't want it to end. i didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or shit my pants. everything about the show was amazing, but slow lukin????? hungerstrike???????

jesus.

i have no idea how i am supposed to sleep tonight.

You took the words right out of my mouth. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    JB273968JB273968 Posts: 61
    3rd show of the tour. other shows might have been better, awesome one none the less tonight. had to sit down after hunger strike....couldn't believe what just happened...emotionally drained. msg rocked...band on fire...thank you thank you thank you. have fun in europe boys. hope to see you soon again.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Fuck you pearl jam for making tonight the greatestest concert ever I've been to. I thought msg was gonna collapse during encore 2. Black and betterman were unreal.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Luckytwn1 wrote:
    Last night was very good but this blew that away.

The version of Black was unbelievable. And did anyone else think it looked like Ed wiped away tears, overwhelmed by the crowd response during Betterman? He certainly had to compose himself.

The best show I saw on the tour. I saw all the CA shows last October and the 4th LA show was great too but it's hard to compare a show being played at Universal to the Garden. The Garden is a magical place that brings out the best in all performers and you certainly will never get a crowd like that in LA (I live in LA so this isn't bias, it's just fact).

AGREE it blew it away.

AGREE it really looked like Ed wiped his tear or water filled eye away while looking out at the crowd at that time... saw exactly what you did...

AGREE this crowd blew away LA 1-4 in 09 - FACT(and Univeral Amph is not conducive to loud crowds also to begin with). I was also at all 4 LA shows and came in from LA for this, and have to say the NY crowd tonight was just insane... all the way through... start to finish....

Mind is still boggled from what it saw tonight... This really was one of the best ever.... anyone not want their ticket stub? lol Anyone get an extra poster?
  • Options
    pjaddictsince91pjaddictsince91 New Jersey Posts: 181
    Tonight was completely and totally OFF THE FUCKIN' HOOK!!! Easily one of the best shows ever - EVER! The boys ripped through this gem of a setlist like there was no tomorrow...and ripped MSG a new asshole and everyone lucky enough to be in the building. Tonight was truly a very special gift. Holy Crap - BREATH, HUNGERSTRIKE, BYR, Nothingman, Sweet Lew, Lukin II (another way to skin the cat!), Betterman was one for the ages. Hears to the best band on the planet...Cheers boys and thank you!
    "I'm just feeling so tough with my ukelele...my badass mother f'in ukelele" EV 8/7/08 Newark, NJ

• Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    hot damn...didnt attend but just read every single comment in this fanview and i have chills. cant wait for this boot. congrats everyone on what sounds like a monumental show! more proof that this is the best band ever....period
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    in eds treein eds tree Denver Posts: 539
    Lukin II (another way to skin the cat!), quote]

hahahahhahaha! i forgot about that! "who goes around skinning fucking cats??"
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    I've never seen anything like what I was fortunate enough to witness tonight. The band transcended anything I could have EVER imagined them doing, and there was a true symbiotic relationship between the fans and the band, in terms of the way they were feeding off each other's energy. I'm speechless, and all at the same time all I want to do is talk about it, and hang onto this feeling for the rest of my life. Pure, 100% ecstasy.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    BetterVedderBetterVedder Posts: 145
    WOW!!!! amazing show, best one I've ever seen... Everyone there tonight should be proud because we rocked the house, what a vibe!!!!!!!!!!!!! hunger strike, sweet lew, the real me lukin 2 were a real treat!!...... Thanks boys, Pearl Jam rocks.
    "I don't wanna go, from Toronto!!!" - EV '06
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    slow lukin is SO much better than it seems on the board. it was so insanely good, iits practically a new song. they completely nailed Real Me too. it was an excellent show.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    Slow Lukin, aka Lukin II aka Lukinsane was amazing IMO
    Great show, prob the best crowd I have ever experienced
    Great overall Setlist, great rarities, great-est city in the world!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    CJMST3K wrote:
    slow lukin is SO much better than it seems on the board. it was so insanely good, iits practically a new song. they completely nailed Real Me too. it was an excellent show.

Did any one else think of Chris Cornell's slow Billie Jean during slow Lukin?
  • Options
    wilfmisswilfmiss Posts: 196
    Loved New-kin!
    3-29-94-FL/9-24-96-MD/9-18-98-MD/9-05-00-PA/4-26-03-PA/5-03-03-PA/7-12-03-PA/10-1-04-PA/9-19-05-ON/9-28-05-PA/5-09-06-ON/5-10-06-ON/6-23-06-PA/6-19-08-NJ/10-28-09-PA/5-20-10-NY/5-21-10-NY/9-11-11-ON/9-12-11-ON/9-2-12-PA/9-22-12-GA/10-11-13-PA/10-18-13-NY/10-19-13-NY/10-16-14-MI/9-26-15-NY/4-9-16-FL/4-11-16-FL/8-8-18-WA/8-10-18-WA
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    Still can't wipe the awe off my face. I'm so blown away I could cry right now.

Slow Lukin, Hunger Strike, the crowd on Nothingman, Given to Fly and Better Man... I have no words to describe.

To Pearl Jam, the 10C and the loudest, most inspired crowd ever: THANK YOU
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    finally hunger strike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome show guys, can't wait for next time
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:

So true. Just listened to it again. Recorded it on the phone. It's fuckin amazing!!! Love it!!!
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,148
    My 42nd show, and my first "I'm Open" (not to mention "B/R/Y" and "Sweet Lew"). I came into this week of shows needing 7 songs to complete the studio albums, and I heard 5 of them over the 5 shows. All that's left is "Around The Bend" and "Bugs."

That moment during "Better Man" was just transcendent. Man, it was loud. Ed wasn't the only one wiping away tears-- I can't remember the last time I was this emotional at a show. The eyes welled up during "Better Man" and "Yellow Ledbetter," and there were very nearly sobs during "Black" (damn you, Sarah!)

"Grievance"! So good.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    wilfmisswilfmiss Posts: 196
    Dear Pearl Jam:

I'm sorry, you ripped my face off!
    3-29-94-FL/9-24-96-MD/9-18-98-MD/9-05-00-PA/4-26-03-PA/5-03-03-PA/7-12-03-PA/10-1-04-PA/9-19-05-ON/9-28-05-PA/5-09-06-ON/5-10-06-ON/6-23-06-PA/6-19-08-NJ/10-28-09-PA/5-20-10-NY/5-21-10-NY/9-11-11-ON/9-12-11-ON/9-2-12-PA/9-22-12-GA/10-11-13-PA/10-18-13-NY/10-19-13-NY/10-16-14-MI/9-26-15-NY/4-9-16-FL/4-11-16-FL/8-8-18-WA/8-10-18-WA
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Bdog10 wrote:
    Slow Lukin!!! What? The sickest thing I ever heard.

One of many highlights for sure. Hunger strike breath lukin bry sweet lew. Unbelievable crowd even the not so rare songs felt special. Definitely going to miss these nights.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    BREATH
    HUNGERSTRIKE
    SLOW LUKIN
    NOTHINGMAN

AND MANY MANY OTHER AWESOME SONGS!!!

awesome show tonight crowd was great as expected just like last night

what an awesome 3 shows thank to the greatest band on earth
  • Options
    Wish I had this set list last night! The 20th was amazing, but tonight's looks just mind-blowing.
  • Options
    sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    Friend went to both shows. Said it was amazing. I stoped at Hartford. Tonight looks amazing. Pearl Jam I please hope you recorded video for this. I def need this DVD! You want to make money I will pay $100 for this! Gladly!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    just got home. wired..1:30 am and i'm going to attempt some sort of review. four shows in a week and this one was definitely the best. the crowd was insane! one of the best crowds i've ever seen, maybe the same as a philly 3. after 44 shows i finally got black, red and yellow, excellant song live! now maybe play against the 70's. given to fly sounded amazing. and then to go into spin! holy shit...just awesome. then a phenomenal rvm...wow wow wow. the real me was awesome, unthought known is a crowd sing a long and almosts sounds like it's been played live for 20 years.
    nothingman never sounded so pretty. and god present tense.... no code has to be their most underrated albums. hunger strike, haven't heard it since '03 in new jersey but this one had to be one of the best versions ever. kick out the jams...stone was rocking!

just huge sing a longs all night long.

thanks 10c for yet another round of amazing tickets (both nights at msg section 1 row n). thanks to pearl jam for playing awesome. and thank you to the greatest fans for making the last week so damn amazing. i don't know how they do it but they keep getting better and better; the band and the fans. get ready europe.

here's hoping for a fall tour!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    Now that is a tour (U.S.) we can all be proud of!!! Way to finish up with style boys! To have caught one of these shows feels like being a part of something truly historic...what r we to do with the rest of our summer now? :D:o:cry:
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    wpost211wpost211 Posts: 124
    Amazing show! So many highlights. Nice three night run counting Newark. Got a lot of cool tunes like Alone, Footsteps and Brother. Last night was intense. Crazy energy. And then tonight, what can you say?
    "there's a lot to be said for nowhere...."

1996 - Randall's Island II 1998 - MSG I
    2000 - Jones Beach II & III 2003 - Uniondale, MSG I & II
    2006 - E. Ruth I & II 2007 - Lollapalooza
    2008 - MSG I & II, Hartford 2009 - Philly IV
    2010 - Newark, MSG I & II
  • Options
    not the best, but not the worst tour closer ever. somewhere in the middle, definitely overhyped, boston still had the best show and crowd of the tour. will post more later
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    not the best, but not the worst tour closer ever. somewhere in the middle, definitely overhyped, boston still had the best show and crowd of the tour. will post more later

bad buzz
  • Options

Middle child syndrome... he needs a hug quick! lol

Continue with the stellar and 100% appropriate reviews...

As you were...
  • Options

Middle child syndrome... he needs a hug quick! lol

Continue with the stellar and 100% appropriate reviews...

As you were...

Crazy awesome show. It was unbelievable. Best ever. Killed all others!!! Nothing holds a candle to this bad boy... ;)