Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Thanksgiving weekend. I hope it's their own money. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Thanksgiving weekend. I hope it's their own money. 
    Awesome. No chance it’s their own dough though. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    Lmao
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    What in the actual fuck is happening right there? My god.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,895
    Jesus  H.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Maybe time for more practice and a bit less dancing for Philly. Lol 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Tiger to -5.
  • Options
    ^ Definitely seems to be a force regularly again. Great to see. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,455
    fuck tiger.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    We :heart: Tiger!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    bbiggs said:
    He needs binoculars to see the leaders ... that is not being a force...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    edited August 2018
    bbiggs said:
    He’s four strokes ahead of Jordan Spieth. So Spieth’s not a force, either, right?

People just need to get used to the fact that Tiger is back. Not the Tiger of a decade ago....but he’s back.... and he will contend regularly and he will win again. He is still one of the best golfers in the world. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^ Amen 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    I think yesterday will be the downfall of Tiger.   Can his body hold up for four rounds when it matters, or is he going to wake up with a stiff back and have to manage his way around the course with his C+ flexibility.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Not doing much contending this weekend. Still all "Tiger Tiger Tiger" on every sports outlet as if the 32 tied with or ahead of him (including 17 Americans) aren't even playing.
  • Options
    Go read the leaderboard and statistics if that is what you are looking for.  The sports media is going to report the stories that people want to read about.   No one cared about Molinari winning the open.  They wanted to read how Tiger lost it.  Are you saying you would read a story about Zach Johnson finishing 12th, or some random golfer finishing third?  No, there is an article about the winner and then the articles about the players the fans actually care about.
  • Options
    I think yesterday will be the downfall of Tiger.   Can his body hold up for four rounds when it matters, or is he going to wake up with a stiff back and have to manage his way around the course with his C+ flexibility.
    I haven’t watched any of the tournament. Is he complaining of back stiffness? I think he’s showed recently he can hold up for 4 rounds when it matters though. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Oh jesus christ, do I have to fucking explain this again?

How will people ever know to care about anyone else when all that's ever reported is Tiger Fucking Woods?  That's why no one cares, they NEVER hear about anything else.
  • Options

How will people ever know to care about anyone else when all that's ever reported is Tiger Fucking Woods?  That's why no one cares, they NEVER hear about anything else.
    They cared about Tiger because he won a lot.  Phil won a lot.  Spieth won a lot.  Thomas won a lot. D. Johnson won a lot.   Win a lot and they will write stories about you.  Very simple.  There are 50 or so PGA tourneys a year.  Winning one of those every three years or so doesn’t matter to me or the average fan.  It is very simple and the proof is that the media writes stories to get clicks and not stories that not one person comments on.  
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,600
    Let’s fucking go day!
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    I haven’t watched any of the tournament. Is he complaining of back stiffness? I think he’s showed recently he can hold up for 4 rounds when it matters though. 
    The commentary I was reading said he was struggling with his speed this week and had some poor range sessions.  Leishman said his distances were down in round 3 (but that it was just one of those days).  Tiger has said before that he is getting older and his recovery time is not as quick.  I forget which tournament it was but he said he just woke up with more soreness than usual (because of age and not necessary back surgeries).  I am not saying he is unhealthy and can't play four rounds, I'm just saying with his age and past surgeries he is going to be prone to some bad days physically compared to 20-somethings who can go full throttle every day. 
  • Options

There were several years where Tiger want around. During this time, he was consequently not reported on very much. Ratings dropped. Tiger is now around again. He is now being reported about again. Ratings are up again.

As someone said earlier:
    Ali
    Jordan 
    Tiger
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    The commentary I was reading said he was struggling with his speed this week and had some poor range sessions.  Leishman said his distances were down in round 3 (but that it was just one of those days).  Tiger has said before that he is getting older and his recovery time is not as quick.  I forget which tournament it was but he said he just woke up with more soreness than usual (because of age and not necessary back surgeries).  I am not saying he is unhealthy and can't play four rounds, I'm just saying with his age and past surgeries he is going to be prone to some bad days physically compared to 20-somethings who can go full throttle every day. 
    Yep. And as someone who is closing in on 40, with zero back surgeries, I can still relate. Lol 
  • Options
    ^^^ +1 and that is without the lol...lol
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,455

your opinion = thumbs up

your bitmoji? not so much.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited August 2018

People bitching about Tiger Woods’ coverage is way more annoying than Tiger Woods’ coverage. 

I couldn’t watch today, but it looks like he finished his round early into CBS’s telecast. So you had 3+ hours of non Tiger golf. Why are you so upset?

And why are you under the impression that no cares about anyone else other than Tiger?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    bbiggs said:
    He’s four strokes ahead of Jordan Spieth. So Spieth’s not a force, either, right?

People just need to get used to the fact that Tiger is back. Not the Tiger of a decade ago....but he’s back.... and he will contend regularly and he will win again. He is still one of the best golfers in the world. 
    How'd Tiger do Sunday?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    bbiggs said:

How'd Tiger do Sunday?  
    Not well. But, you know what? He was still a stroke better than Spieth on Sunday and a full 5 strokes ahead of him for the whole tournament. So, I'll ask you again since you didn't answer the first time: Spieth isn't a force either, now, right? 

For more perspective, here is a list of some of the players Tiger placed ahead of  this weekend when he wasn't playing his best:

Molinari
    Chappell
    Hidecki
    Kisner
    Stenson
    Garcia
    Berger
    Vegas
    Hoffman
    Scott
    Harman
    Perez
    Grillo

Anyone know what these players all have in common? Yes, you are correct: they are all considered some of the best players in the world. 

Get used to it man. He's back. To dispute that is to dispute reality. 

chinese-happy.jpg