Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    Wobbie said:
    gotta gotta gotta be their own money.....like, millions.
    $10,000,000 to be exact. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    Wobbie said:
    gotta gotta gotta be their own money.....like, millions.
    $10,000,000 to be exact. 

fuck yeah, but it has to be their own money. no bullshit; no hidden corporate shit. THEIR OWN FUCKING MONEY!!!!!!!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    :no_mouth: I’ ve had a few again. the one dog is puking so, rather than going out, I’m drinking at home. 
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    edited July 2018
    While $10 mil in sponsorship money on the line would still be fun as it’s obviously an obscene amount of money for anyone, even these guys, I do think they have to have skin in the game. It’ll be fun regardless, it will be a lot more fun if they have money on the line.

That said, both are getting sponsorship money regardless, so they may each get like $5mil but the winners gets $15 mil? I like the sounds of that.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,537

Amazing finish at the Irish Open.  Unbelievable how Knox hit those two putts back to back on 18. 

Would love to watch a Tiger/Phil skins game, but part of me thinks it won't be as cool as I think. 

• Options
    Pumped for Na. Well deserved.
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    He's been playing really well this year
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,537
    Alright, another major week.  My prediction:  John Rahm.  He is going to bomb it and be successful at it, versus "iron off the tee" crowd.  Maybe Dustin Johnson too.     I haven't looked but the rough can't be that thick if the fairways are that burned out.
  • Options
    Alright, another major week.  My prediction:  John Rahm.  He is going to bomb it and be successful at it, versus "iron off the tee" crowd.  Maybe Dustin Johnson too.     I haven't looked but the rough can't be that thick if the fairways are that burned out.
    Hmmm. Thinking about this a bit this morning.  Debating whether I like the driver crowd (DJ, Rory, Rahm) or the non driver crowd (Tiger, Leish likely, Jordan).  If you can get a 3 iron out there 300, will the risk reward of going driver be that much of an advantage?

I need a big week in my one and done pool.  In the top 10 and a win would be huge.  Can't decide which way to go.
  • Options
    I think they were saying the rough is kind of whispy right now. That's why some guys aren't afraid to go ahead and take driver and hit it as far as they can. Now, hitting driver and landing in the rough is a lot different than landing in the fairway and rolling out 75-100 yards before finding the rough. It'll be interesting for sure.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Hmmm. Thinking about this a bit this morning.  Debating whether I like the driver crowd (DJ, Rory, Rahm) or the non driver crowd (Tiger, Leish likely, Jordan).  If you can get a 3 iron out there 300, will the risk reward of going driver be that much of an advantage?

I need a big week in my one and done pool.  In the top 10 and a win would be huge.  Can't decide which way to go.
    The thing about DJ is he’s so accurate with his drives, in addition to being longer than everyone. As usual, it will come down to putting for him. I think the winner will be a precision player who is a wizard with the putter. Spieth comes to mind but hard to back him right now. 
  • Options
    Going DJ
  • Options
    Going DJ
    Hard to argue against that. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Going DJ
    Best player in the world, biggest purse left this year.  What the hell else would I save him for.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Going DJ
    Best player in the world, biggest purse left this year.  What the hell else would I save him for.
    And if he’s driving the ball where he wants to, he’ll have a huge advantage. Driver, wedge, all day long. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Going DJ
    And if he’s driving the ball where he wants to, he’ll have a huge advantage. Driver, wedge, all day long. 
    Driver, putter maybe!
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Going DJ
    Driver, putter maybe!
    Very true! Can’t wait to watch it unfold. I love the Open. I get up at 3:30 am, make a pot of coffee and watch live major championship golf. Nothing better. 
  • Options
    So excited for the tournament to start. I'd say my order of favoritism for the majors is the Masters, The Open, The US Open, and then the PGA Championship. The middle two are pretty interchangeable. 
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    So excited for the tournament to start. I'd say my order of favoritism for the majors is the Masters, The Open, The US Open, and then the PGA Championship. The middle two are pretty interchangeable. 
    Yeah I love what the us open represents, much more so than the masters. I just love Augusta the course more than anything in the sport. I am masters, us open, British, pga, though if it’s a old course British that jumps to the top that year.
  • Options
    DJ has already gone driver, putter from just off the green and it didn't work well. Par.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    Golfing today, working tomorrow, working Saturday, and golfing Sunday morning. So, basically, I'm going to miss 90% of the Open this year. Fuck
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Damn. Spieth with some late round struggles. Unfortunate. 
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Welp, my DJ pick isn't going to work out...

On to the Draft Kings lineups
  • Options
    I am getting trounced in everything.

Leaderboard shaping up better than it was yesterday.  A lot of different games up there.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,738

Leaderboard shaping up better than it was yesterday.  A lot of different games up there.

I have Zach Johnson in my pick 5 pool.  But also have Poulter and Sergio who it looks like won't make the cut.  Also have Leishman and Spieth.  If Johnson wins I should finish in the money.  Love this tournament.  
  • Options

I have Zach Johnson in my pick 5 pool.  But also have Poulter and Sergio who it looks like won't make the cut.  Also have Leishman and Spieth.  If Johnson wins I should finish in the money.  Love this tournament.  
    I have Z Johnson (and Leishman) in some of my lineups, but get smoked by Rose and some of my cheaper players.

What a stupid decision on 18 from Kisner.  What does that hole do to people?
  • Options
    Spieth is built for The Open. We’ve seen this movie before. 
  • Options
    Anyone who is not team Kuchar this weekend is on the wrong side of history.  Let's go.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,738
    Anyone who is not team Kuchar this weekend is on the wrong side of history.  Let's go.
    Pulling for Zach Johnson for monetary purposes.  But if not him, would absolutely love to see Kuch finally get a major.  Should be a fun weekend...a lot of big names within a few shots.