The Golf Thread

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Cool story. Couldn’t imagine teeing it up there 
  • asatersasaters Loveland, CO Posts: 41
    Anyone interested in playing Chamber's Bay on August 9? Between the 2 Seattle shows? I played there back when I lived in Seattle(before the US Open) and would love to play it again! Thoughts?
    2013: Wrigley, OKC, Seattle
    2014: Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Greenville, SC, Fenway Night 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    I dislocated my kneecap playing hockey in January and haven't done shit for 3 months.....got very lucky and didn't tear anything or need surgery.  Got the go-ahead from my physical therapist yesterday that I can start playing golf again.  Too bad there was snow on the ground this morning!  Gotta get to the range soon and get back into it.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    I dislocated my kneecap playing hockey in January and haven't done shit for 3 months.....got very lucky and didn't tear anything or need surgery.  Got the go-ahead from my physical therapist yesterday that I can start playing golf again.  Too bad there was snow on the ground this morning!  Gotta get to the range soon and get back into it.

I have determined I will not play basketball again (unless I make it a weekly thing) because I don't want to play some one off basketball game and tear an ACL that would keep me from playing golf for a while.

I have determined I will not play basketball again (unless I make it a weekly thing) because I don't want to play some one off basketball game and tear an ACL that would keep me from playing golf for a while.

I'm done with everything but golf.  No more hockey or softball...just not worth it anymore especially now with a 1 year old running around.  I tore my ACL in high school and it was miserable...I thought I did the same thing again, but somehow no ligament damage.  
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    My favorite part was when I watched 4 hours of broadcast yesterday and not once was washed-up douchebag Tiger Woods mentioned or even shown.  Refreshing.

The guy who after 4 surgeries and being out of the game for 2 years came back and has made 4 out of 5 cuts (including a major cut made) and finished 5th and 2nd in two tournaments?   The same guy that generated the highest clubhead speed of the season?

club head speed and a dollar might get you a cup of coffee.

i work at a golf course.,,monday,the wind blew 60 mph..,,and dudes were golfing...it was beyond miserable.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    60mph is definitely a little insane to be golfing in. 
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    I just bought tickets to BMW International in Newtown Square, PA for my father for Father's Day.  I don't claim to know about irons, wind speed or to understand a good or bad lie, but I do enjoy watching the game and that's because of my father.  As a little girl I remember watching on the weekends and usually falling asleep, but now that I'm much older and so is my dad, I enjoy the game and understand much more than I did back then.  Golf is one expensive game, even just as a spectator but I don't care, dad is worth it and I can't wait till September.  Just wondering if any of my fellow Philly board members will be there.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    I just bought tickets to BMW International in Newtown Square, PA for my father for Father's Day.  I don't claim to know about irons, wind speed or to understand a good or bad lie, but I do enjoy watching the game and that's because of my father.  As a little girl I remember watching on the weekends and usually falling asleep, but now that I'm much older and so is my dad, I enjoy the game and understand much more than I did back then.  Golf is one expensive game, even just as a spectator but I don't care, dad is worth it and I can't wait till September.  Just wondering if any of my fellow Philly board members will be there.  
    Hey! Yeah I’ll be there
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Me too.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Me too.
    i got tickets for the Trophy club for Friday.  I'm really excited, mostly about seeing DJ, he's my favorite.  :)
    Sunset is 8:30pm tonight.  I am loving this.  Going to do a new schedule for the summer.  12 hour days on Mon and Wed, and then short days on Tues/Thurs/Fri to golf in the evenings.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I added a driving iron to my bag. Man is it fun hitting the Tiger stinger and watching people's reaction haha. At my tournament this last weekend I hit one 275 and had 78 yards in on a short par 4. I decided to quit messing with a driver and opted for a laser in the middle of the fairway. I hit 10 of 14 fairways and my misses were only a yard or 2 off the fairway. 
    bflynn1 said:
    I added a driving iron to my bag. Man is it fun hitting the Tiger stinger and watching people's reaction haha. At my tournament this last weekend I hit one 275 and had 78 yards in on a short par 4. I decided to quit messing with a driver and opted for a laser in the middle of the fairway. I hit 10 of 14 fairways and my misses were only a yard or 2 off the fairway. 
    That’s awesome. What is the loft on it? 
    bbiggs said:
    bflynn1 said:
    Thanks! It's an 18 degree 2 iron. The TaylorMade Tour Preferred UDI with a Project X 6.5 HZRDUS Black Tour Issue 105g shaft in it. I can swing as hard as I want and it only goes straight. 
    bflynn1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    bflynn1 said:
    Thanks! It's an 18 degree 2 iron. The TaylorMade Tour Preferred UDI with a Project X 6.5 HZRDUS Black Tour Issue 105g shaft in it. I can swing as hard as I want and it only goes straight. 
    That’s really impressive and a serious club. You must have a high swing speed to get the most out of that shaft. P X 6.5 is for the big boys. I have a gap in my bag between my 15 degree 3 wood and 21 degree 3 hybrid. The 3 wood is a missile launcher and the 3 hybrid is one of my most trusted clubs in the bag. I could definitely use an 18 degree though. 
    The 3 wood I play is an Exotics. They are actually manufactured in Batavia, IL which is very close to where I live. Pretty cool and they’re highly underrated fairway woods. 
    bbiggs said:
    bflynn1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    bflynn1 said:
    That’s really impressive and a serious club. You must have a high swing speed to get the most out of that shaft. P X 6.5 is for the big boys. I have a gap in my bag between my 15 degree 3 wood and 21 degree 3 hybrid. The 3 wood is a missile launcher and the 3 hybrid is one of my most trusted clubs in the bag. I could definitely use an 18 degree though. 
    I have PX 6.0 in my irons. I carry a 23 degree 4 hybrid, 20 degree 3 hybrid and then the 2 iron now. Irons are 5 through PW and then 50, 55, and 60 for the wedges. With the putter that gives me 13. Idk if I want to add another club though. I'm a lefty and I thought about adding a right handed club as my 14th in case I ever found myself on the wrong side of a tree, rock, etc. 
    ^ I like the PX 6.0 shafts a lot. I play Dynamic Gold S300 in my irons which are fine. My wedges are 50, 54, 58 and 5-PW play 4 degrees lower all the way down. My biggest gap is the 3H to 3W. Need a 5 wood or something of the like. Based on how you hit that 2 iron I don’t think you’ll need a righty club. You won’t be finding many trees. ;) 
    Did any of you see Titleist released a new golf ball called the AVX? It’s another premium ball that’s a hybrid of the pro v1 and pro v1x. I think theyre only releasing it in 3 states for starters. I wonder how it will do. 
    bbiggs said:
    Did any of you see Titleist released a new golf ball called the AVX? It’s another premium ball that’s a hybrid of the pro v1 and pro v1x. I think theyre only releasing it in 3 states for starters. I wonder how it will do. 

I saw those but I don't know anyone that's tried them yet.
    edited April 2018
    Played a few times this year but for me, golf season starts Saturday! High noon tee time with a couple buddies. 64 and sunny—Finally!

edit—mother f-cker. Now it says 66 and rain. The good lord doesn’t want me to golf this year!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Pretty cool that they're doing a team format for the Zurich Open now.  I was trying to figure out if there are any rules about which guys can partner together.  You'd think guys like JT and Spieth would partner up but it seems that there aren't any teams with 2 top tier guys together...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Call me sexist or whatever but I have absolutely zero interest in being on the course with a chick 
    Call me sexist or whatever but I have absolutely zero interest in being on the course with a chick 
    My wife asked me if I wanted her to take up golf. There was a one word answer...no. 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    I would play with Paige any day.
    Okay, not a huge fan of Justin Thomas but the walk out music choice of Circle of Life is pretty great.
    eddiec said:
    I would play with Paige any day.

Spiranic?
    chinese-happy.jpg