Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Suck Blue, Golf!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    Such a beautiful setting with lower Manhattan in the background.  Hope you guys have fun out there this weekend!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Yessir.  I am extremely pumped.  Just swung by the cigar shop for my stogies.

Steakhouse reservations in Jersey City.  I am sure a gentlemen's club will be in order.

Oh and golf, lots of fun golf.

A nice little doctor's appointment with the wife tomorrow morning too then hitting the road.  A solid weekend, if I say so myself.
  • Options

Steakhouse reservations in Jersey City.  I am sure a gentlemen's club will be in order.

A nice little doctor's appointment with the wife tomorrow morning too then hitting the road.  A solid weekend, if I say so myself.
    That's a fantastic weekend right there.  Hope everything is going well with little Cliffy...

Brutal conditions out there with the wind right now.  This Fowler/JT duo looks unbeatable so far...
  • Options

That's a fantastic weekend right there.  Hope everything is going well with little Cliffy...

Brutal conditions out there with the wind right now.  This Fowler/JT duo looks unbeatable so far...
    Yeah, man. Pumped.  Thanks, man.  All seems to be going well so far.

Yeah, they smoked them.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467

strippers, cholesteral, cigars and golf.....typical day for cliffy.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Little Cliffy has a lot to live up to.  Suck Blue, golf
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Im new here . I haven't read the whole thread. But im watching the presidents cup. Love golf. Im from England. Why the hell do you Americans shout get in the hole every shot a player takes. I mean i ve even heard you shout it when players tee off with driver. I mean even the American commentators are embarrassed. It just makes no sence at all
     At first i thought am i missing a joke. But no these guys are fuckin serious???
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Im new here . I haven't read the whole thread. But im watching the presidents cup. Love golf. Im from England. Why the hell do you Americans shout get in the hole every shot a player takes. I mean i ve even heard you shout it when players tee off with driver. I mean even the American commentators are embarrassed. It just makes no sence at all
     At first i thought am i missing a joke. But no these guys are fuckin serious???
    It's annoying.  It gets especially bad at these team events like Ryder Cup and President Cup.  Bunch of drunken maniacs yelling all sorts of crazy shit.  I know you Brits are always well- behaved at sporting events too... :lol:

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,948
    edited September 2017
    Hahah. Yeah at golf we are gents. But at football(soccer) i guess you say. We were a bit more drunk and annoying
     But not so much no a days.  I try and understand the constant USA..USA...USA but the get in the hole off the tee on a par 5. Dear lord just bizarre  :o
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    That bunker shot from thomas is one of the best shots ive seen. That guy is a different class to everyone atm

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Hahah. Yeah at golf we are gents. But at football(soccer) i guess you say. We were a bit more drunk and annoying
     But not so much no a days.  I try and understand the constant USA..USA...USA but the get in the hole off the tee on a par 5. Dear lord just bizarre  :o

Oh yeah I'm with you....people like that are the worst.  Just people yelling out stupid shit like that so their friends can hear them on TV.
  • Options
    The US might lock this up today.  I know the US team is so deep, but still surprised it has been so lopsided.  Some pretty good players on the international team.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279

Yeah that was fun yesterday.  Watched a lot of Spieth and Reed and Phil and Kisner.

Also, I'll add that Jason Day's wife is incredibly underrated.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Yeah that was fun yesterday.  Watched a lot of Spieth and Reed and Phil and Kisner.

So underrated. Paulina is soooooooo overrated. Can't believe I'm saying this. It's so disappointing. She has an inch of makeup on her face. She was the first person we saw when we walked in yesterday. Tons of dudes taking pictures with her, another dudes wife, so embarrassing 

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I'm not a stalker, nope

Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    Nope 
  • Options
    Fuck Charley Hoffman. Was straight trash today and really wanted them to close it out today.

super fun tournament. So much different from a regular tournament. You see a TON less golf. You gotta sit on a hole, watch everyone come through then skip ahead. That said, such a fucking blast. I like team tournaments more than stroke in person 

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    I'm not a stalker, nope

You got a man-crush going here with JT.
  • Options
    Loved seeing Spieth penalized and as usual whining.  He can use the rules to take 30 minutes on a shot at the Open but can't accept when the rules go against him.
  • Options
    JT is the best around in my opinion . Solid on all parts of the game.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    See woo later!!!!

USA.

Fucking great weekend 
  • Options
  • Options

So underrated. Paulina is soooooooo overrated. Can't believe I'm saying this. It's so disappointing. She has an inch of makeup on her face. She was the first person we saw when we walked in yesterday. Tons of dudes taking pictures with her, another dudes wife, so embarrassing 

Kind of agree. We didn't see much of her on Friday. But I'd go Day's wife, Ricky's girlfriend, and then Paulina.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Kind of agree. We didn't see much of her on Friday. But I'd go Day's wife, Ricky's girlfriend, and then Paulina.
    An inch of makeup on her face.  I was very disappointed.

Daniel Berger's lady is absolutely smoking.
  • Options

An inch of makeup on her face.  I was very disappointed.

Daniel Berger's lady is absolutely smoking.
    Oh yeah...I somehow ended up on her instagram page yesterday.  Wow.  Golfers wives and girlfriends are always top notch.  Well, except for Bubba of course.
  • Options
    So what is everyone's plan for the fall/winter?  Shutting it down?  Play if about 40 degrees?  Go to heated ranges and indoor putting facilities?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    So what is everyone's plan for the fall/winter?  Shutting it down?  Play if about 40 degrees?  Go to heated ranges and indoor putting facilities?
    I usually shut it down under 45 degrees. Over that number and not soggy wet outside, I will usually try and play.....usually by myself as nobody else wants to play in that weather though. ha
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Cool.  Quick rounds when no one is on the course.

I watched Mickelson's short game video the last few days.  Going to give the Hinge and Hold method a try today and see how much chipping goes.  Can only get better.

• Options

I'll play if it's above 50..  Any colder than that just isn't enjoyable....especially when the course is soaked.  There's a range with heaters near me that I try to get to at least a couple times over the winter.  Have a bachelor party in early March in AZ where we will be definitely be doing some golfing..really looking forward to that.