The Golf Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    No laying up has a real good podcast with JT. Kid is everything you expect in an unreal 24 year old golfer. Confident borderline cocky. Knows how good he is, especially with his boys having success before him. I love it.
    F him
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    No laying up has a real good podcast with JT. Kid is everything you expect in an unreal 24 year old golfer. Confident borderline cocky. Knows how good he is, especially with his boys having success before him. I love it.
    F him
    Get used to it. He's taking over for the vanilla golden boy 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Listened to that yesterday.  Really good interview...seems like a somewhat normal dude considering he's one of the best golfers in the world.  No Laying Up has quickly become one of my favorite podcasts...good stuff on there.
    Listened to that yesterday.  Really good interview...seems like a somewhat normal dude considering he's one of the best golfers in the world.  No Laying Up has quickly become one of my favorite podcasts...good stuff on there.
    Yeah man. No laying up is great. Have been following those guys since the beginning. Crazy that the main dude is doing it full time now.

Definitely a normal dude who just bullshits with his buddies.  Would love to hear the kind of shit these guys talk on the course then put it to 3 feet. Shit, I talk shit then shank one. I can't imagine these guys.
    BMW this weekend.  This is when the whole playoffs thing gets fun...40 guys knocked out after this weekend.  Phil is close to top 30 and Rory isn't....crazy that someone like that won't even make it to the tour champsionship.  Conway Farms is only a 30 min drive from my house....I wanted to go, but I'm heading to Tampa for the Bears game this weekend.  
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    edited September 2017
    My DraftKings lineup this week: Mickelson, Justin Thomas, Leishman, Paul Casey, Daniel Berger, Patrick Reed.
    Post edited by bflynn1 on
    BMW this weekend.  This is when the whole playoffs thing gets fun...40 guys knocked out after this weekend.  Phil is close to top 30 and Rory isn't....crazy that someone like that won't even make it to the tour champsionship.  Conway Farms is only a 30 min drive from my house....I wanted to go, but I'm heading to Tampa for the Bears game this weekend.  
    Yeah, that's a sweet trip.  Enjoy.  I do enjoy these next two weeks.  Sooooooo much money on the line.

BMW is here next year and I was planning on volunteering as a marshal but I don't know if that is going to happen anymore so I will at least go one day.
    Yeah, that's a sweet trip.  Enjoy.  I do enjoy these next two weeks.  Sooooooo much money on the line.

BMW is here next year and I was planning on volunteering as a marshal but I don't know if that is going to happen anymore so I will at least go one day.

Where at?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited September 2017

Where at?
    Aronimink

Yeah, I don't get why these playoffs get so much hate.  Obviously these tournaments aren't majors, but you have 4 straight tournaments with all of the top guys on tour playing...can't ask for much more than that in a golf tournament.

Where at?
    Aronimink
    Nice. I didn't realize that 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Where at?
    Aronimink
    Nice. I didn't realize that 
    "Volunteering" is a pretty sweet gig for it. I just don't think I can commit to that this far out with some stuff coming up

Next Sunday is the crump cup at pine valley. An am tournament that that Jeff Knox dude from Augusta won last year. On Sunday they allow spectators to walk the course for the final match. Have been wanting to attend this for the last 10 years but haven't made it for whatever reason. 99% sure I will be walking the course next Sunday and I am beyond excited
    NLU got 2+ hours with Rory.  How angry are the old golf media going to be?  This should be fun.  Looking forward to diving into this this week.
  • Tour Championship and then the Presidents Cup.  Things are winding down.  Will be a long wait for the Masters.  Will we see Tiger?  I don't think he will be ready.

Anyway, looking forward to fall golf.  Empty courses means 36 holes of golf a day. 

Tour Championship and then the Presidents Cup.  Things are winding down.  Will be a long wait for the Masters.  Will we see Tiger?  I don't think he will be ready.

Anyway, looking forward to fall golf.  Empty courses means 36 holes of golf a day. 

I love fall golf. Fuck I love winter golf when the weather's cooperating.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited September 2017

Tour Championship and then the Presidents Cup.  Things are winding down.  Will be a long wait for the Masters.  Will we see Tiger?  I don't think he will be ready.

As long as it is not windy or raining you can always layer up and deal with cold temps.  One time last January I teed up when it was 23 degrees (and got a par on the first hole!). 
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on

As long as it is not windy or raining you can always layer up and deal with cold temps.  One time last January I teed up when it was 23 degrees (and got a par on the first hole!). 

Jesus, man. That is insane. 45 degrees or so is pretty much my limit.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • What are everyone's predictions?  I'm thinking Speith wins the FedEx Cup.
    What are everyone's predictions?  I'm thinking Speith wins the FedEx Cup.
    Lotta people taking Spieth.

I'll go DJ. Dumb course. Ball striker. And Paulina needs some new shoes!

I think DJ is the only one who will admit that this is all about the $10 mil payday.  Every. Friggen. Interview, these players are saying crap like it's about being the best, about winning the season, about the recognition.  No, it's about the $10 mil.

• Exactly.  Majors are a different story, but FedEx cup.....$$$$$
    So hitting up the crump cup tomorrow at pine valley. The only day of the year that they allow the public on. Beyond excited to walk the course. Jeff Knox and Stewart hagestad still in it as of this morning. Would love to seeing least one of them playing tomorrow. Going to be a really fucking cool day
    edited September 2017
    Pine valley is everything it is cracked up to be. Looks so hard and so fun at the same time. I don't think I would break 110 though.

Obviously doesn't have the views of cypress, or the fame of Augusta, or history of the old course, though it has a shit load of history, it's just an amazing golf course.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited September 2017
    Played Torrey Pines South Course today.  Started out well for me with a 46 on the front.  Then it all went bad with a 56 on the back. Yikes.  Was a lot of fun though.  Wouldn't pay those rates to play it again anytime soon until a better golfer but worth it for the first time.

Torrey Pines?? Look at you!

Leaving early for golf today.....heading up to President's Cup Friday......outing next Tuesday.

Should be a nice little week.

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited September 2017

Leaving early for golf today.....heading up to President's Cup Friday......outing next Tuesday.

Yeah, we'll be up Friday/Saturday.  Dinner at a steakhouse in Jersey City.  Should be a good old mess of a weekend

Trying to figure out how to navigate the course.  With so many people and so little golf going on, gonna imagine that the viewing angles aren't going to be great.  Maybe hop in a grandstand ahead and let all the groups come through, then pop further ahead.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on

Yeah, we'll be up Friday/Saturday.  Dinner at a steakhouse in Jersey City.  Should be a good old mess of a weekend

Trying to figure out how to navigate the course.  With so many people and so little golf going on, gonna imagine that the viewing angles aren't going to be great.  Maybe hop in a grandstand ahead and let all the groups come through, then pop further ahead.

Golfing today with a buddy who was at Ryder Cup last year so I'll find out how they navigated that one. Should be similar.

Weather looks phenomenal. At least we won't be sweating our asses off up there.

chinese-happy.jpg

Golfing today with a buddy who was at Ryder Cup last year so I'll find out how they navigated that one. Should be similar.

Weather looks phenomenal. At least we won't be sweating our asses off up there.

Word.  Do tell.  

Yeah, Saturday has been going back and forth with showers, but looking good now.  Looking forward to getting after it a bit.  US Open was so hard to drink at with how hot it was...Oakmont and Merion for that matter. 
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Enjoy the President Cup guys!  Should be a US runaway win but never know.
  • On the West Coast right now enjoying a golf vacation.  The courses in LA/SD that I've played are so damn hilly.  Could never walk these courses.