The Golf Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Lol a hundred yards between their drives?
    DJ is awesome
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    That was awesome.  That drive was unreal.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489

These guys are so clutch putting.   I can't hit a putt longer than 5 feet these days.

Playing at an "executive" golf course today right by my house that was just completely remodeled. It's par 68 and has 6 par 3s.  Can't beat $27 for 18 with a cart on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.  74 and sunny today....love playing golf later in the season.
    Playing at an "executive" golf course today right by my house that was just completely remodeled. It's par 68 and has 6 par 3s.  Can't beat $27 for 18 with a cart on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.  74 and sunny today....love playing golf later in the season.
    That's a pretty big executive course even. Love these courses though. None that I am aware of in the Philly area. So much fun though.

Feel like this DJ/Spieth/JT group is DJ playing with his sons. They just look so young compared to him and he is bombing it past them
    edited September 2017
    What a year for JT. If he can win the tour championship, is he gonna make $25 mil on the course this year? That's insanity 

Edit: looks like closer to $20 and prob around what DJ did last year. Still, insane
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    HATE the complaining about 12. Cry me a river you don't have a wedge in your hand on your second shot. The winning score of this tournament is gonna be around -20. Shut the fuck up about the hole
  • HATE the complaining about 12. Cry me a river you don't have a wedge in your hand on your second shot. The winning score of this tournament is gonna be around -20. Shut the fuck up about the hole
    The bombers can hit it a long way but are little brats when it comes time to put some high rough and trees on a golf hole.  They have stolen the game (and ruining it in my opinion).  I get less and less interested watching driver - wedge.  I get excited when someone has to shape a 5 or 6 iron close to the hole.
  • Played golf three days in a row this weekend!  Should have made it four but a little tired.  I walk now but still very out of shape if walking three rounds of golf tires me out.  Walking is the way to go though for me.  I have a bad temper on the course and that minute walk to my ball helps me calm down and realize if you can pitch out another 40 yards down the fairway I still have a good chance to par or at worst bogey.
    edited September 2017
    HATE the complaining about 12. Cry me a river you don't have a wedge in your hand on your second shot. The winning score of this tournament is gonna be around -20. Shut the fuck up about the hole
    The bombers can hit it a long way but are little brats when it comes time to put some high rough and trees on a golf hole.  They have stolen the game (and ruining it in my opinion).  I get less and less interested watching driver - wedge.  I get excited when someone has to shape a 5 or 6 iron close to the hole.
    I love bombers golf. Growing up I swung out of my shoes to hit it as far as I possibly could and I couldn't understand why I had a 75 yard slice. My old man would tell me to slow it down and that it would go just as far with a bit of tempo, but I just enjoyed swinging as hard as I could. I got decent at it. At my best was around a 15 and I hit it far. I hated (and still do) a 5 iron second shot, so I get where these guys are coming from, from a much much much lesser extent. That said, man up. It's a tough hole. Every course has them.

They need to roll the ball back though. Gonna have 400 yard drives regularly soon
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited September 2017
    I love hitting a five iron solid.  Obviously would rather be 130 out than 190 but I think a golf course that challenges the pros to hit all the shots is more interesting.    Nothing wrong with power but there should be a reward for accuracy and a penalty for being wild off the tee.  This generation of clubs and golf ball just make it almost impossible for the pros to hit really bad tee shots.  

Luckily we amateurs can play great courses and the pros can ruin the classics buy adding 100 yards to each hole.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited September 2017

Played a new course out in Jersey on Sunday. Beautiful links style course. First 8 holes was on point. Had a 42. One bad hole up to that point. Overall, about average for me. Beginning with hole 9, everyone of the wheels fell off. No idea what happened. 8 on 9. 8 on 10. Ended with a 106. Worst round of the year. I really have no idea what happened after that 8th hole. Swing just fell apart.

Fuck this game!----yeah, just kidding. I'll be out there again tomorrow (weather permitting) trying to get back on track.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Played a new course out in Jersey on Sunday. Beautiful links style course. First 8 holes was on point. Had a 42. One bad hole up to that point. Overall, about average for me. Beginning with hole 9, everyone of the wheels fell off. No idea what happened. 8 on 9. 8 on 10. Ended with a 106. Worst round of the year. I really have no idea what happened after that 8th hole. Swing just fell apart.

Fuck this game!----yeah, just kidding. I'll be out there again tomorrow (weather permitting) trying to get back on track.

I hate when that happens!  It will be a one day blip though I bet.  Hope you get out there tomorrow. 

My goal is to get four straight days of golf in Thurs-Sun this week.  Paying only  $275 a month at this nice private club and already got three rounds in this month.  I'm basically free rolling the rest of September! I thought of even voluntarily paying more for this steal. 

• Almost 1:00am and can't sleep because thinking about golf.   Addicted.  I suck with a 19 handicap but damnit I just love it.
  • So what is everyone's handicap?
    So what is everyone's handicap?
    Well I was a 19 until recently. Currently sitting at a 20.6. The app I use only takes the most recent 20 rounds into consideration so it kind of sucks if your last round was a 106 and it replaced a 92. Doh.

Have a feeling we're gonna get rained on a lot today...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • So what is everyone's handicap?
    Well I was a 19 until recently. Currently sitting at a 20.6. The app I use only takes the most recent 20 rounds into consideration so it kind of sucks if your last round was a 106 and it replaced a 92. Doh.

If you do golf don't take the cart down a wet hill.   Did a full 360 last week.  Going backwards with no control down a hill on a golf cart is no fun.  Luckily client did not see!

Unfortunately I don't play enough to have an "official" handicap but I'm usually hovering around 100.  93 is my best round of the year so far.
    edited September 2017

If you do golf don't take the cart down a wet hill.   Did a full 360 last week.  Going backwards with no control down a hill on a golf cart is no fun.  Luckily client did not see!
    Good advice. Course I'm playing is at the highest elevation in it's county actually. Tons of huge hills and slopes.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I'm at a 12.4 handicap right now
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    bflynn1 said:
    Solid.
  • bflynn1 said:

Nice.  I'm still 5 rounds away from being official but my average right now is a 91 so I'm about 18/19. 
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Thanks guys. I'd like to keep getting better, but it's nice to go out and know that, more times than not, I'm going to shoot a decent round. I still have days where I absolutely blow up on one side though. For example, last weekend I shot 53 on the front (yikes), and rallied with a 38 on the back.
  • Shot a 95 today.  Not happy.  The Pitching Wedge is now on injured reserve. 
    22.4...oof.  Probably not gonna get much better than that.  A couple rounds of 96 will screw you up when you only get maaaaybe 15 a year.  I like to consider myself around a 19, but that doesn't seem very accurate these days.

Have been as good as a 15 in my life (high school), which I think is pretty solid.
    No laying up has a real good podcast with JT. Kid is everything you expect in an unreal 24 year old golfer. Confident borderline cocky. Knows how good he is, especially with his boys having success before him. I love it.