Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    i think tiger had a hankering for some Perkins...waitresses
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    Well, it is confirmed he was not drinking alcohol.  Hopefully he is not abusing painkillers and it was an honest mistake, but 3am is a little strange.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,266

Anyone just complete lose their swing? Happened to me out of the blue a couple weeks ago with my driver and I'm having the damndest time getting it back again.

I think I was bending over too much and probably rushing my down swing which was causing a more pronounced outside-inside swing. Kinda feel like I'm starting from ground zero and learning how to swing all over again. Funny thing this is my short game is really on point right now and I'm not struggling too much with my irons. Just the stupid driver.

So frustrating.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    :how_interesting:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    :how_interesting:

Thanks for the advice!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Tiger Woods has been washed up for nearly a decade.  Please make him go away.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195

Anyone just complete lose their swing? Happened to me out of the blue a couple weeks ago with my driver and I'm having the damndest time getting it back again.

I think I was bending over too much and probably rushing my down swing which was causing a more pronounced outside-inside swing. Kinda feel like I'm starting from ground zero and learning how to swing all over again. Funny thing this is my short game is really on point right now and I'm not struggling too much with my irons. Just the stupid driver.

So frustrating.

off the tee stop thinking...grip and rip it
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I broke 80 for the first time on Monday. Birdied the last hole for a 79. My only birdie of the day.
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    I broke 80 for the first time on Monday. Birdied the last hole for a 79. My only birdie of the day.
    What's it feel like?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    Congrats!  Gotta feel good.  I have never broke 80 but think I can do it this year.

I shot a 38 on the front nine this past weekend and then followed it up with a 49 on the back nine!
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    What's it feel like?

feels good...like tiger with a headful of vicodin.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Yeah what Wobbie said. I've been playing since I was 10, almost 30 now. Feels good to get over that hump and know that my misses aren't going to be that bad and I now know what to do to correct it. 
  • Options
    You suck Justin Thomas
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601

So frustrating.

Take an iron off the tee. Long iron then long iron or hybrid is better than lost balls. Will get your longer swing back by repeating one you're more comfortable with 
  • Options
    The tiger stuff is terrible. Not defending the guy, what happened is terrible in obviously irresponsible. That said, it is 100% impossible to not be hooked on pills after the number of back surgeries he has been through. 
  • Options
    You suck Justin Thomas
    Stop it. I'm a fan.'sweet swing. Sweet gear, sweet game. Kid's good

• Options
    The tiger stuff is terrible. Not defending the guy, what happened is terrible in obviously irresponsible. That said, it is 100% impossible to not be hooked on pills after the number of back surgeries he has been through. 
    "100% impossible"? c'mon.

dude just needs to get beck to his buddhist roots.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    "100% impossible"? c'mon.

dude just needs to get beck to his buddhist roots.
    I mean, he has been through some brutal surgeries. He popped those things like candy for years, prescribed. Tough situation. Granted you don't like the guy but you can't want him to be a junkie. 
  • Options
    can't I? :lol:

local BYU product has choked up the lead at the memorial. go rickie!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

So frustrating.

Take an iron off the tee. Long iron then long iron or hybrid is better than lost balls. Will get your longer swing back by repeating one you're more comfortable with 
    Thanks man. I may have to go this route
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Yesterday was playing well (on track for an 82-85 round) for 15 holes and then catch up to someone and we play out the last three holes together.  Topped every club, every time.  Hate the yips.   Such a mental game. 
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options

So frustrating.

Thanks man. I may have to go this route
    Even if you are more comfortable with a fairway wood or hybrid. Use the range (and par 5's) to work on the driver.  Years ago I had the same thing and went this route for pretty much a whole summer.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742

So frustrating.

That's what I do off the tee.  I can't hit a driver to save my fucking life....has driven me nuts for years.  3 iron has been working well for me a few years now so I've just stuck with it.
  • Options
    Headed down to Delaware to play this gem of a course tomorrow https://www.baywoodgreens.com/golf . Beautiful but challenging course.

Hopefully the work your Juggler has put in at the range the last couple weeks will pay off!

Tally ho, gents.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Headed down to Delaware to play this gem of a course tomorrow https://www.baywoodgreens.com/golf . Beautiful but challenging course.

Hopefully the work your Juggler has put in at the range the last couple weeks will pay off!

Tally ho, gents.
    Lotta water on that course.  Looks fun though.  Some nasty tee shots.
  • Options
    Russell Henley rocking a popped collar while shooting a +8.  Turd.
  • Options

Tally ho, gents.
    Lotta water on that course.  Looks fun though.  Some nasty tee shots.

Yeah it's tough. I've played there a couple times since my parents live nearby. They keep it in immaculate shape.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Had a birdie putt on #18 yesterday for the mythic 79 and missed it.  Had 79 in my sights but went 4 over the last four holes for an 81.  Summer isn't even here yet so plenty of time yet this year...
  • Options
    Had a birdie putt on #18 yesterday for the mythic 79 and missed it.  Had 79 in my sights but went 4 over the last four holes for an 81.  Summer isn't even here yet so plenty of time yet this year...
    That's a fantastic round none the less. Good job
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    US Open week.  Pretty pumped.  Kevin Na bitching about the fescue, Rory saying the course is perfect.  Apparently these are the widest fairways you'll find at an Open.  Big course too.  Should be fun.