Thank you. Thought I was losing my mind
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Why does he think it's 6?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,264
    How about this one:

Tee shot sails out of bounds. Take second shot from tee box, lands in fairway (a beautiful 250 yd drive if I might add). Next shot lands just off green. Next shot on. Two putt. 

6?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    norm said:
    Why does he think it's 6?
    Combination of plenty of beers and that I think he was trying to cheat
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    How about this one:

Tee shot sails out of bounds. Take second shot from tee box, lands in fairway (a beautiful 250 yd drive if I might add). Next shot lands just off green. Next shot on. Two putt. 

6?
    Yes. Provisionals are a bitch. I always assume I can find it no matter how bad my shot was and take a drop further up. Oops

played out at Pickering valley yesterday. Assume that is somewhere near you in east bumble fuck. Took me over 2 hours to get back to south philly. I really enjoyed the course though. Thought it was pretty challenging and made you think. Ended up with a 103 (I'm up to a 23...yikes) after a birdie bogey par start. I had probably my best drive ever too. Took a DJ line over trees on a downhill dog leg right and it probably ended up around 300-310ish. Thought it was going to be barely in the right rough further back and couldn't find my ball at first, look down the hill a bit more and it's 25 yards in front of the green dead in the middle of the fairway. Fucking bogeyed it of course.

Gotta get out a bit over the next few weeks. Playing cricket club in mid June. Will be my first time playing with a caddie...

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    edited May 2017

Rule question that I argued about with my friend with the other day. Here is how I thought the hole should be scored:

Tee shot was not able to be found. Didn't go out of bounds, we just couldn't find it in thick grass. So I dropped off the fairway near where we thought it went. I counted the drop as a stroke. Next shot landed on the green and I two putted. So I figured I am up on three and two putted so that's a 5 right?

He was saying it should be a 6.

Who is right?

I'm pretty sure if the ball was lost you should be going back to the tee and hitting your 3rd shot from the tee.
    Edit: I would probably mark the way you did it as a 6.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • Options
    How about this one:

6?
    I think that's a 7.
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    How about this one:

6?
    I think that's a 7.
    Yes, I can't do math apparently 
  • Options
    eddiec said:

Rule question that I argued about with my friend with the other day. Here is how I thought the hole should be scored:

Tee shot was not able to be found. Didn't go out of bounds, we just couldn't find it in thick grass. So I dropped off the fairway near where we thought it went. I counted the drop as a stroke. Next shot landed on the green and I two putted. So I figured I am up on three and two putted so that's a 5 right?

Who is right?

I'm pretty sure if the ball was lost you should be going back to the tee and hitting your 3rd shot from the tee.
    Not enough time to go back to the tee box. Yeah I agree with you guys on the other one being a 7 now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

How about this one:

6?
    Yes. Provisionals are a bitch. I always assume I can find it no matter how bad my shot was and take a drop further up. Oops

played out at Pickering valley yesterday. Assume that is somewhere near you in east bumble fuck. Took me over 2 hours to get back to south philly. I really enjoyed the course though. Thought it was pretty challenging and made you think. Ended up with a 103 (I'm up to a 23...yikes) after a birdie bogey par start. I had probably my best drive ever too. Took a DJ line over trees on a downhill dog leg right and it probably ended up around 300-310ish. Thought it was going to be barely in the right rough further back and couldn't find my ball at first, look down the hill a bit more and it's 25 yards in front of the green dead in the middle of the fairway. Fucking bogeyed it of course.

Gotta get out a bit over the next few weeks. Playing cricket club in mid June. Will be my first time playing with a caddie...

I've never played Pickering Valley. It's about a half hour from me. Will have to get there at some point this summer. 

Finally playing Broad Run on Thursday. That's the course I was going to play the day of the Friday PJ show last year but was rained out. Can't wait to check it out. 

On this round I was referencing from a few days ago, I had 6 one putts and still ended up with a 97 (well 96,now, after further review). Funny, albeit, frustrating as fuck game!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    Love watching The Players.  The pros don't like it because you can get unlucky but each hole is great for TV and especially the last three.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    eddiec said:

Who is right?

Not enough time to go back to the tee box. Yeah I agree with you guys on the other one being a 7 now. 
    Yeah, sometimes it's hard going back, especially if course is busy. But in that case I would say you have to take the liberty of saying that your dropped ball is your 4th shot- since you didn't go back to the tee you kind of have to play the ball as if you did- 3 from the tee and now you are playing it. So, unfortunately, I would say your playing partner had it right and that was a 6. 

Edit: It's actually a great 6 to get down from where you were.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    is there a whiter crowd in sports than a golf crowd? nope.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Nascar.
  • Options
    This is fun 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,740
    This is fun 

Can't believe Day missed that putt.  Brutal.
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    Wobbie said:
    Nascar.

about the same.

neither one involves athletes.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    eddiec said:
    Wobbie said:
    Nascar.

about the same.

Golf doesn't require athletic ability?  Tell that to Tiger's back and knees.  All that non-physical activity takes its toll I guess.  
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    eddiec said:
    Wobbie said:
    Nascar.

about the same.

Golf doesn't require athletic ability?  Tell that to Tiger's back and knees.  All that non-physical activity takes its toll I guess.  
    No, it doesn't. tiger's back may be due to the 9 iron elin threw down on his back.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Well, you don't see too many winners on the PGA Tour who don't have an extensive fitness routine these days.  
  • Options
    Well, you don't see too many winners on the PGA Tour who don't have an extensive fitness routine these days.  
    Thanks to....well, you know
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    edited May 2017
    Post edited by norm on
  • Options
    guess he'll have get back to his "buddhist roots"......again.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    if your net worth is 740 million why are you ever driving.
    He must really be the cheapest guy on the planet if he won't spend money on a cab when drunk.
    What an idiot.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,867
    norm said:
    i just heard about.  i'm speechless.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Unfortunately a very public rise to the top is followed by a very public fall.  I don't know how you get over the bad decisions he made when you pretty much are trapped in your home or rich neighborhood because you'll get mobbed if you go out in public. 

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,425

Tiger Woods speaks: Alcohol wasn’t involved

http://nypost.com/2017/05/29/tiger-woods-speaks-alcohol-wasnt-involved/

Part of the article:

Tiger Woods attributed an “unexpected reaction” to prescription medicine for his arrest on a DUI charge that landed him in a Florida jail Monday for nearly four hours.

Woods, the 14-time major champion who had back surgery five weeks ago, was arrested on suspicion of DUI at about 3 a.m. Monday and taken to Palm Beach County jail. He was released on his own recognizance.

An arrest report might be available on Tuesday, Jupiter Police spokeswoman Kristin Rightler said.

“I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions,” Woods said in a statement Monday evening. “I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn’t realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly.”

Woods apologized to his family, friends and fans and said, “I expect more from myself, too.”

“I will do everything in my power to ensure this never happens again,” he said.

• Options
    Hopefully that is the case.
  • Options
    so......3 a.m., think I'll go out for a drive. whatever, eldrick.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16