Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    The only people that should be allowed to have any say are the players and caddies in the group along with any marshals on the course. The general public can go get fucked. This is not golf.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    norm said:

The only people that should be allowed to have any say are the players and caddies in the group along with any marshals on the course. The general public can go get fucked. This is not golf.

Completely agree
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,234
    norm said:

Agree as well. Actually the blame goes on LPGA and PGA completely for this shit. What if other sports starting changing outcomes after fans sent in bs emails and phone calls AFTER the day was done. LPGA and the PGA should move on and except that their on course officials blew it. Fans are nut jobs all around, even if they want to send in rule violations they catch, the LPGA and PGA should ignore them.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    it's really the USGA or whoever governs the rules of the game .... I understand there are changes in place set for 2019 but really, it's not the lpga or pga as they are just enforcing the rules ... objectively speaking - she broke the rule ... they have to do what they did ... what they need to amend is simply that if a rule infraction has not been caught by any playing member of the group or marshall or referee after a hole has been played - it's too late ... the last few instances clearly showed that there was no advantage gained nor intention to cheat which is ultimately the purpose of rules ...
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
  • Options
    Gotta figure it's probably true. He was at the range mid morning. Probably didn't get back to his house till early afternoon. I'm not sure current DJ does that much damage 24 hours before the masters in that short of time.

Then again, supposedly he showed up to merion yaked out and failed a test.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736

Gotta figure it's probably true. He was at the range mid morning. Probably didn't get back to his house till early afternoon. I'm not sure current DJ does that much damage 24 hours before the masters in that short of time.

Then again, supposedly he showed up to merion yaked out and failed a test.
    I'm guessing it's true. He seems to be in a good place and is playing the best golf of his life. It would be a shame if this cost him playing in the masters.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    my first thought as well.....in my many, many years of drugging (no more) and drinking, I have never fallen down any stairs.

BTW......so glad this is another tiger-free event.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,260
    MAT
    SU
    YA
    MA
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

MAT
    SU
    YA
    MA

Dude has been pretty terrible of late. I have a 30-1 bet on him from a while back.

I'll say that I want Rory or DJ but thinking boy wonder looks good again. Tough to bet against him here
  • Options
    Threw down a bunch of bets last night. Justin Rose to win at 22-1 and Justin Thomas to win at 33-1. Also took Leishman and Westwood to finish in the top 10. Both of those were around 5/6-1. And I'm sure I'll do a bunch of these head to head matchup bets.

Also, here is my annual complaint about the lack of TV coverage. The app stuff is nice, but it's still not the same. Best tournament of the year and we only get 4-5 hours per day. Brutal.
  • Options
    MASTERS!
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Threw down a bunch of bets last night. Justin Rose to win at 22-1 and Justin Thomas to win at 33-1. Also took Leishman and Westwood to finish in the top 10. Both of those were around 5/6-1. And I'm sure I'll do a bunch of these head to head matchup bets.

Also, here is my annual complaint about the lack of TV coverage. The app stuff is nice, but it's still not the same. Best tournament of the year and we only get 4-5 hours per day. Brutal.

Yeah, it sucks. Though I am glad about Saturday since I'll be heading home after the HOF and probably won't get back till around then.

I like that Leishman pick.

I have Speith to win in my season pool. Did a couple other pools where you get guys in a variety of levels. Didn't take a winner but will likely put down some dough over the next couple days. Edit...lol aside from the Hideki bet made months ago...
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    Also, Gary Player is the most insufferable person in the sport. I just can't take it. We get it....you're healthy...you eat well and work out and you're old. Now shut up and go away.
  • Options

Yeah, it sucks. Though I am glad about Saturday since I'll be heading home after the HOF and probably won't get back till around then.

I have Speith to win in my season pool. Did a couple other pools where you get guys in a variety of levels. Didn't take a winner but will likely put down some dough over the next couple days.
    I got into this pool that covers all 4 majors. You pick 5 guys for each major and can't use a golfer more than once. Winner is based on prize money won for your golfers. There's a payout for each tournament and then payouts for all 4 tournaments combined. It's pretty cool. I took Rickie, Westwood, Justin Rose, Jon Rahm and Tyrrell Hatton for this week.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,260
    In addition to a couple Matsuyama bets I took Patrick Reed +5300 to win........why would his odds be that long?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017

I have Speith to win in my season pool. Did a couple other pools where you get guys in a variety of levels. Didn't take a winner but will likely put down some dough over the next couple days.
    I got into this pool that covers all 4 majors. You pick 5 guys for each major and can't use a golfer more than once. Winner is based on prize money won for your golfers. There's a payout for each tournament and then payouts for all 4 tournaments combined. It's pretty cool. I took Rickie, Westwood, Justin Rose, Jon Rahm and Tyrrell Hatton for this week.
    Nice. Yeah, I am in a similar one for the full season. Pick a player every week and you basically get their money. Can only use a player once. Money winner at the end of the season takes the pot. I am doing terribly.
  • Options

In addition to a couple Matsuyama bets I took Patrick Reed +5300 to win........why would his odds be that long?

He hasn't been playing well so far this year. And he really hasn't played well at the masters the 3 times he has played there. Nice odds though for a guy who is that good.
  • Options
    Sheeeeeit. That roar was a Phil eagle
  • Options
    What feed do you guys watch? I like the featured group because you get to see the whole course but these ones suck. On Amen Corner now...
  • Options

What feed do you guys watch? I like the featured group because you get to see the whole course but these ones suck. On Amen Corner now...

Yeah, I've been doing the featured groups so far this morning. These groups are pretty rough. May switch it over to amen corner now.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Man that wind is crazy
  • Options
    Pieters the next Euro to dislike? I hate his face.
  • Options
    I friggen love number 11. Love seeing these guys hit long irons or hybrids into a par 4. Screw all this lob wedge into par 4s nonsense
  • Options
    Ugh...looking like no DJ
  • Options
    DJ officially withdrew. Brutal.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I've lost the battle to gravity on stairs before ... not very fun. I can see someone slipping on wet wooden stairs and going ass over tea kettle.
  • Options
    Spieth with a 9 on 15. Wow.
  • Options

Wtf...just got back to my desk form an hour and a half meeting and seeing this. Dunk it in the water twice?
  • Options

Wtf...just got back to my desk form an hour and a half meeting and seeing this. Dunk it in the water twice?
    Water once, then went way over the green and then his chip back onto the green was awful. Looked like me out there with the back and forth nonsense. Crazy.