Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,142
    tbergs said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    How is that even a legitimate question? 
    It was posited by someone who chooses not to vote anyway. I’m going with illegitimate. 
    I guess it depends if we are talking about federal or municipal.  I think there are few places where undocumented immigrants are allowed to vote, but US code is crystal clear about the illegality of this.  I have never personally heard of any lawmaker of any importance support a change to that.  
    I appreciate your use of undocumented immigrant.

I'm not a fan of using the term illegal immigrant or alien... 
    I agree. Alien is the dumbest descriptor of another human being ever and calling a human illegal is disgraceful.
    I’m still down with calling it like it is.  Illegal alien, merry Christmas, retarded, gay- I grew up when everyone said it, now people
    act like they can’t believe someone would say it.  I would never say it if I thought it would offend someone but no need to rename something everyone know. It’s hipocrasy, baby.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It was posited by someone who chooses not to vote anyway. I’m going with illegitimate. 
    I guess it depends if we are talking about federal or municipal.  I think there are few places where undocumented immigrants are allowed to vote, but US code is crystal clear about the illegality of this.  I have never personally heard of any lawmaker of any importance support a change to that.  

Undocumented immigrant sounds like a legal resident of the US who just hasn't filled out some paperwork.  Missed a checkbox if you will.  The terminology isn't being changed to protect the feelings of those crossing the border illegally but rather to change how the general public views them.

I don't really care what they are called because at the end of the day they are here illegally so no one should be offended by that.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    Hey idiot president why don’t you let the caravan in they’ll fucking rake the mountains you ignoramus pay them 10$ an hr the mountain will be clean !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    tbergs said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I agree. Alien is the dumbest descriptor of another human being ever and calling a human illegal is disgraceful.
    I’m still down with calling it like it is.  Illegal alien, merry Christmas, retarded, gay- I grew up when everyone said it, now people
    act like they can’t believe someone would say it.  I would never say it if I thought it would offend someone but no need to rename something everyone know. It’s hipocrasy, baby.
    So, you’re telling us that you believed the propaganda about not being able to say Merry Christmas? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Of course you are. And judging from your spelling (hipocrasy) and random use of upper case lettering (merry Christmas)... you're down with eating your crayons as well.

Speaking of hypocrisy... do you tell your Latino customers you're not a big fan? Or do you smile and sell them your pizza (waiting for them to leave so you can go wash)? 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    unsung said:
    Should illegal aliens get to vote in US elections? Simple yes or no please.

Why 'illegal immigrant' is a slur

https://www-m.cnn.com/2012/07/05/opinion/garcia-illegal-immigrants/index.html

Nearly every one of your posts is an attempt to normalize racism.  

Quack
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Let’s shoot them , stone them they must be fought back they probably carry decease , lice and haven’t used deodorant in 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,846

Tijuana protesters chant 'Out!' at migrants camped in city

TIJUANA, Mexico (AP) — Hundreds of Tijuana residents congregated around a monument in an affluent section of the city south of California on Sunday to protest the thousands of Central American migrants who have arrived via caravan in hopes of a new life in the U.S.

Tensions have built as nearly 3,000 migrants from the caravan poured into Tijuana in recent days after more than a month on the road, and with many more months ahead of them while they seek asylum. The federal government estimates the number of migrants could soon swell to 10,000.

U.S. border inspectors are processing only about 100 asylum claims a day at Tijuana's main crossing to San Diego. Asylum seekers register their names in a tattered notebook managed by migrants themselves that had more than 3,000 names even before the caravan arrived.

On Sunday, displeased Tijuana residents waved Mexican flags, sang the Mexican national anthem and chanted "Out! Out!" in front of a statue of the Aztec ruler Cuauhtemoc, 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) from the U.S. border. They accused the migrants of being messy, ungrateful and a danger to Tijuana. They also complained about how the caravan forced its way into Mexico, calling it an "invasion." And they voiced worries that their taxes might be spent to care for the group.

"We don't want them in Tijuana," protesters shouted.

Juana Rodriguez, a housewife, said the government needs to conduct background checks on the migrants to make sure they don't have criminal records.

A woman who gave her name as Paloma lambasted the migrants, who she said came to Mexico in search of handouts. "Let their government take care of them," she told video reporters covering the protest.

A block away, fewer than a dozen Tijuana residents stood with signs of support for the migrants. Keyla Zamarron, a 38-year-old teacher, said the protesters don't represent her way of thinking as she held a sign saying: Childhood has no borders.

Most of the migrants who have reached Tijuana via caravan in recent days set out more than a month ago from Honduras, a country of 9 million people. Dozens of migrants in the caravan who have been interviewed by Associated Press reporters have said they left their country after death threats.

But the journey has been hard, and many have turned around.

Alden Rivera, the Honduran ambassador in Mexico, told the AP on Saturday that 1,800 Hondurans have returned to their country since the caravan first set out on Oct. 13, and that he hopes more will make that decision. "We want them to return to Honduras," said Rivera.

Honduras has a murder rate of 43 per 100,000 residents, similar to U.S. cities like New Orleans and Detroit. In addition to violence, migrants in the caravan have mentioned poor economic prospects as a motivator for their departures. Per capita income hovers around $120 a month in Honduras, where the World Bank says two out of three people live in poverty.

The migrants' expected long stay in Tijuana has raised concerns about the ability of the border city of more than 1.6 million people to handle the influx.

While many in Tijuana are sympathetic to the migrants' plight and trying to assist, some locals have shouted insults, hurled rocks and even thrown punches at them. The cold reception contrasts sharply with the warmth that accompanied the migrants in southern Mexico, where residents of small towns greeted them with hot food, campsites and even live music.

Tijuana Mayor Juan Manuel Gastelum has called the migrants' arrival an "avalanche" that the city is ill-prepared to handle, calculating that they will be in Tijuana for at least six months as they wait to file asylum claims. Gastelum has appealed to the federal government for more assistance to cope with the influx.

Mexico's Interior Ministry said Saturday that the federal government was flying in food and blankets for the migrants in Tijuana.

Tijuana officials converted a municipal gymnasium and recreational complex into a shelter to keep migrants out of public spaces. The city's privately run shelters have a maximum capacity of 700. The municipal complex can hold up to 3,000.

At the municipal shelter, Josue Caseres, 24, expressed dismay at the protests against the caravan. "We are fleeing violence," said the entertainer from Santa Barbara, Honduras. "How can they think we are going to come here to be violent?"

Some from the caravan have diverted to other border cities, such as Mexicali, a few hours to the east of Tijuana.

Elsewhere on Sunday, a group of 200 migrants headed north from El Salvador, determined to also find safety in numbers to reach the U.S. Edwin Alexander Gomez, 20, told AP in San Salvador that he wants to work construction in New York, where he hears the wages are better and the city is safer.

U.S. President Donald Trump, who sought to make the caravan a campaign issue in the midterm elections, used Twitter on Sunday to voice support for the mayor of Tijuana and try to discourage the migrants from seeking entry to the U.S.

Trump wrote that like Tijuana, "the U.S. is ill-prepared for this invasion, and will not stand for it. They are causing crime and big problems in Mexico. Go home!"

He followed that tweet by writing: "Catch and Release is an obsolete term. It is now Catch and Detain. Illegal Immigrants trying to come into the U.S.A., often proudly flying the flag of their nation as they ask for U.S. Asylum, will be detained or turned away."

___

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

TIJUANA, Mexico (AP) — Hundreds of Tijuana residents congregated around a monument in an affluent section of the city south of California on Sunday to protest the thousands of Central American migrants who have arrived via caravan in hopes of a new life in the U.S.

Tensions have built as nearly 3,000 migrants from the caravan poured into Tijuana in recent days after more than a month on the road, and with many more months ahead of them while they seek asylum. The federal government estimates the number of migrants could soon swell to 10,000.

U.S. border inspectors are processing only about 100 asylum claims a day at Tijuana's main crossing to San Diego. Asylum seekers register their names in a tattered notebook managed by migrants themselves that had more than 3,000 names even before the caravan arrived.

On Sunday, displeased Tijuana residents waved Mexican flags, sang the Mexican national anthem and chanted "Out! Out!" in front of a statue of the Aztec ruler Cuauhtemoc, 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) from the U.S. border. They accused the migrants of being messy, ungrateful and a danger to Tijuana. They also complained about how the caravan forced its way into Mexico, calling it an "invasion." And they voiced worries that their taxes might be spent to care for the group.

Juana Rodriguez, a housewife, said the government needs to conduct background checks on the migrants to make sure they don't have criminal records.

A woman who gave her name as Paloma lambasted the migrants, who she said came to Mexico in search of handouts. "Let their government take care of them," she told video reporters covering the protest.

A block away, fewer than a dozen Tijuana residents stood with signs of support for the migrants. Keyla Zamarron, a 38-year-old teacher, said the protesters don't represent her way of thinking as she held a sign saying: Childhood has no borders.

Most of the migrants who have reached Tijuana via caravan in recent days set out more than a month ago from Honduras, a country of 9 million people. Dozens of migrants in the caravan who have been interviewed by Associated Press reporters have said they left their country after death threats.

Alden Rivera, the Honduran ambassador in Mexico, told the AP on Saturday that 1,800 Hondurans have returned to their country since the caravan first set out on Oct. 13, and that he hopes more will make that decision. "We want them to return to Honduras," said Rivera.

Honduras has a murder rate of 43 per 100,000 residents, similar to U.S. cities like New Orleans and Detroit. In addition to violence, migrants in the caravan have mentioned poor economic prospects as a motivator for their departures. Per capita income hovers around $120 a month in Honduras, where the World Bank says two out of three people live in poverty.

The migrants' expected long stay in Tijuana has raised concerns about the ability of the border city of more than 1.6 million people to handle the influx.

While many in Tijuana are sympathetic to the migrants' plight and trying to assist, some locals have shouted insults, hurled rocks and even thrown punches at them. The cold reception contrasts sharply with the warmth that accompanied the migrants in southern Mexico, where residents of small towns greeted them with hot food, campsites and even live music.

Tijuana Mayor Juan Manuel Gastelum has called the migrants' arrival an "avalanche" that the city is ill-prepared to handle, calculating that they will be in Tijuana for at least six months as they wait to file asylum claims. Gastelum has appealed to the federal government for more assistance to cope with the influx.

Mexico's Interior Ministry said Saturday that the federal government was flying in food and blankets for the migrants in Tijuana.

Tijuana officials converted a municipal gymnasium and recreational complex into a shelter to keep migrants out of public spaces. The city's privately run shelters have a maximum capacity of 700. The municipal complex can hold up to 3,000.

At the municipal shelter, Josue Caseres, 24, expressed dismay at the protests against the caravan. "We are fleeing violence," said the entertainer from Santa Barbara, Honduras. "How can they think we are going to come here to be violent?"

Some from the caravan have diverted to other border cities, such as Mexicali, a few hours to the east of Tijuana.

Elsewhere on Sunday, a group of 200 migrants headed north from El Salvador, determined to also find safety in numbers to reach the U.S. Edwin Alexander Gomez, 20, told AP in San Salvador that he wants to work construction in New York, where he hears the wages are better and the city is safer.

U.S. President Donald Trump, who sought to make the caravan a campaign issue in the midterm elections, used Twitter on Sunday to voice support for the mayor of Tijuana and try to discourage the migrants from seeking entry to the U.S.

Trump wrote that like Tijuana, "the U.S. is ill-prepared for this invasion, and will not stand for it. They are causing crime and big problems in Mexico. Go home!"

He followed that tweet by writing: "Catch and Release is an obsolete term. It is now Catch and Detain. Illegal Immigrants trying to come into the U.S.A., often proudly flying the flag of their nation as they ask for U.S. Asylum, will be detained or turned away."

___

Guess they should have built a wall.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

___

I never realized Honduras and the US were so similar.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mcgruff10 said:

___

Don’t you mean Honduras and a couple of the most violent US cities?
  • Options
    I hope to leave a violent country (not caused by the government) is not cause to grant Asylum, shit we'd have thousands of American applying for Asylum.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:

___

Don’t you mean Honduras and a couple of the most violent US cities?
    Yah. Crazy, eh?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    People hire illegal immigrants to pay less than the market wage.  I blame the business owners. 
    Exactly, I think everyone’s issue is in regards to illegal immigration.  The consequences to hiring illegal immigrants should be higher than the benefits.  But why do people get so upset when illegal immigrants get deported?
    literally no one does. it's the separation of families and incarceration of children is where people get upset. 
    I hear all the time we should not be deporting anyone who isn't violent or a criminal. Especially if they've been here a while.
    Based on that I assume they get upset when it does happen.
    Yeah, I don’t think “literally no one” is a correct statement.  
    fair point. I sometimes find myself using absolutes to make a point and I shouldn't. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

___

There's an affluent part of Tijuana?  Man I missed that part when I was there...

So Mexico is crying foul about the caravan too and calling it an invasion?  Where on earth did they get that idea from?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    If Soros is paying for the caravan then who is paying for the anti-caravan protesters? 
    Adelson?
    Koch?
    Bannon?
    Mercer?
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Let’s shoot them , stone them they must be fought back they probably carry decease , lice and haven’t used deodorant in 
    So are the “browns” (as you like to say) coming to take the “brown” women away from “brown” in Mexico too?  Is that why they are so upset too?  Your racial rhetoric is beginning to fail.
  • Options
    If Soros is paying for the caravan then who is paying for the anti-caravan protesters? 
    Adelson?
    Koch?
    Bannon?
    Mercer?
    you know, I've never heard one reasonable explanation as to why some on the right insist that democrat billionaires fund this shit. what in the fuck benefit would they get from that?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Adelson?
    Koch?
    Bannon?
    Mercer?
    you know, I've never heard one reasonable explanation as to why some on the right insist that democrat billionaires fund this shit. what in the fuck benefit would they get from that?
    Shhhhh it's what is commonly referred to as an ubsunstatiated conspiracy theory with no basis of truth that was started in the rightwingosphere and picked up by focksnooze and then tweeted by the troll-in-chief to rile up his base.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    So are the “browns” (as you like to say) coming to take the “brown” women away from “brown” in Mexico too?  Is that why they are so upset too?  Your racial rhetoric is beginning to fail.
    Who has said brown people are not racist ? Racism doesn’t know colors ..
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Who has said brown people are not racist ? Racism doesn’t know colors ..
    https://youtu.be/-3U4-mv5_08
  • Options
    $72MM for troops at the border. How’s that deficit reduction working out? Aweful lot of money to string concertina wire. I thought Team Trump Treason knew how to get things done cost effectively?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    $72MM for troops at the border. How’s that deficit reduction working out? Aweful lot of money to string concertina wire. I thought Team Trump Treason knew how to get things done cost effectively?
    You know the invasion is happening, just wait ... the orange one knows...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    Big invasion coming! Any minute now! Woo!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah Baffoon gets to eat his turkey and the troops get to stare into Mexico..
  • Options
    Did the invasion happen yet??
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I heard on alternetusawebtruthstormer that they’re half way across Texas after routing US forces at the border and are eyeing Oklahoma as a place to set up their nation of immigranite because nothing speaks to new arrivals as the wind rustling down the plain.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Yes, started in 1492
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    I think maybe they took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com