MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Glad you got in, Matt, I'm sure that has to have been a great time!
    It wa something we’ll never forget. Glad I was on a plane so I didn’t have to see the 9th inning last night. It looks like Giles may not be given the ball again after that.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    mfc2006 said:
    Glad you got in, Matt, I'm sure that has to have been a great time!
    It wa something we’ll never forget. Glad I was on a plane so I didn’t have to see the 9th inning last night. It looks like Giles may not be given the ball again after that.
    Yay, Matt, happy you got tickets!  Glad you made the trip.

Last night they were going into the 9th and I guess i fell asleep.  I woke up to the post game show and they were talking about the score.  WTF!  Glad I missed it too.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069

Last night they were going into the 9th and I guess i fell asleep.  I woke up to the post game show and they were talking about the score.  WTF!  Glad I missed it too.
    But, buttttt.......it was GLORIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,714

wasn't really expecting a hitting performance tonight, especially after game 1
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Prolly fun for fans of the teams, but goddamn that was awful. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    DewieCox said:
    Damn that game was long!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    I stayed up watching football until 3 AM Saturday night into Sunday morning...which means I missed this wild one.  Have to sleep sometime.
    Hoping the Dodgers push it to 7.
    Goes to show how little, in some ways, the regular season stats mean.  Dodgers closer was the best in the league this year and if he was just able to do his job the series might be over now and Dodgers have won 4-1.  (Of course Giles gakked as well.)  Props to the Astros for taking those two games and making it 3-2.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    brianlux said:
    DewieCox said:
    Damn that game was long!
    American League ball with the DH.  and the ball just might be juiced.  i wonder what the percentage of runs scored this post season that haven't been on home runs?  i love home runs but it's kind of getting absurd this playoffs. 
  • I stayed up watching football until 3 AM Saturday night into Sunday morning...which means I missed this wild one.  Have to sleep sometime.
    Goes to show how little, in some ways, the regular season stats mean.  Dodgers closer was the best in the league this year and if he was just able to do his job the series might be over now and Dodgers have won 4-1.  (Of course Giles gakked as well.)  Props to the Astros for taking those two games and making it 3-2.

So during the regular year you might see a pitcher once over the course of a series.  Here they've seen every pitcher twice now from both teams and both bullpens are being used every game so runs are going to go up.  

The batters are getting used to the pitchers.
    That game was insane. Hoping Verlander can close it out tomorrow, but it’s going to be tough.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    pjhawks said:
    brianlux said:
    DewieCox said:
    Damn that game was long!
    American League ball with the DH.  and the ball just might be juiced.  i wonder what the percentage of runs scored this post season that haven't been on home runs?  i love home runs but it's kind of getting absurd this playoffs. 
    Yeah, 22 home runs so far!  That's crazy. Saw this interesting article on juiced baseballs:

https://www.theringer.com/2017/6/14/16044264/2017-mlb-home-run-spike-juiced-ball-testing-reveal-155cd21108bc

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• pjhawks said:
    brianlux said:
    DewieCox said:
    Damn that game was long!
    I saw 3, that's THREE grand slams in the playoffs so far this year.

That's just crazy!
    edited October 2017

Post edited by Lizard on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,714
    I stayed up watching football until 3 AM Saturday night into Sunday morning...which means I missed this wild one.  Have to sleep sometime.

i dozed off in the late innings of it.  saw the ending though
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    gotta end this in Game 6!

my “real team” once pissed away a 5-0 lead in what could have been a clinching game 6, on the road. I knew they had blown their one chance.

fuck the d**gers.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Lizard said:

All postseason long the 'box' they throw up there has shown the umps to be inconsistent.  I guess juicing the ball makes it easier on the hitters so they are trying to take a little back.  ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Lizard said:

It’s gone both ways for both teams.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Lizard said:

And yet, the game was still 13-12. Imagine if he had a tight strike zone? Ther was too many walks as it was. That game might've been 20-19 with a tight strike zone>LOL
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    MAYBE we'll get a good tight baseball  game tonight?
    cutz said:
    Lizard said:

And yet, the game was still 13-12. Imagine if he had a tight strike zone? Ther was too many walks as it was. That game might've been 20-19 with a tight strike zone>LOL
    it's still a funny pic:)
    Great Game!!!
    GO DODGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

• @brianlux you got your wish.  Tonight is game 7!!!
    Pumped for tonight! Go Astros!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

Chase with a pinch HBP. So perfect.

Looking forward to tonight.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:
    gotta end this in Game 6!

my “real team” once pissed away a 5-0 lead in what could have been a clinching game 6, on the road. I knew they had blown their one chance.

fuck the d**gers.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/6579068#Comment_6579068
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So pumped & nervous for this game. It’s been an awesome series so far & I hope the Astros can bring it tonight.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

Chase with a pinch HBP. So perfect.

Looking forward to tonight.

Love love love Chase!!
    GO DODGER BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Good luck to both teams tonight and hope for a good game!  Game 7's are always so much fun and so nerve-wracking at the same time!  This has been a great series.  Neither team dominant over the other.  One of the better series I've seen since 2001.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    Dodgers have the advantage. Better bullpen. Houston needs their starter to go at least 8
    I miss igotid88
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Feeling like it's the Dodgers year. Should be another great game though.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/