MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Never really put 2 and 2 together, but just read that Harper is younger than Judge.  That is pretty insane.  Dude is gonna get paid by the Philadelphia Phillies.
    fixed
    Sucks for you guys (and the rest of baseball) that you are in a deep rebuild at the same time the Yanks are about to put together another dynasty.  These kids, plus an excess of money, forget about it.

It moves just thinking about it.

As you know, a lot can happen in a year and a half. We shall see...

Yeah, man.  Pretty sure Judge is gonna break the all time home run record by then.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Never really put 2 and 2 together, but just read that Harper is younger than Judge.  That is pretty insane.  Dude is gonna get paid by the Philadelphia Phillies.
    fixed
    Sucks for you guys (and the rest of baseball) that you are in a deep rebuild at the same time the Yanks are about to put together another dynasty.  These kids, plus an excess of money, forget about it.

Yeah, man.  Pretty sure Judge is gonna break the all time home run record by then.
    You got to be juiced to break that record.  
    edited May 2017
    mrussel1 said:
    fixed

So it's not going to happen in the next 18 months? God dammit.

Also, I am all for steroids coming back to baseball just so I can see how far Judge can hit a baseball.
    mrussel1 said:
    fixed

Also, I am all for steroids coming back to baseball just so I can see how far Judge can hit a baseball.
    Don't get too amped up.  There are a lot of one year wonder/rookie busts in baseball history.  Throw in his knee problems already and maybe you have Joe Charboneau meeting Greg Oden.  Just sayin....
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    fixed

Don't get too amped up.  There are a lot of one year wonder/rookie busts in baseball history.  Throw in his knee problems already and maybe you have Joe Charboneau meeting Greg Oden.  Just sayin....
    ha, yeah, I am aware. Mostly messing around. Prospects break your heart. I fully expect this current run to be the best of his entire career.  That said, looks like he could very well be a good big leaguer. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    fixed

ha, yeah, I am aware. Mostly messing around. Prospects break your heart. I fully expect this current run to be the best of his entire career.  That said, looks like he could very well be a good big leaguer. 

When is his hall of fame induction, Cliff? 2040 ish?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    fixed

They change the rules and let him in immediately after he hits his 763rd home run around September of next year.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    fixed

They change the rules and let him in immediately after he hits his 763rd home run around September of next year.
    Donald Trump issued an EO.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    fixed

Donald Trump issued an EO.
    Make the Yankees great again!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Pistachio Girl at the Phils games had a sweet hat, which I thought was a funny little play on words to jab at..

..but NOPE she's just fucking nuts. We can't have anything nice.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    They should just ban her from the park. 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    They should just ban her from the park. 
    This was from last season I'm assuming - she was fired over the winter, thankfully.

Batshit White Nationalist Crazy - https://twitter.com/realemilyyoucis?lang=en
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    philly fans complaining about other fans.

SAD! :wink:

speaking of philly, the loved and hated (and strike three NLCS over taking) ryan howard is officially done.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Loving the way the Astros are playing. They are on a mission.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    Loving the way the Astros are playing. They are on a mission.

yeah, let's hope they can ruin derek jeter night.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Wobbie said:

speaking of philly, the loved and hated (and strike three NLCS over taking) ryan howard is officially done.
    He was done 6 years ago. I am SHOCKED he hung around this long.  I believe he had 2 good years and was not anything great.  Low average and a bunch of K's.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Wobbie said:

I believe he had 2 good years and was not anything great.  Low average and a bunch of K's.
    You'd be wrong on that. He had an incredible 6 year run and was the best power hitter in the game for 4 of those seasons. 
    DewieCox said:
    Wobbie said:

I believe he had 2 good years and was not anything great.  Low average and a bunch of K's.
    You'd be wrong on that. He had an incredible 6 year run and was the best power hitter in the game for 4 of those seasons. 

Just to put it in perspective, ryan had 97 IBB in those four years. barry bonds had 120 IBB in the one year of 2004.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    DewieCox said:
    Wobbie said:

Just to put it in perspective, ryan had 97 IBB in those four years. barry bonds had 120 IBB in the one year of 2004.
    Ryan was a great hitter during that period.  Bonds was still Bonds, but he was winding down his career at that point.  You can't really disparage Ryan's run.  It is surprising how quickly he fell off.  Great hitters usually keep their careers going at DH until their mid to late 30's.  It feels like he fell off the map in a hurry. 
    DewieCox said:
    Wobbie said:

Did he ever bat over .275 during that stint?  
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Barely, but 50 hr and 140 RBI per is pretty f'n great
    DewieCox said:
    Barely, but 50 hr and 140 RBI per is pretty f'n great
    Which he did once...

Not saying he hadn't had some impressive numbers but as a whole package I never saw it.

His last few years he fell off a cliff.  Not sure what happened to him.
    not that I'm anti-mom, but these pink unis are atrocious.....some (d**gers) more than others.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    d**gers are so goddam hateable.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    They've got a classy team.  Pederson, Seager, Kershaw.  I can see how that can be hated.
    Wobbie said:
    They've got a classy team.  Pederson, Seager, Kershaw.  I can see how that can be hated.
    d**ger class has always been a myth. kershaw is a good dude but fuck the rest of them.

especially, the goddam leprechaun :wink: 

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Agreed with Rob. They do have Keyshawn but also Puig. Fuck the Dodgers. 
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    d**ger class has always been a myth. kershaw is a good dude but fuck the rest of them.

especially, the goddam leprechaun :wink: 
    Oh man... Downing Joc and Corey...  Two of my favorite players out there!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited May 2017
    Wobbie said:

He was done 6 years ago. I am SHOCKED he hung around this long.  I believe he had 2 good years and was not anything great.  Low average and a bunch of K's.
    from 2006 until 2011 Ryan's batted .294 with an average of 44 home runs and 133 RBI's per season.  that's a damn impressive 6 year run which doesn't include his Rookie of the Year season when he only played 88 games.  so 7 great fucking years which includes a rookie of the year, MVP, 2nd in MVP and 3rd in MVP voting.  so uh yea try goggle before talking stats.
    Post edited by pjhawks on