Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Now that this rule is out and known known. I am all about the fans taking a more active role.  Take the glove right off the players hand, smack the ball out of it.  Do what you gotta do!  When the ball is out of play that is.
    Yankees fan perspective!  ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Now that this rule is out and known known. I am all about the fans taking a more active role.  Take the glove right off the players hand, smack the ball out of it.  Do what you gotta do!  When the ball is out of play that is.
    God damn right!

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    God damn right!

:lol:
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    God damn right!

Is that Jeffrey Maier all grown up?

• Options
    (who but) WB Mason beat the (nobody beats the) WIZ
  • Options
    When are the home fans going to realize that you have to get out of the way?  Crazy.  Tough to say Betts would not have made that catch but that clearly was a homer if he had been able to try w/o fans interfering and he did not make the catch.
    Tough pill to swallow for Astros fans, I am sure.

Some really good plays made in the game.
    When are people going to realize the fans don't have to get out of the way?  If the ball is out of the field of play, it's as much the fans' as any fielder's.  A player cannot leave the field of play in attempt to make a catch (only if momentum carries them once the attempt is made).  He can reach out of play for the ball, but it can't be interference at that point.

That picture of Betts from behind isn't convincing because of the angle. The ball also touched the fans hand AFTER Betts' glove closed and rebounded off it. The picture in front isn't convincing at all.

Also, the whole "enough evidence to overturn" stipulation is and always has been dumb.  If you're going to replay, you're obviously unsure of the call on the field in the first place, that instrinsically means the call is doubtful in the first place and the call on the field should be void at that point.  The point of replay should be to get the call right, not "is it enough evidence to overturn?"
    That is why it IS convincing...

The guy with the tattoo's elbow is at the plane of the wall.

His hand is in front of his elbow.

Betts' glove is in front of his elbow.

I work with angles and view points all the time so I will see it differently than others.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    God damn right!

I thought Cliffy was Jeffrey Maier
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448

Wow, likely a Boston vs LA world series.  Great....  

I love baseball, but not sure how much of that i'll be able to stomach and watch.  

it's enough to make me root for boston. blech!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    God damn right!

I thought Cliffy was Jeffrey Maier
    Dude, I wish!  At least 9 year old Maier or whatever. I like my life now.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,421
    Astros are not playing well enough to win these games regardless of that call. Red Sox overcame a missed call/replay in Game 3(that cost the Red Sox 1 or 2 runs) and the Astros did not in Game 4. Hinch said so himself. Astros aren't pitching well enough , so far.  Astros relief pitching with too  many walks/HBP, and pass balls by the Astros catcher/s. And, the Red Sox are scoring plenty of runs.

Don't like the Dodgers but not sure i want the Brewers in the WS. I'm afraid that too many teams will play the game they are, with their pitching. Why didn't Counsel walk the bases loaded in the extra inning game, instead of pitching to Bellinger? I think he should've walked him and the next batter , and loaded the bases, as the pitcher's spot was next and the Dodgers had NO one to pinch hit as they used up all of their players. LA would've had no choice but to have a pitcher hit their.
  • Options
    The strike 3 to Bregman was 10 times more a ball than the 0-2 to Martinez 
  • Options
    CLIIFY FUCKIN’ COVEY!!!!!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Lol what? 
  • Options
    They were both strikes.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    They were both strikes.
    Fair, and Mrs Upton can’t make that mistake 1-2.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    They were both strikes.
    Fair, and Mrs Upton can’t make that mistake 1-2.
    HAHA(Mr.s Upton)

True, though
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,289
    it was already going to be a sucky World Series. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    fuck these guys....first four in the rotation and closer either FA or trades...all about the $$$$.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    Wobbie said:
    fuck these guys....first four in the rotation and closer either FA or trades...all about the $$$$.
    Interesting how you ignore Betts, Benintendi, Bogaerts, Bradley, Devers, Holt, Vazquez and others as home grown talent though to skew your lame argument.

And your Giants are fielding a 25 man roster of all SF draftees, right?  What a coup when they drafted Evan Longoria, Derek Holland, Hunter Pence, Will Smith, Jeff Samardizja, Gorkys Hernandez and Nick Hundley all in a 2 year span.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Bummed that the Astros season is over. I think they’ll come back hungry and healthy next year, but it’ll be interesting to see who they re-sign and who they pick up. Good luck to the remaining teams.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Wobbie said:
    Well that's an ongoing problem with the Red Sox for over 30 years.
    They suck at developing pitching.
    Lester is about the only one and they let him get away.
    Barnes, Workman and B Johnson are the only pitchers on the roster that were drafted.

• Options
    How the fuck is Kratz a starting catcher on a good team?

The brewers do that with their bullpen and they just send a pitcher to have his first mlb at bat with the bases loaded and 2 outs in game 6. Dodgers gotta come back 
  • Options
    Lol what....70 something pitchers in a 6 game series?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    Interesting how you ignore Betts, Benintendi, Bogaerts, Bradley, Devers, Holt, Vazquez and others as home grown talent though to skew your lame argument.

And your Giants are fielding a 25 man roster of all SF draftees, right?  What a coup when they drafted Evan Longoria, Derek Holland, Hunter Pence, Will Smith, Jeff Samardizja, Gorkys Hernandez and Nick Hundley all in a 2 year span.

well, the WS teams relied on lincecum, cain, bum, voglesong and no name “closers”.....I knew your position players were mostly homegrown.

and those guys you mention all play on the current, suckass giants.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Knebel's reaction when handed a bat ...

• Options
    How the fuck is Kratz a starting catcher on a good team?

The brewers do that with their bullpen and they just send a pitcher to have his first mlb at bat with the bases loaded and 2 outs in game 6. Dodgers gotta come back 
    You don't know the Kratz story?  He is the ultimate underdog and a good story!
    https://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/erik-kratz-brewers.html
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,289
    damn it
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Machado, again(Watch: Machado seems to shake crotch at booing Brewers fans after base hit)

Post edited by cutz on