MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Rob has weird things about a lot of things. He probably hates Jarrius Robertson. Don't mind him.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Barry Bonds is the best god damn ball player to ever play the game. The fact the he wasn't a first-ballot Hall of Famer makes the Hall of Fame completely illegitimate. 
    :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Laugh every time I see that.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    About time for one of Joe West's bullshit calls, ain't it?
    The low strikes don't count?
    Barry Bonds is the best god damn ball player to ever play the game. The fact the he wasn't a first-ballot Hall of Famer makes the Hall of Fame completely illegitimate. 
    I will agree with this.  Look at the BB and IBB.
    edited July 2017
    Lawrence Leavy (aka Marlins Man) is a decent guy.  It may annoy people seeing his bright orange Marlins jersey smack dab in the middle of every major sporting event, but what many don't know is the people sitting around him in these prime seats are guests of his.  He takes complete strangers to these games and let's them take in an experience they otherwise probably would never get.  If you see him on his phone, he is usually live streaming the event so fans at home who follow him on social media can enjoy the perspective or taking pics with fans at their request. He always takes time to stop and talk to other fans who notice him in the stadium or around whatever city he's in. He supports local businesses and usually buys dinner and drinks for people as well.

I guess he could be a rich, smug prick who acts like "normal" people don't exist and he's above everyone else.  But instead he's just a huge sports fan spreading generosity to other sports fans.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Rob has weird things about a lot of things. He probably hates Jarrius Robertson. Don't mind him.
    Wob is awesome on many levels.  His fandom is also awesome...although not always in the best of ways.
    (College Football is Wob's best area.  He woots for 13 different teams for reasons such as "I once took a leak on the outside of their stadium when we were driving through that town" and/or "I met a guy who played there back in '13 (1913) and he was an OK guy.  He hated most people from LA, and that makes him good people in my book.")
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    fuck 'em both :lol:
    Marlins Man is an ass but I never understand all the Pudge hate.  :angry:

pudge is a juicer in the HOF (along with bagwell and piazza). meanwhile, bonds > any or all, can't get a whiff :angry:
    Bagwell? Really? Give me a break
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    He admitted to Andro (although it wasn't illegal at the time) and was suspected of it by many fans.
    I always liked The Killer Bs.  Think he was guilty by association because he was close to Ken Cammmmmmmmm-however you spell his name.

Wob is awesome on many levels.  His fandom is also awesome...although not always in the best of ways.
    (College Football is Wob's best area.  He woots for 13 different teams for reasons such as "I once took a leak on the outside of their stadium when we were driving through that town" and/or "I met a guy who played there back in '13 (1913) and he was an OK guy.  He hated most people from LA, and that makes him good people in my book.")
    He is awesome. I highly enjoy bantering back & forth with Rob and I hope he does too.   He is the Skip Bayless to my Stephen A, only I think we both make more sense than either of them... most of the time.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Ohh it's Wobbie. For some reason I read it as WobbLe
    I miss igotid88
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    igotid88 said:
    He does a lot of that too.  :tongue:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    igotid88 said:
    Too many PBR's will do that... :joy:
    igotid88 said:
    PBRs and Canadian Club whiskey.  (Or Popov vodka)
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    igotid88 said:
    PBRs and Canadian Club whiskey.  (Or Popov vodka)
    Leave Rob alone. He is a good dude that doesn't deserve this.

Just kidding. Continue on..........................
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Did really just see that the Cubs landed Quintana from White Sox? That answers the question on whether Arrieta will be back or not. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    I scooped him in the one league I was in where he wasn't owned.  In another league I carried him much of the year & hope to be rewarded for it now since he has been hot and cold.
    edited July 2017
    I scooped him in the one league I was in where he wasn't owned.  In another league I carried him much of the year & hope to be rewarded for it now since he has been hot and cold.
    One of you poor soles is harboring Matt Harvey too, I let him go after having "hope" for him but now I see he is "hopeless"... 
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Lizard said:
    YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sammy must be a Michael Jackson fan.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Did really just see that the Cubs landed Quintana from White Sox? That answers the question on whether Arrieta will be back or not. 
    Quintana is another one I've never understood the hype over.  When did below .500 pitchers with ERA's around 4 become the new standard for being an "ace?"

I wouldn't be so fast to assume that Arrieta's gone.  Old man Lackey will probably retire and Quintana could fill that spot.

Word around the campfire is the Cubs contacted Detroit about sending Schwarber for Fulmer and Avila.  If that happens - and I assume that's a big IF - it's then probably safe to say goodbye to Jake in the offseason.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    White sox are stacked
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Quintana is another one I've never understood the hype over.  When did below .500 pitchers with ERA's around 4 become the new standard for being an "ace?"

I wouldn't be so fast to assume that Arrieta's gone.  Old man Lackey will probably retire and Quintana could fill that spot.

Word around the campfire is the Cubs contacted Detroit about sending Schwarber for Fulmer and Avila.  If that happens - and I assume that's a big IF - it's then probably safe to say goodbye to Jake in the offseason.

You're going to love Quintana.  Not that W-L record really matters for pitchers, but he has had some of the worst run support in all of baseball the past 5 years.  Had a brutal start to this season, but has been very solid as usual over his last 7-8 starts.  Guy is a workhorse and his contract is one of the best deals in baseball for his production.  Wouldn't call him an ace, but definitely a high end #2 guy...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    White sox are stacked

Love what Rick Hahn is doing.  It's sucks to see them get rid of all these guys like Sale, Eaton and Quintana but that's what you have to do to rebuild when you've drafted like complete garbage for a decade.  

You're going to love Quintana.  Not that W-L record really matters for pitchers, but he has had some of the worst run support in all of baseball the past 5 years.  Had a brutal start to this season, but has been very solid as usual over his last 7-8 starts.  Guy is a workhorse and his contract is one of the best deals in baseball for his production.  Wouldn't call him an ace, but definitely a high end #2 guy...
    If run support is his issue, better hope the north side offense comes alive otherwise he's doomed here, too.  I suppose one thing it does is get Montgomery back to the pen full time?  Although he is slated to start tomorrow night.  I'm going to the Sunday game, maybe the new guy will get the nod and I'll see what he's made of.

If the Tigers agreed to that deal they are dumb. The best commodity in baseball is good, young, controllable starting pitching. Schwarber is a glorified DH.  
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

If the Tigers agreed to that deal they are dumb. The best commodity in baseball is good, young, controllable starting pitching. Schwarber is a glorified DH.  
    I agree they'd be nuts. Schwarber has devalued himself so much in this half-season alone. But nuttier things have happened and I'd love to see it!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    That documentary on the Indians "almost dynasty" was very enjoyable. Really liked watching that team play back in the day
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Whatever the Jacob's Field stadium capacity is, I remember the Indians retiring that number for the fans for having a bunch of consecutive sellouts for like a 5 or 6 year period in the 90's.  Always thought that was pretty cool.

If run support is his issue, better hope the north side offense comes alive otherwise he's doomed here, too.  I suppose one thing it does is get Montgomery back to the pen full time?  Although he is slated to start tomorrow night.  I'm going to the Sunday game, maybe the new guy will get the nod and I'll see what he's made of.
    And Quintana gets the Sunday start!  That'll be cool to see his first game as a Cub, in my home state.