MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/royals-pitcher-yordano-ventura-killed-car-crash-25-reports-article-1.2952880

I know the pain as an Angels fan regarding Adenhart. My condolences to Royals fans. No team should have to deal with such tragedy. RIP
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Terrible. And Andy marte
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Two more, too young. Terrible news to wake up to this morning.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I'm curious to see if other owners/GM's think Manfred was light on the punishment to Cardinals. 1 second round pick, 1 competitive balance pick at the end of the second and 2 million going from Cards to Astros. Olney or someone else on ESPN already mentioned this morning prior to the sanctions coming out that losing that competitive balance pick shouldn't really count as it was an extra thing given to Cards. I would agree. They should have had to fork over their first round pick for 2018 and their international spending pool to the Astros as well.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    They got off pretty easy.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    They should make Matheny wear a dress all season.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

They should make Matheny wear a dress all season.

LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

I'm curious to see if other owners/GM's think Manfred was light on the punishment to Cardinals. 1 second round pick, 1 competitive balance pick at the end of the second and 2 million going from Cards to Astros. Olney or someone else on ESPN already mentioned this morning prior to the sanctions coming out that losing that competitive balance pick shouldn't really count as it was an extra thing given to Cards. I would agree. They should have had to fork over their first round pick for 2018 and their international spending pool to the Astros as well.

I agree: Cardinals should've lost ther first round pick for 2018. Do you think, if they didn't sign Fowler, and still had that pick this year, MLB would have given that pick to the Astros?
    cutz said:

I agree: Cardinals should've lost ther first round pick for 2018. Do you think, if they didn't sign Fowler, and still had that pick this year, MLB would have given that pick to the Astros?
    I think Manfred had to take 2 picks away so yes. This was like Goodell and Kraft back in spygate. Manfred and Cards owner are good friends like Kraft and Goodell were prior to deflategate. Manfred didn't want to make the same mistake as Goodell did and piss the other owners for coming off light in the punishment. I think he still did. They could have left that competitive balance pick alone and did 2018 first instead. Or taken away the international spending pool for 2017.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Chris Davis told a young fan at Orioles FanFest: "Jose Bautista is actually a pretty good dude.......said no one ever." :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I loved seeing this morning other teams are just as pissed at Astros as Cards. They got rewarded for being morons and having lack security. I do kind of have to agree with them on that one.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Ha, absolutely zero chance that the organization didn't know about this and it was the one rogue dude. MLB got the outcome they wanted going in, just like the Mitchell Report.
    Wobbie said:

Chris Davis told a young fan at Orioles FanFest: "Jose Bautista is actually a pretty good dude.......said no one ever." :lol:

That's great!
    Wobbie said:

haha!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    just read a bunch of the MLB "need to do's" and the dbags are absolutely fucked :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

just read a bunch of the MLB "need to do's" and the dbags are absolutely fucked :lol:

Dumbass ass GM shipped off every decent prospect they had. Their topped rated guy is seen as maybe a back end rotation piece. They are a great example on how you fuck up a team.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • They should make Matheny wear a dress all season.

MLB just passed a rule stating that you can not "haze" other team mates and dress them up and such.

I used to watch the Burlington Bees and the reliever was carrying a Dora Explorer backpack one day. I asked "why" Their reply was because he blew a save and he has to carry it until he redeems himself, lol.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    MLB is considering starting extra innings with a runner on 2nd base
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

That is absolute nonsense!! They're not just considering it, they're going to experiment with it in rookie ball this season. I'm cool with eliminating the 4-pitch IBB though.
  • Draft picks are not really that important in baseball. The cards got off way to easy.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    Beat it, Loria
    igotid88 said:

could be the dumbest idea ever.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    igotid88 said:

that's fucking stupid.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    If it goes to extras, settle it by playing 3 on 3 wiffle ball.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Home run derby!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    That potential rule sounds like something the NHL would institute.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    HA. So Jared Kushner's father, a convicted felon, may be part of the group purchasing the Marlins. You can't make this stuff up...

HA. So Jared Kushner's father, a convicted felon, may be part of the group purchasing the Marlins. You can't make this stuff up...

LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I suppose his taxpayer funded stadium allowed Loria to turn a nice profit.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16